New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827188 times)

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #8100 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:54 PM »
just found out that i will be fishing with a long lost freind for the day. fish or no fish. end of story ;) it does not get any better then that ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #8101 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:56 PM »
I hate to add fuel to the fire but I live 2 1/2 hrs away and guys have been coming to fish that bite because of post some of you guys put on here!  You can only post limit days of gills and high teen number of craps day in and day out from the south shore so long before guys catch on.  I won't name names but 2 guys in particular have posted numerous pics of limits for weeks now....what did you think would happen?  Those pictures are now on every fishermans cell phone with in a 3 hr radius.  Sorry sometimes the truth sucks...but just had to say something!
True story, then for people to complain about the spot, and call it by name is a real head scratcher.

Offline Carcajou17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Fishin' Gal
« Reply #8102 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Ya know, it's a shame that things have to be the despicable way they are sometimes.  Speaking for myself, I am new to ice fishing. I depend (and very much APPRECIATE) the insight and info that is posted on this site in order to learn how to do thing better.  It's a shame that people use it to the detriment of others (e.g. pirates).  I will still keep reading and participating because I believe overall the good people outweigh the bad, but now I know why the vets don't share much sometimes.  I think that's awful because those of us starting out could really learn from their experiences.  Hope to see some of you guys out there someday.
Carcajou = Wolverine
Blessed and thanking God I can do this ice fishing thing...

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #8103 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:58 PM »

There is a huge difference between posting about success in the main lake, and bragging about small bays for panfish.

Offline Carcajou17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Fishin' Gal
« Reply #8104 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:59 PM »
just found out that i will be fishing with a long lost freind for the day. fish or no fish. end of story ;) it does not get any better then that ;D

Awesome!
Carcajou = Wolverine
Blessed and thanking God I can do this ice fishing thing...

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8105 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:09 PM »
Word on the Street is that Big Bay is on Fire!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :blink:
Forget about short point!!
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8106 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:28 PM »
Stormy I'm a little out spoken.  ::)

You're way off in this one. Beyond nuts!
Accepting illegal catches because you can?

If you're promoting the Oneida diehards logo on clothes or custom jigs.
Well then I'd be ashamed to wear or use them. 
In fact screw the logo! Screw the jigs!
Won't have anything to do with them.

While I have the utmost respect for some, I'm surprised some are fishing with you.

I don't play games, I don't pull punches, I simply call it as I see it.
Those fishing with you just lost tons of credibility Too.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8107 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:28 PM »

well guys i have caught up on several pages and my meager Opinion is there is at least 2:1, maybe 3:1  on panfish verses perch without question just go to the bait stores and ask and I have witnessed the double dipping in 2 different spot , and unlike some on here that think they have all the answers I have fished eyes and perch for many years , but my teeth were cut on flats and which I have been doing for the last few days with buds I fished with guys 30 years ago and am having a blast and had the pleasure of fishing with Crappie Killer today great time  ;D

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8108 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:32 PM »

There is a huge difference between posting about success in the main lake, and bragging about small bays for panfish.
Good point and well said DD...absolutely true.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8109 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:48 PM »
Stormy I'm a little out spoken.  ::)

You're way off in this one. Beyond nuts!
Accepting illegal catches because you can?

If you're promoting the Oneida diehards logo on clothes or custom jigs.
Well then I'd be ashamed to wear or use them. 
In fact screw the logo! Screw the jigs!
Won't have anything to do with them.

While I have the utmost respect for some, I'm surprised some are fishing with you.

I don't play games, I don't pull punches, I simply call it as I see it.
Those fishing with you just lost tons of credibility Too.
THAT DESERVES A BIG  ATTABOY! :clap:

Offline crappiekiller315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • THATS HOW I ROLL SUCKA'S
« Reply #8110 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:52 PM »
well guys i have caught up on several pages and my meager Opinion is there is at least 2:1, maybe 3:1  on panfish verses perch without question just go to the bait stores and ask and I have witnessed the double dipping in 2 different spot , and unlike some on here that think they have all the answers I have fished eyes and perch for many years , but my teeth were cut on flats and which I have been doing for the last few days with buds I fished with guys 30 years ago and am having a blast and had the pleasure of fishing with Crappie Killer today great time  ;D
I was fortunate enough to be in the presence of the legend today and he and release both continued to handmy arse to me what a prick he is hey killer got another one is all iI heard  in my head the whole way home it was a great day to be out even if I only caught a few small ones
why is it everytime i start catchin fish a GREMLIN pop's up in my hole

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8111 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Wow. Just when somebody says how civil this thread has been all year it blows up. Very entertaining.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8112 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:55 PM »
I posted my opinion about posting pics of big numbers and crazy bites on this site two seasons ago...and got blasted. Some said that the big numbers and success stories gave them the "motivation to become better fishermen". Really all they had to do was go to the spot where the bite was hot. Even a mediocre fisherman becomes great when the bite is so hot in a spot that you can literally catch them on a cigarette butt. I was very guilty of pictures and bragging...but I took it back a notch. No need to turn "my spots" into frenzy land. I share them with a few friends who know the repercussions of spreading the word. I practice this on the soft water too...
Guys...the internet has, and will continue to change EVERYTHING. Everyone is in for the easy bite. Heck...I'm tempted to head over to Short Point myself...and I don't even chase "flats". It's gonna get worse before it gets better.
great post Jim I'm looking into a future spot as I type anybody can follow the leader

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8113 on: Mar 28, 2014, 08:57 PM »
I was fortunate enough to be in the presence of the legend today and he and release both continued to handmy arse to me what a prick he is hey killer got another one is all iI heard  in my head the whole way home it was a great day to be out even if I only caught a few small ones
Release said he made ya a pie! :woot:

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8114 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:00 PM »

hes being kind he did just fine , we all know what a BS,er he is , you would think release wrote that  ;)

Offline BROOKIEGILLY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8115 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:09 PM »
ready for round 2 tomorrow DD ? nice seeing everyone today , almost like a family Reunion and putting faces with some names on here and nice meeting gillie today also , and we will be having a new member here soon

Filet nice meeting you yesterday always great to put the face and name together!!!!!!

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8116 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:14 PM »
great post Jim I'm looking into a future spot as I type anybody can follow the leader

Nice chattin with ya earlier. That "new" spot has to have fish somewhere...  :whistle: :whistle: ;D

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #8117 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:17 PM »
I have been fishing out of a bay on the south shore my whole life and have only seen a handful of guys fish for panfish in the bay in the winter.....this year somebody let a cat out of the bag and figured out that there are a few fish to be had and it has been getting pounded this year......doesn't take long for people to jump on the bandwagon.....on another note I think that the state should lower the limits on panfish down to 25 per person including perch......with the birth of electronics and shanties and heaters and so on and so forth, the amount of fish being caught by almost everyone is immense.....I think 25 perch per day is more than enough.......would like to keep this great fishery around for my grandkids kids.......didn't mean to get this much ire stirred up with one question about access ;D

Offline travis9791

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8118 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:24 PM »
Just wondering if travel by snowmobile is still possible from the north shore

Offline jigginoff

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Have a crappie day!!
« Reply #8119 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:28 PM »
Sorry for stirring the pot, just posting my opinion. I definitely wasn't referring to anyone that is retired and deserves to be out there every day, I think we all know who I'm referring to as "pirates" and "turds". These people have absolutely no respect for the fisheries or the honest folks who would like to preserve them so we can all continue to enjoy it for the rest of our lives. These people will be the first ones pissing and moaning when the fishery goes to crap, but that doesn't matter to them, they will just move on and do the same to the next.

Offline Mr. Freeze Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8120 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:30 PM »
I posted my opinion about posting pics of big numbers and crazy bites on this site two seasons ago...and got blasted. Some said that the big numbers and success stories gave them the "motivation to become better fishermen". Really all they had to do was go to the spot where the bite was hot. Even a mediocre fisherman becomes great when the bite is so hot in a spot that you can literally catch them on a cigarette butt. I was very guilty of pictures and bragging...but I took it back a notch. No need to turn "my spots" into frenzy land. I share them with a few friends who know the repercussions of spreading the word. I practice this on the soft water too...
Guys...the internet has, and will continue to change EVERYTHING. Everyone is in for the easy bite. Heck...I'm tempted to head over to Short Point myself...and I don't even chase "flats". It's gonna get worse before it gets better.
Amen Hookinup....well said!!

Offline bigjim308

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8121 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:33 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Bad things happen on the lake after dark!!!

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8122 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:33 PM »
KP are you lecturing me ? Save it..... My point being .... Now here comes the common sense .. ya ready ? This lake has seen much more consistent 'FISHING' pressure then it does now .... It has survived 30,000 cormorants eating untold numbers of fish and she still flourishes ...

All you screaming memmes squawking about how a couple guys... hell even 50 guys taking a couple limits over is going to hurt the population of the fish is RIDICULOUS ...  They might even be doing you flat fish guys a solid by taking out all those mature fish.

Let's be honest about all this hyperventilating .... those who have fished there uncontested for years have their noses out of joint because of all the traffic ...

Seems to me This PUBLIC Lake needs some PUBLIC Access ..... You want to have all the trappings of a PRIVATE LAKE ... MOVE to one .... Common Sense huh ...

This little debate has me wondering about all the guys crying for the government to instill more laws ... about turning in another American over fish for God's sake ..... Whats going to happen when the SHTF in the very near future .... Be the same ones wearing the Brown Coat with that funny little emblem on it .... So freaking sad .
WOW !   Just #$%@&*%# WOW ! ::)
  For a guy who's never been involved with the Oneida Lake pan fishery, you sure know quite a bit  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #8123 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:39 PM »
Just wondering if travel by snowmobile is still possible from the north shore
fished out of williams park this afternoon......nasty crack along the shore that was tough to find a spot to cross but finally did.......motored over to dakin area and what a mistake......on the way over it wasn't too bad but the return trip was wet to say the least......couple areas we drove thru at least a foot of water....not worth the trip imho.....got a few perch.....very sloppy....plenty of ice though

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8124 on: Mar 28, 2014, 09:45 PM »
Filet nice meeting you yesterday always great to put the face and name together!!!!!!

same here bud  :thumbsup:

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8125 on: Mar 28, 2014, 10:01 PM »
i hope the dec reads this web site-----They do according to ECO Childs who I spoke to a few weeks ago.   Doesn't seem to be helping though as it seems they're looking for walleye offenders more than anything  ::)so they know what is going on and what you are all talking about and it should be against the law to sell sport caught fish in new york. Selling unprotected fish species has no impact on the fishery.  The DEC's biologists and scientists have stated many times over the years that they've been unable to prove that hook and line sales of unprotected species to have any detrimental effects on Oneida Lake.
 our lakes are for sport not for commercial fishing. This is YOUR opinionand i agree that some of the trusted guys who are local and who fish alot should be enlisted as eyes on the ground for the dec---you guys could tell them where the problems are and who to check so they can enforce the laws and catch these guys---we could tell them ---who littered---who raped and who tresspassed--- We do...and frequently but because there is no evidence to prove the lake is being harmed by hook and line fishing, the DEC most likely doesn't feel the need to waste their resources
  again----why is it legal to sell our fish---when is THAT going to get stoppedIt's legal because "Read Above Comments" .......   It won't get stopped anytime soon and it shouldn't get stopped.  It's been brought up to the politicians in Albany several times but like stated, No evidence of harm...No changes in the law !

Offline #hardwaterisbest

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8126 on: Mar 28, 2014, 10:56 PM »
I have been fishing out of a bay on the south shore my whole life and have only seen a handful of guys fish for panfish in the bay in the winter.....this year somebody let a cat out of the bag and figured out that there are a few fish to be had and it has been getting pounded this year......doesn't take long for people to jump on the bandwagon.....on another note I think that the state should lower the limits on panfish down to 25 per person including perch......with the birth of electronics and shanties and heaters and so on and so forth, the amount of fish being caught by almost everyone is immense.....I think 25 perch per day is more than enough.......would like to keep this great fishery around for my grandkids kids.......didn't mean to get this much ire stirred up with one question about access ;D

totally disagree about the perch limit. Especially on Oneida. Im an amateur at best and fish the lake a lot. Many times only taking home a handful of perch.  When they are hot or you find a slew of them its nice to take a bucket home. Many guys, even the ones that know the lake and catch the perch on a regular could probably attest to this
You don't need a power auger for 4 inches of ice!

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #8127 on: Mar 29, 2014, 12:56 AM »
I post on this site alot about my catch, and ice conditions quite abit. I know that there is litterally thousands of lurkers on this site. esspecially the last 2 years, and it has been showing with the size of the shanty towns out there. I absoulutley love fishing for flats, and am not going to stop anytime soon, but what is going to stop is my posting of all my catches. between alot of people watching me find my own fish, and others reading my posts. I will post ice conditions, and any danger that is out there. besides that i'm backing way off on my posts, and who i'm telling about my catches.

and Stormy, I consider myself a good fisherman who knows the law quite well, and you sir couldn't be any farther off. I just put a onida lake diehards sticker on the window of my truck, needless to say iv'e lost respect for you, and your sticker. it's comming off tommorow morning.
I never speak bad, or down about anyone, but enough is enough !!!   Sully...

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8128 on: Mar 29, 2014, 02:15 AM »
Time Out!

Take Five!

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8129 on: Mar 29, 2014, 01:31 PM »
Everyone catch their breath?

So.....Any perch in that lake? ;D

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.