New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827180 times)

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #8070 on: Mar 28, 2014, 04:17 PM »
  Oneida southshore counties under a flood watch.

FLOOD WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF NEW YORK AND NORTHEAST

PENNSYLVANIA...INCLUDI NG THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...IN NEW

YORK...BROOME...CHENAN GO...CORTLAND...DELAWA RE...MADISON...

OTSEGO...SOUTHERN ONEIDA...SULLIVAN AND TIOGA. IN NORTHEAST

PENNSYLVANIA...BRADFOR D...LACKAWANNA...LUZER NE...NORTHERN

WAYNE...PIKE...SOUTHER N WAYNE...SUSQUEHANNA AND WYOMING.

* FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING

* A STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE THROUGH THE MID-ATLANTIC STATES

SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. THIS SYSTEM WILL SPREAD RAINFALL

INTO NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON. MODERATE TO

HEAVY RAIN IS EXPECTED TO FALL SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY,

MAINLY ALONG AND EAST OF INTERSTATE 88.

* STORM TOTAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 3 INCHES ARE EXPECTED

THROUGH THIS TIME IN THE POCONOS AND WESTERN CATSKILLS, WITH

AMOUNTS AROUND 2 INCHES TO THE NORTH AND WEST INTO THE

SUSQUEHANNA REGION. THIS RAINFALL MAY PRODUCE SIGNIFICANT RISES

AND POSSIBLE FLOODING OF SMALL STREAMS, CREEKS AND MAINSTEM

RIVERS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING ON SMALL

STREAMS...CREEKS...POO R DRAINAGE...URBAN AND LOW-LYING AREAS

BASED ON CURRENT FORECASTS. YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS

AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING...WORKING

OR DRIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE PREPARED TO TAKE

ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP.

There has been talk of this becoming a snow event for us depending largely on the temps.  They are talking of a possible 3-6" snow tomorrow night.  Not sure if it will happen but sure will be a mess.

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8071 on: Mar 28, 2014, 04:22 PM »
Just read some updated forecasts and they have backed it down to 1-2" snow, a lot more to the north but there is risk of some pretty heavy rain.  Not sure how this will affect the ice but i'm sure it won't be for the better.

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #8072 on: Mar 28, 2014, 04:27 PM »
Iv'e been pounding on the sunnies, and gills pretty good lately. I fish because I love it. esspecially on Onieda lake. as far as these pirates go, I DO NOT AGREE with what they are doing, and they will get caught eventually !! the DEC knows these people, and what they are doing.
fishing is a very addictive sport. it is a great challenge to figure them out, and when you finnally do figure them out, and find them, you have a bunch of pirates on you within 2 days, because they've been watching you from shore. yes it's high time something was done about these pirates before the lake is just a body of water, and not the great fishery it is !!!   Sully...

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8073 on: Mar 28, 2014, 04:34 PM »

Heres an interesting factoid for Oldtimer, todays the first day this season you could use yesterdays holes for fishing without them freezing over, had too wait to march 28th for it too happen, man we got cheated this yr.

Are you sure? 

Didn't we have that weekend when the rain caused all the water on top of the ice?  I was only out 1 day but I thought people were reporting that the holes from Saturday were still open on Sunday. 

I get what you're saying though. 

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #8074 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:21 PM »
Are you sure? 

Didn't we have that weekend when the rain caused all the water on top of the ice?  I was only out 1 day but I thought people were reporting that the holes from Saturday were still open on Sunday. 

I get what you're saying though.

Forgot about that January thaw, but never got too fish a march hole from day before, not even close.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8075 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:25 PM »
The very reason why there isn't commercial fishing anymore...they nearly wiped the lake out years ago. And, you find fish pirates funny? Really?? Many of us don't find it very funny!! :-\

And, to the people who think it's alright to park on the narrow road sides down there...THINK about the possibility of safety vehicles that may have to try and manuever there vehicles past your vehicle to help someone who may be in an emergency.

Just saying...common sense goes along ways!! ;)

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8076 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:26 PM »
I think we made our point here the true sportsman are fed up with the pirate, meth labs and slobs in general that are ruining our lake for all the offenders take notice. Clean up your act  or else !!!!

Offline bigbay crappie buster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8077 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:55 PM »
Now this is interesting, Ive been fishing short point for 15 years , I posted a few photos of the the great catches I've had there even told a few people about the spot and where they could park and walk out.... well Ty's to them parking there and them telling other to park there it became posted.. never had more than 10-12 guys out there at once in all the years I've been there. I used to fish it everyday and limit out np this time of year...... I fished it this year from jan until now everyday I seen post of how many fish were caught there . I never worried about it until I went out and there were 25 guys out there I'm like ** and where are they coming from. I don't have a problem with the guys there catching fish, just respect the land owners and the lake itself pick up your trash park where your suppose too and don't bring unnecessary trouble to a spot I love to fish and unfortunately I think that bay is gonna be pounded forever and end up just like bigbay................ .
fill your buckets with quality not quantity and enjoy the conversations over heard of how good a fisherman you are................... ....

Offline fishbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8078 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:06 PM »
i hope the dec reads this web site-----so they know what is going on and what you are all talking about and it should be against the law to sell sport caught fish in new york. our lakes are for sport not for commercial fishing. and i agree that some of the trusted guys who are local and who fish alot should be enlisted as eyes on the ground for the dec---you guys could tell them where the problems are and who to check so they can enforce the laws and catch these guys---we could tell them ---who littered---who raped and who tresspassed---again----why is it legal to sell our fish---when is THAT going to get stopped

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8079 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Fun day yesterday out there good to see some guys I know out there fishing.Was a steady pick all day and some big fish.lost dropped and missed at least 20 fish lightest bite of the year.I wish i could get back out for one more day but don't think that is gonna happen.Hey Stormy I hope you at least got 1 piece of that fish that ultralight Shane thru in his bucket

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8080 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:15 PM »
The very reason why there isn't commercial fishing anymore...they nearly wiped the lake out years ago. And, you find fish pirates funny? Really?? Many of us don't find it very funny!! :-\

And, to the people who think it's alright to park on the narrow road sides down there...THINK about the possibility of safety vehicles that may have to try and manuever there vehicles past your vehicle to help someone who may be in an emergency.

Just saying...common sense goes along ways!! ;)

KP are you lecturing me ? Save it..... My point being .... Now here comes the common sense .. ya ready ? This lake has seen much more consistent 'FISHING' pressure then it does now .... It has survived 30,000 cormorants eating untold numbers of fish and she still flourishes ...

All you screaming memmes squawking about how a couple guys... hell even 50 guys taking a couple limits over is going to hurt the population of the fish is RIDICULOUS ...  They might even be doing you flat fish guys a solid by taking out all those mature fish.

Let's be honest about all this hyperventilating .... those who have fished there uncontested for years have their noses out of joint because of all the traffic ...

Seems to me This PUBLIC Lake needs some PUBLIC Access ..... You want to have all the trappings of a PRIVATE LAKE ... MOVE to one .... Common Sense huh ...

This little debate has me wondering about all the guys crying for the government to instill more laws ... about turning in another American over fish for God's sake ..... Whats going to happen when the SHTF in the very near future .... Be the same ones wearing the Brown Coat with that funny little emblem on it .... So freaking sad .
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8081 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:21 PM »
i hope the dec reads this web site-----so they know what is going on and what you are all talking about and it should be against the law to sell sport caught fish in new york. our lakes are for sport not for commercial fishing. and i agree that some of the trusted guys who are local and who fish alot should be enlisted as eyes on the ground for the dec---you guys could tell them where the problems are and who to check so they can enforce the laws and catch these guys---we could tell them ---who littered---who raped and who tresspassed---again----why is it legal to sell our fish---when is THAT going to get stopped

Look 95% of the fishing population consider flat fish a nuisance / trash fish ... $$$ does not come to Oneida to catch flat fish ... But for those that eggs are eaten by the flat fish ..... 
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8082 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:32 PM »
http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/jiggerupper/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ResizedImage_1396047257194.jpg.html?filters[user]=115168377&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/jiggerupper/media/ResizedImage_1396047083198.jpg.html?filters[user]=115168377&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8083 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:34 PM »
i have to get this posting thing fixed

Offline jennsater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8084 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:36 PM »
was out today 23 perch much slower than yesterday ice was great 23 inches little water on top..got around great on wheeler its gonna be a great last day out on the big lake for me tommarrow ...

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8085 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:42 PM »
Look 95% of the fishing population consider flat fish a nuisance / trash fish ... $$$ does not come to Oneida to catch flat fish ... But for those that eggs are eaten by the flat fish .....

And here come the internet experts... 95% trash/nusance? Fact or opinions? Money coming to Oneida tomorrow just to fish trash fish...

KP are you lecturing me ? Save it..... My point being .... Now here comes the common sense .. ya ready ? This lake has seen much more consistent 'FISHING' pressure then it does now .... It has survived 30,000 cormorants eating untold numbers of fish and she still flourishes ...

All you screaming memmes squawking about how a couple guys... hell even 50 guys taking a couple limits over is going to hurt the population of the fish is RIDICULOUS ...  They might even be doing you flat fish guys a solid by taking out all those mature fish.

Let's be honest about all this hyperventilating .... those who have fished there uncontested for years have their noses out of joint because of all the traffic ...

Seems to me This PUBLIC Lake needs some PUBLIC Access ..... You want to have all the trappings of a PRIVATE LAKE ... MOVE to one .... Common Sense huh ...

This little debate has me wondering about all the guys crying for the government to instill more laws ... about turning in another American over fish for God's sake ..... Whats going to happen when the SHTF in the very near future .... Be the same ones wearing the Brown Coat with that funny little emblem on it .... So freaking sad .

Fish buyer said over 4,00lbs not including Big Bay. That's over 10,000 fish. Yep whats the harm  ::) ::) Oh, and my buddys spot that got destroyed by scumbags wasn't even short point...

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8086 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:52 PM »

so whist you are stating is it OK to break the law catch limits are laws I don't care if your caught with one fish over the limit you are still breaking the law and I have no respect for that

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #8087 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:57 PM »

i was going to keep my mouth shut but just seeing you over here running you mouth as usual just pissed me off. of course once you become a "so called guide" you come over here and start running your mouth  just like some of the  others that have been kicked off of here in the past.( and at this time i wont say who) drop it stormy period and run your mouth on another site. not this one. these people are real fisherman and that is why i am still here. JMO! mods.........i can only take so much BS. this is a fishing site correct :P
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #8088 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:03 PM »
  I fished 4 times in the last week and DEC has been out twice, seems to me they are trying. And Internet hero's posting huge numbers and pictures daily are going to get scouted out, took me some time and hurt feelings to figure that out. Think about this, tonight where I was fishing, I heard over and over how everyone heard about the spot online. So, my point is even if it seems "everyone" knows about a spot or a hot bite, putting it on blast is a sure way to draw every lurker on the site in. Share with a few friends who you trust, and have helped you in the past, but for god's sake don't name a spot online ;)

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8089 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:09 PM »
Yeah I agree HT, that was quite an ignorant post.

It'll eat.

Offline shimanoman45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8090 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Boy o boy. Im glad i stayed away from there as i asked a fellow member on here if there was access, he said it was private. I thought about going from o shores but thought better of it and hit a diff bay for flats. Not the bite guys were having over there,but still got a handfull of gills and a couple nice specks. But sounds as things got and are still getting out of hand. Hope to make it out one more time before the spring crappie gear comes out. I had a tough year, but still had fun. As always thanks to the helpful bunch of guys on here. See ya on mff.

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8091 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:14 PM »
i have to get this posting thing fixed
All fixed!  ;)

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8092 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:18 PM »
Yeah I agree HT, that was quite an ignorant post.
in the land of the internet and stupid posts on fish catching. i myself will be on the ice as far away tomorrow from all people period :P

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8093 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:22 PM »
Boy o boy. Im glad i stayed away from there as i asked a fellow member on here if there was access, he said it was private. I thought about going from o shores but thought better of it and hit a diff bay for flats. Not the bite guys were having over there,but still got a handfull of gills and a couple nice specks. But sounds as things got and are still getting out of hand. Hope to make it out one more time before the spring crappie gear comes out. I had a tough year, but still had fun. As always thanks to the helpful bunch of guys on here. See ya on mff.
good luck to MR. its comes down to a real blood batch for some i guess. look forward to seeing you again next year. we fish on opposites sides of the lake ;)

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8094 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Thanks Coach i was thinking you might fix my post I can alwayscount on you

Offline Hookinup

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release ... into the grease!
« Reply #8095 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:25 PM »
I posted my opinion about posting pics of big numbers and crazy bites on this site two seasons ago...and got blasted. Some said that the big numbers and success stories gave them the "motivation to become better fishermen". Really all they had to do was go to the spot where the bite was hot. Even a mediocre fisherman becomes great when the bite is so hot in a spot that you can literally catch them on a cigarette butt. I was very guilty of pictures and bragging...but I took it back a notch. No need to turn "my spots" into frenzy land. I share them with a few friends who know the repercussions of spreading the word. I practice this on the soft water too...
Guys...the internet has, and will continue to change EVERYTHING. Everyone is in for the easy bite. Heck...I'm tempted to head over to Short Point myself...and I don't even chase "flats". It's gonna get worse before it gets better.
Always remember .... they have a brain the size of a pea! How hard can it be? ???

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8096 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:41 PM »
in the land of the internet and stupid posts on fish catching. i myself will be on the ice as far away tomorrow from all people period :P
HT good luck and enjoy the day my season is done maybe one more trip to the north country but done around here.

Offline Hunter113

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8097 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:43 PM »
Well quite a day to join the site lol just throwing it out thier im a law abiding and considerate sportsman everyone  ;D.... Fillet and Release it was nice to meet you on the ice yesterday and thanks alot for the advice it was much needed.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8098 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:52 PM »
HT good luck and enjoy the day my season is done maybe one more trip to the north country but done around here.
;)

Offline Shouldabeenhereyesterday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8099 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:52 PM »
I hate to add fuel to the fire but I live 2 1/2 hrs away and guys have been coming to fish that bite because of post some of you guys put on here!  You can only post limit days of gills and high teen number of craps day in and day out from the south shore so long before guys catch on.  I won't name names but 2 guys in particular have posted numerous pics of limits for weeks now....what did you think would happen?  Those pictures are now on every fishermans cell phone with in a 3 hr radius.  Sorry sometimes the truth sucks...but just had to say something!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.