New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827175 times)

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #8040 on: Mar 28, 2014, 11:20 AM »
I got checked this year but he was friendly and I offered my license, never asked for anything else. of course he may have been in shock from finding a woman crazy enough to be out on a day like that. Whatever it was I didn't have anything to hide so had no problem.

Offline YaNkEmOuT88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8041 on: Mar 28, 2014, 11:27 AM »
There has to be some DEC officers who have an account on here that can see what's going on out there right?

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #8042 on: Mar 28, 2014, 11:33 AM »
There has to be some DEC officers who have an account on here that can see what's going on out there right?

Oh don't worry....the NSA is keeping tabs and taking notes!!!!!!!

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8043 on: Mar 28, 2014, 11:43 AM »
Oh don't worry....the NSA is keeping tabs and taking notes!!!!!!!

;)2 :woot:
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline jigginoff

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Have a crappie day!!
« Reply #8044 on: Mar 28, 2014, 11:52 AM »
The simple fact is, these pirates will continue to rape whatever waters they fish until some laws change to make it illegal to sell the fish. Im sure many of these people have been caught for over the limit offenses before, but the penalties are not stiff enough to deter them. Also if these turds would get jobs and contribute to society like us honest sportsmen they wouldn't need to sell their fish to afford to be able to fish in the first place!! Just my 2 cents.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8045 on: Mar 28, 2014, 11:56 AM »
Well said jigginoff!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #8046 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:01 PM »
The simple fact is, these pirates will continue to rape whatever waters they fish until some laws change to make it illegal to sell the fish. Im sure many of these people have been caught for over the limit offenses before, but the penalties are not stiff enough to deter them. Also if these turds would get jobs and contribute to society like us honest sportsmen they wouldn't need to sell their fish to afford to be able to fish in the first place!! Just my 2 cents.

Get a real job! They would lose their full benefits package from santa clause!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8047 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:08 PM »
ICE SHANTY MILITIA, IS NOW ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS MILITIA.....RACER HOW BOUT SOME SHIRTS AND DECALS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

I can make that happen....

Offline YaNkEmOuT88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8048 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:13 PM »
NSA = National Shanty Artillery  ;D

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8049 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Amen brother Bart from a fellow retired person we put I our time

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8050 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:28 PM »

So how is it that I've been checked by Dec 5 times this yr and got written up for no bait receipt, but they don't go to where the real pirates are, they tear my shanty apart every time looking for more walleye.

Probably because they are being told to check for the precious walleyes?
I know someone who called the DEC(not who you think) after watching a group of 4 drag 4 buckets of gills/sunfish off the ice to a pick-up/drop off vehicle then continue to fish. This was going on almost daily for weeks. When said person called the DEC the officer asked if he knew where they were taking them. The caller said "I dint know, why dont you do your job"... end of conversation
Im the last person whos going to throw a stone but these guys double dipping on fish limits while on "disability" or unemployment is a joke...

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8051 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:40 PM »
There use to be commercial fishing on the lake for goodness sake .... Some of the ones on here crying about pirates is comical .... I mean really ..... ::)
You need to know what you're talking about before you make comments like that...I mean really  ::) ::)

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8052 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:47 PM »
Some of those fish "pirates" have jobs...but they can make more money  catching and selling panfish on a hot bite.
I wish they would target the white perch ;D
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8053 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:55 PM »
Some of those fish "pirates" have jobs...but they can make more money  catching and selling panfish on a hot bite.
I wish they would target the white perch ;D
like I said earlier it sound like people on the sit know who the pirates are it's time to take care of business if the DEC will not police the lake it's time for the sportsman to . Take licence plate number snap pictures of violators them the authorities have no choice but to act. It all starts with a compliant form nothing ever came by sitting back a complaining about law breakers.

Offline CNY Lee

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish Long and Fish Hard
« Reply #8054 on: Mar 28, 2014, 01:14 PM »

So how is it that I've been checked by Dec 5 times this yr and got written up for no bait receipt, but they don't go to where the real pirates are, they tear my shanty apart every time looking for more walleye.

They are failing us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm doing my part............

Offline perch-hound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8055 on: Mar 28, 2014, 01:37 PM »
I was out yesterday(on a different lake),  and these three guys were dragging buckets off to shore, and an hour
later the same three came back out with different coats on to the same holes. Yeah, like you fooled me!
A friend of mine came walking out and I purposely mentioned it to him REALLY loud, they heard me as they were not far away.
Guess what, they expeditiously left the ice!
By the way, the bite sucked til around 5:00pm, like someone else had mentioned a page or so ago.
Salvaged the day in the last two hours, not the big fish of a week ago, but decent fish.
Nice pics and fish guys!

Yesterday...

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8056 on: Mar 28, 2014, 01:40 PM »

Shane......This is what yanks the short hairs for me !    The ECO's (and I appreciate what they do with the lacking amount of manpower they have) will travel all over the lake, use 50 gallons of gas doing so and maybe write 3 tickets while they could put one undercover ECO on Long Point, or Big Bay when it's crowded and write tickets like a meter maid in New York City ! 
  The ECO's know the names, addresses and plate numbers of the worst poachers/pirates. Because they're just panfish that are unprotected (except for crappies) unlike the almighty walleye that the state spends a ton of money raising, they don't put forth a real effort to nab those dirt bags.   IF they stumble onto something, they do what they do. 
  DEC was called numerous times over the past few weeks.   Only once did I see or hear of an ECO show up on the ice at Short Point.  No tickets were issued  ::)

Probably because they are being told to check for the precious walleyes?
I know someone who called the DEC(not who you think) after watching a group of 4 drag 4 buckets of gills/sunfish off the ice to a pick-up/drop off vehicle then continue to fish. This was going on almost daily for weeks. When said person called the DEC the officer asked if he knew where they were taking them. The caller said "I dint know, why dont you do your job"... end of conversation
Im the last person whos going to throw a stone but these guys double dipping on fish limits while on "disability" or unemployment is a joke...
I ran into 2 ECO's in the parking lot of that spot when I went to meet "Said Person" .   I told them what was going on, gave them a few names of people I knew who were double and triple dipping.  What did they do ?   They were questioning me as to why and how I knew those people, what I was doing out there, who I was, where I lived etc  ::) ::)   I asked for the ECO's cards and only one would give it to me.  ::) ::)    It was the first and only time an ECO refused to give me their contact info.  ::)

The simple fact is, these pirates will continue to rape whatever waters they fish until some laws change to make it illegal to sell the fish.   That will NEVER change those people who poach and sell their fish.   In 1992 when crappies were given a size limit and number limit, it made them a non salable game fish.  It didn't stop the pirates from catching over their limits and selling them.  It just changed the way they did things.   Instead of selling to legitimate fish companies who buy legal fish, they took their fish into the cities, Chinese restaurants and other places where the fish were desirable but the buyers would be tight lipped.  Due to those changes in the way they sold fish, the DEC had an even harder time trying to catch them as they didn't have the manpower to scope out every street corner in the city or have surveillance units at the restaurants.  It's still going on today but you never see or hear of anyone getting busted for it.
   Im sure many of these people have been caught for over the limit offenses before, but the penalties are not stiff enough to deter them.  This is the truth !  They either get a $50.00 fine and a warning or the charges get dismissed because the ECO doesn't show up on the court date(s)  Taking a fishing license away from those dirt bags does not deter them from fishing either.  That's been proven many times !
   Also if these turds would get jobs and contribute to society like us honest sportsmen they wouldn't need to sell their fish to afford to be able to fish in the first place!!    The bad part is that many of the pirates aren't unemployed by choice, living off the system types .   Some are retirees that have incomes of $3,000 per month or more.  Some own very good businesses with great incomes and some are people working their regular, good paying jobs.   I have no problems with any of them catching and selling their daily limit of fish but when these guys sit there on a school of fish like they didn't have 2 nickels to rub together and take more than they're allowed by our laws, that's down right greed....or, they just have a screw loose like a kleptomaniac !Just my 2 cents.

Get a real job! They would lose their full benefits package from santa clause!
Believe me !  The ones who're living off the taxpayers money with no regards or regrets should be the main target of the law !    There are many guys out there who're truly down and out who feed their families with the fish they catch or turn their catches into cash to buy food and essentials for their families.   It's usually not those guys who are the pirates !   
   Something has to happen soon as it's becoming an epidemic !    ::)

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #8057 on: Mar 28, 2014, 02:20 PM »
Not that I oppose the idea of selling fish, but IF the goal was stop the selling; do it by making it an offense to purchase fish.  Way easier to control.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8058 on: Mar 28, 2014, 02:33 PM »
I myself have no problem with people doing whatever they want with their daily limit. Hearing these stories about these Short Point Pirates is really pissing me off. It is just a joke. Abide by the damn laws. And what upsets me even more than that is that the DEC is doing nothing about it! It is just ridiculous that they would refuse you their card C-E-J! Real professional of them..I think you hit it right on. The state is spending all this money on their prized walleye and that is all they are focusing on. I'm not saying that it's bad they are spending time doing that but there are other species that people are raping the lake of. It wouldn't hurt for them to put a little more effort into this...especially with all of the calls and complaining going on.

On Sunday I drove down to Short Point actually. It was my first time scoping it out. I did not see public access so I did not bother trying to get out. I did not park on the side of the road. I did not trespass. I simply drove on and found another bay to fish with access. It really wasn't hard people. Quite simple really. Did I miss out on a great bite? Sure sounds like it. But did I break any laws? No. I still enjoyed my day fishing even though I didn't have many to bring home. I did see a DEC officer drive by as I was turning around to leave. I was watching him in my rear view. He didn't do anything. He didn't stop and watch anybody. Did not go out and check anybody. Just did a quick loop and took off. I mean really ???

Don't quite understand if it makes these guys feel good about themselves when they are double dipping each day and selling them? The only thing worse than that are the ones who double dip AND play the system. Not only do they rape the environment that I love and respect so much but I have to PAY for their living expenses and think about it all day when I'm at WORK. Put your big boy pants on and stop breaking the law and FIND A JOB.

-Good Day
Chief

It'll eat.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #8059 on: Mar 28, 2014, 02:45 PM »
Believe me !  The ones who're living off the taxpayers money with no regards or regrets should be the main target of the law !    There are many guys out there who're truly down and out who feed their families with the fish they catch or turn their catches into cash to buy food and essentials for their families.   It's usually not those guys who are the pirates !   
   Something has to happen soon as it's becoming an epidemic !    ::)

Not sure if I understand what you are saying? It is OK for some to take multiple limits of fish to sell, unless it becomes an epidemic?

My comment was reserved to those "turds"... I'm all for public assistance as a temporary measure to help people back on their feet. Today it is horribly abused and amplified by santa claus' policies and mismanagement or lack of. The number of people on disability has shot up 13%, and food stamp enrollments have skyrocketed 39%. Individuals forgo job searches in order to hang  onto taxpayer-funded welfare benefits! There's an epidemic!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8060 on: Mar 28, 2014, 03:05 PM »
It was reported a few months ago that NY has more people on welfare than people working . If Albany is not careful they are going to loose the people that are funding all the special interest items.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #8061 on: Mar 28, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Shane i was in the black frabil along side ya i ended up with46 what a day

Watched you pull up, fish in the open, then seen the shanty get set.. I said to myself he must of found them.. I was touch shallower ..... had some gaps in the fish and need more practice on finessing perch, I missed a lot of bites.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8062 on: Mar 28, 2014, 03:16 PM »

Oneida southshore counties under a flood watch.

FLOOD WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF NEW YORK AND NORTHEAST

PENNSYLVANIA...INCLUDI NG THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...IN NEW

YORK...BROOME...CHENAN GO...CORTLAND...DELAWA RE...MADISON...

OTSEGO...SOUTHERN ONEIDA...SULLIVAN AND TIOGA. IN NORTHEAST

PENNSYLVANIA...BRADFOR D...LACKAWANNA...LUZER NE...NORTHERN

WAYNE...PIKE...SOUTHER N WAYNE...SUSQUEHANNA AND WYOMING.

* FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING

* A STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE THROUGH THE MID-ATLANTIC STATES

SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. THIS SYSTEM WILL SPREAD RAINFALL

INTO NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON. MODERATE TO

HEAVY RAIN IS EXPECTED TO FALL SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY,

MAINLY ALONG AND EAST OF INTERSTATE 88.

* STORM TOTAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 3 INCHES ARE EXPECTED

THROUGH THIS TIME IN THE POCONOS AND WESTERN CATSKILLS, WITH

AMOUNTS AROUND 2 INCHES TO THE NORTH AND WEST INTO THE

SUSQUEHANNA REGION. THIS RAINFALL MAY PRODUCE SIGNIFICANT RISES

AND POSSIBLE FLOODING OF SMALL STREAMS, CREEKS AND MAINSTEM

RIVERS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING ON SMALL

STREAMS...CREEKS...POO R DRAINAGE...URBAN AND LOW-LYING AREAS

BASED ON CURRENT FORECASTS. YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS

AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING...WORKING

OR DRIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE PREPARED TO TAKE

ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP.

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8063 on: Mar 28, 2014, 03:22 PM »
Sahne talked to Articicejigger before I went into the jungle he said he talked with you for q few then thru in the towel and came home wait till I tell him he went in to early. Nice to see you went to the smaller stuff and got into them, nice pics as well. STORMY IS BACK IN THE HOUSE, now were cooking with peanut oil lol

Offline perch-hound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8064 on: Mar 28, 2014, 03:24 PM »
Not sure if I understand what you are saying? It is OK for some to take multiple limits of fish to sell, unless it becomes an epidemic?

My comment was reserved to those "turds"... I'm all for public assistance as a temporary measure to help people back on their feet. Today it is horribly abused and amplified by santa claus' policies and mismanagement or lack of. The number of people on disability has shot up 13%, and food stamp enrollments have skyrocketed 39%. Individuals forgo job searches in order to hang  onto taxpayer-funded welfare benefits! There's an epidemic!
Yep, just keep handing it out like candy, really, we got unlimited stash$$$! A little goes a long ways(like Bart says), but it's getting rediculous!
Dog gone Libs!
Ok, here we go... ;D ;D :whistle: :whistle:

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8065 on: Mar 28, 2014, 03:26 PM »
Im  setting  up  a hot dog  stand  on   the    previously mentioned  spot  so  bring  your  appetite  tomorrow .  Dollar  dogs   and  sodas  might  have  some  adult beverages    if  you  have  I.d. ;D

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8066 on: Mar 28, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Sahne talked to Articicejigger before I went into the jungle he said he talked with you for q few then thru in the towel and came home wait till I tell him he went in to early. Nice to see you went to the smaller stuff and got into them, nice pics as well. STORMY IS BACK IN THE HOUSE, now were cooking with peanut oil lol

no it didn't get better after he left, had too work em....

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8067 on: Mar 28, 2014, 03:34 PM »

Heres an interesting factoid for Oldtimer, todays the first day this season you could use yesterdays holes for fishing without them freezing over, had too wait to march 28th for it too happen, man we got cheated this yr.

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8068 on: Mar 28, 2014, 04:11 PM »

It NOT OK for anyone to take multiple limits.  What I stated was that the people who're truly on hard times and need the help of state/federal funds to survive are NOT usually the ones who're raping the lakes.
  It's the ones who've been scamming the system their whole life who're the worst offenders.

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8069 on: Mar 28, 2014, 04:14 PM »

Heres an interesting factoid for Oldtimer, todays the first day this season you could use yesterdays holes for fishing without them freezing over, had too wait to march 28th for it too happen, man we got cheated this yr.

Snagger, thanks for that information. I have never kept track of that as we usually have thaws thru the winter where the night time temps remain above freezing..   Been a tough winter on you guys..  Think how long it would have been had there been no ice fishing...??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.