New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827174 times)

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #7980 on: Mar 27, 2014, 08:29 PM »

Well, I can say I saw something today that I never thought I would see.... Fillet fishing for flats out of a shanty  :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D And did 38 gills and 6 crappies  ;)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7981 on: Mar 27, 2014, 08:35 PM »

Well, I can say I saw something today that I never thought I would see.... Fillet fishing for flats out of a shanty  :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D And did 38 gills and 6 crappies  ;)

ready for round 2 tomorrow DD ? nice seeing everyone today , almost like a family Reunion and putting faces with some names on here and nice meeting gillie today also , and we will be having a new member here soon 

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7982 on: Mar 27, 2014, 08:40 PM »
Got out tonight and got some nice gills and Cali's. I also got to witness a special event.... Release met his long lost cousin!!  :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Priceless!!

And what a cluster out there today  ::)

Time to break out my gas auger
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7983 on: Mar 27, 2014, 08:45 PM »
Got out tonight and got some nice gills and Cali's. I also got to witness a special event.... Release met his long lost cousin!!  :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Priceless!!

And what a cluster out there today  ::)

Time to break out my gas auger
Bob I almost wet myself your bud is truly special , I'll bring out some paint and right his name next to the only hole he has drilled over there this year , sounds like eminent domain  :woot:

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7984 on: Mar 27, 2014, 08:51 PM »
I'm just glad he didn't fire his pistol in the air....I've seen it before!! Lmao!! He's a crazy ol boy

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7985 on: Mar 27, 2014, 08:52 PM »
I'm just glad he didn't fire his pistol in the air....I've seen it before!! Lmao!! He's a crazy ol boy

best laugh I have had all year , waiting to see some good perch pokes , before changing over

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #7986 on: Mar 27, 2014, 08:58 PM »

Can't believe I missed that whole deal LOL, No doubt ready for round 2 Fred, be out by lunch time  ;D

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #7987 on: Mar 27, 2014, 09:04 PM »
  hit Oneida twice this week for a few hours ....was averaging about 8 jumbos a trip, finally got a full day in today, downsized from my normal raps too spoons and jigs, grabbed 32 Jumbos by 2pm, then ran out of gas from no sleep, missed 40 hits ....should of grabbed a limit, hopefully Saturday.

ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7988 on: Mar 27, 2014, 09:09 PM »
Cool pics Shane!! Nice job on the JUUUUUUUUMBOOOOS

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7989 on: Mar 27, 2014, 09:19 PM »

great pics snag

Offline 3258brian

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7990 on: Mar 27, 2014, 09:45 PM »
Great pics. Nice bunch of fish.

Offline jennsater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7991 on: Mar 27, 2014, 10:32 PM »
Shane i was in the black frabil along side ya i ended up with46 what a day

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #7992 on: Mar 28, 2014, 03:50 AM »
Great fish everyone!!! :thumbsup:

Release has several cousins...B.A.B. ...Bad Azz Brigade! :woot: :woot: :roflmao:
Wayne W.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #7993 on: Mar 28, 2014, 04:15 AM »
nice jumbos shane. boy that crack looks nasty now ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7994 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:00 AM »
Great day yesterday .... ended up with 16 good ones after a 5 o'clock flurry. Stuck with the honey hole one to many times .

Someone thinks this is karma for busting his auger on the way out over the crack ....  ::)  ;D

Racer and Pooch great fishing with you two again ....
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #7995 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:03 AM »
how are all these guys accessing short point bay.....it is all private property around it and Aero marina doesn't let people use is access unless you keep a boat there.....I'm guessing they are coming in by machine out of williams or oneida shores ???....drove by last evening and it looked like 30 guys were out

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #7996 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:06 AM »
Fished with Snag and Stormy yesterday, didn't do as well as they did. Made a video of the Milwaukee drill in action, 22 inches of ice. Still loving it. Fast and quiet.

Great pics guys!!!!!

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7997 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:16 AM »
Pooch- cool video. What size auger is on your drill? Did you try it with an 8". I have a 7" on my Electra and want to try that on a drill.

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7998 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:37 AM »
Pooch- cool video. What size auger is on your drill? Did you try it with an 8". I have a 7" on my Electra and want to try that on a drill.

I have the same one and the battery size is a huge difference in power ... I use a 6" lazer and no way does mine go through the ice like that ... I have the smaller battery ...

The Ice Master adapter is sweet ..so easy to use and when you done drilling just take the auger off and put the gun in the shanty ... a lot more convenient then the clam unit .

http://www.icemasteradapter.com/

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7999 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:07 AM »
how are all these guys accessing short point bay.....it is all private property around it and Aero marina doesn't let people use is access unless you keep a boat there.....I'm guessing they are coming in by machine out of williams or oneida shores ???....drove by last evening and it looked like 30 guys were out
not sure how they are accessing. Most guys are on foot. There were easily 50 guys out there yesterday when I got there.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8000 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:07 AM »
Pouring out at my house. Gonna get sloppy

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #8001 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:20 AM »
Nice fish everybody!

Snagger, great pics again! If you don't mind me asking. what camera are you using?

Pooch, great demonstration/educational video!

I did stray away from Oneida Lake the last half of the season, working on my bucket list. I did manage first Laker, Pike and Tiger through the ice. Highlight of my season is still my 5 year quest for my first keeper Walleye though! ;D

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8002 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:34 AM »
Super job on the perch Snag , stormy and crew ! I did a suicide run up there yesterday,left at 8am, got there about 11, started fishing a close spot about noon...no marks...made another 2 moves until I found steady marks, but had a tough time getting them to bite.At least the few biters were good size. Faded while driving home on 81 and pulled over to sleep....getting old is no fun :-\

A small 1 1/2 inch pressure crack  going out at 11 am turned into 2 1/2 foot high heave coming in at 6pm.with wet pools along it. So be careful with changing conditions.( 250 yards or so off of spruce grove)
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8003 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:48 AM »

private, Williams, and O Shores... Was nice when a busy day was a half dozen guys there  :'(

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #8004 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:58 AM »
private, Williams, and O Shores... Was nice when a busy day was a half dozen guys there  :'(
i can see maybe a few guys having permission but 50.......my guess is there are some pretty pi$$ed off camp/house owners on beach rd.and long point rd. right now.....have seen it too many times.....guys think they can just park and walk between the houses......maybe I'm way off base here but I don't think so

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #8005 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:04 AM »
there are 2 new cracks on the west end. 1 comes off frugal point just east of onieda shores, and heads twards big bay. the other one starts at walnut point, and heads almost dierct north to the north shore. anyone acsessing the lake from the west end " BEWARE "!!! both of these cracks are nasty !! yesterday I had to go to shore to get around them.

yesterday I wasn't getting any fish. so I walked around yakin with everyone, and picking up trash along the way. it was begining to look like big bay. PICK UP YOUR TRASH !!! :%$#!:.   Sully...

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #8006 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:07 AM »
i can see maybe a few guys having permission but 50.......my guess is there are some pretty pi$$ed off camp/house owners on beach rd.and long point rd. right now.....have seen it too many times.....guys think they can just park and walk between the houses......maybe I'm way off base here but I don't think so
it's just going to make it harder, and harder to acsess some great fishing !!!   Sully...

Offline walleye1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8007 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:16 AM »

From what I hear you're pretty much dead on. Alot of people have absolutely no respect. I can't even imagine having the audacity to act that way. A perfect example of a few giving the many a bad name.  >:( 

Offline Carcajou17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Fishin' Gal
« Reply #8008 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:38 AM »
Snagger, you sure do post some beautiful pics on here.   :thumbsup:
Carcajou = Wolverine
Blessed and thanking God I can do this ice fishing thing...

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8009 on: Mar 28, 2014, 07:41 AM »
That's an understatement ! >:(    Early in the season, there were only 4 or 5 people who fished the bay and had legitimate access via permission of property owners.
  Since the fish moved into the bay, I've seen people walking from Polar Beach and Beach Rd, Shellmans Dr area, and walking through private property all over the bay.    When you ask these guys how they got on, they always say...."A guy told me it was OK to park on the road and walk through here" as they point to a house or lot.  Several have come in on sleds and ATV's which is not an issue !
  It won't last long before every road around the lake has NO PARKING signs posted every 50 feet  >:(
   Another spot on the lake got overrun with fishermen after one of the local pirates scoped out a very good and ethical fisherman out on the ice.   Other than this one fisherman, nobody was fishing this spot.  2 days after the local pirate found out, the place was mobbed with more like him.   Day by day, the crowd grew.  DEC was called several times after watching these guys drag buckets of fish to waiting vehicles in the parking lot and then go back out to catch more fish  ::) ::)
  These guys were raping the lake, smoking weed (with their 10 year old son sitting right there) ::), making a mess everywhere they fished and the worst thing, they told their fish buyer where they were fishing and in turn, the buyer told everyone who sells him fish were the fish were being caught.  It took a matter of days to wipe that spot out.   Those guys sat there until you couldn't find a fish anywhere in the area. ::)
  So, in my opinion (and I have no issues with people selling their daily limit of fish), it's the fish buyers who create most of the problems by telling their people where the fish are hitting the best.  Seen it happen many times over the years but it's worse now !
  It's too bad that the DEC can't deputize other ethical fishermen so they can issue tickets etc.   I could have written dozens this past week on Short Point  ::)   
  Full 7 gallon buckets of sunfish and gills when the limit is 50 fish  ::) ::) ::)   Then, hearing the guys say they're going home for lunch and coming back for the late run. ::)
  It's time for some Louisville Slugger justice out there and then leave the goons to the seagulls like they do to the pickerel that they catch ! ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.