New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827198 times)

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #7320 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:25 PM »
afraid there's gonna be nasty flooding when all this crap melts......thinkin it might be 1993 ish type flooding.....remember it well......shut down the lake for the eye opener that year

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7321 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:27 PM »
Well I just made it out to camp by lewis point 9-10" of very dense snow.
Its not blowing around much its dense and packed.  Not to mention wet.
The rest of the snow will be light and blow around.  Not this stuff on the ground.
If venturing out prepare for 9-12" of heavy wet crap

Offline perchtrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7322 on: Mar 12, 2014, 05:29 PM »
I had a set of those on one of my trucks they are a great tire. They got along well in the mud too.
Have a set of 33x12.50 that are waiting for the weather to break, learned long ago not to run the wide stuff in the snow and slop they make for some white knuckle rides.

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7323 on: Mar 12, 2014, 06:28 PM »
afraid there's gonna be nasty flooding when all this crap melts......thinkin it might be 1993 ish type flooding.....remember it well......shut down the lake for the eye opener that year

Well, you will have all the time in the world to keep us posted...Johnny Retirement ;D

AW

Offline crappiekiller315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • THATS HOW I ROLL SUCKA'S
« Reply #7324 on: Mar 12, 2014, 06:32 PM »
Nope, all plastics.  Mostly 1 1/2 crappie sliders, but I also use swirl tail minnows, micro tubes Fin-s minnows.
gotcha maybe I might see ya out there  ;)
why is it everytime i start catchin fish a GREMLIN pop's up in my hole

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7325 on: Mar 12, 2014, 06:37 PM »
  how long are you going to park on the north shore eye bite , and you didn't think I knew  :woot:

Dark Cloud Manufacturing and I are on an elite level :afro:
He is a Gangsta that puts out some awesome stuff for being in the Hood outside Binghamgnasty :roflmao:
Jay and I made a pact about 3 or 4 years ago to STOP buying every fancy lure or gadget that hit the market and go through our jig Box's and throw away or donate (Drownin Dots) ;D My experience since has been truly more productive and I am happy to say my addiction to new JUNK has been kicked :P
Only problem now now is that I am buying more TB Rods and TUCR Rods...can't win for quitting :whistle:

AW

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #7326 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:06 PM »
from the looks of my driveway, the lakes prob. has some monster drifts on it. it's going to be tough going for a few days. won't be able to see the cracks, gas holes, or the foot of slush under all that snow. I think by saturday it'll be all slush.   Sully...

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7327 on: Mar 12, 2014, 07:27 PM »

Fished noon til 6pm, it was nasty riding out but once setup it was fine. the wind never howled. Plenty of fish marked and iced one keeper eye. Stepped out to take a leak around 6 and could see shore, I packed up and zipped home.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #7328 on: Mar 12, 2014, 08:11 PM »
He is a Gangsta that puts out some awesome stuff for being in the Hood outside Binghamgnasty :roflmao:
Jay and I made a pact about 3 or 4 years ago to STOP buying every fancy lure or gadget that hit the market and go through our jig Box's and throw away or donate (Drownin Dots) ;D My experience since has been truly more productive and I am happy to say my addiction to new JUNK has been kicked :P
Only problem now now is that I am buying more TB Rods and TUCR Rods...can't win for quitting :whistle:

AW
Ain't caught poop on any of them  :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #7329 on: Mar 12, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Well, you will have all the time in the world to keep us posted...Johnny Retirement ;D

AW
yea baby....now yer talkin

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7330 on: Mar 12, 2014, 10:10 PM »

AW

I did good for a few years, didn't buy a jig(still painted and tied plenty). This year I violated our deal - I bought a bunch of the new VMC stuff. Next year I say we put 6 jigs in a very small box in our bibs and that's all we are allowed to use. I know id catch just as many fish. Secret hot jigs don't help most people like DD  ;D ;D ;D Hahahahahahahha... yes, im half delirious from tying jigs tonight - got a jig im working on that no fish have ever seen(except the ones in my bucket last weekend)...

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7331 on: Mar 12, 2014, 11:02 PM »

AW
I believe that you still don't have any of the Dot Dot Dot Jigs  :whistle: :woot: ;D

I did good for a few years, didn't buy a jig(still painted and tied plenty). This year I violated our deal - I bought a bunch of the new VMC stuff. Next year I say we put 6 jigs in a very small box in our bibs and that's all we are allowed to use. I know id catch just as many fish. Secret hot jigs don't help most people like DD  ;D ;D ;D Hahahahahahahha... yes, im half delirious from tying jigs tonight - got a jig im working on that no fish have ever seen(except the ones in my bucket last weekend)...
I streamlined my jig bag this season !   Got the weight down from 9.2 lbs to 3.3 lbs !    Monday, I took one jig box and one plastic box that would fit in my pockets.    Walking out on the lake, it felt like I left my auger and cell phone at home  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D   I managed though.   Caught just as many fish and only used 1 jig all day and you know what that one was ! ;)

Offline bigbay crappie buster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7332 on: Mar 13, 2014, 03:17 AM »
Does anyone know that guy who thinks he owns there entire lake??????????????Well if you do and you see him please tell him to
 take a walk out to that fishing hole so I can follow his tracks so I can fish ..........
fill your buckets with quality not quantity and enjoy the conversations over heard of how good a fisherman you are................... ....

Offline joey40

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7333 on: Mar 13, 2014, 04:27 AM »
Is godfree safe fishing?

Offline XxFISHN4EYEZxX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7334 on: Mar 13, 2014, 05:23 AM »
Is godfree safe fishing?

Spud your way across that pressure crack to be safe  straight out from access and to the left was open water at one time a week ago. Be safe not stupid especially with all this snow looks can be deceiveing

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7335 on: Mar 13, 2014, 05:54 AM »
Keep in mind the small creek that flows in to the left of the
Godfrey launch. That will be flowing good with the warm up and rain we got.

Got 10"-12" of snow here. I was watching the news and Binghamton got 1" and Madison got 3"??? The freeze line was not very far south.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #7336 on: Mar 13, 2014, 06:36 AM »
Hey, I gotta have time to fish in order to catch fish :( The only ones I use from Dougie Doughnuts are the Calf Tails in the spring anyway  ::) ::) ;D

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7337 on: Mar 13, 2014, 06:54 AM »

Got 10"-12" of snow here. I was watching the news and Binghamton got 1" and Madison got 3"??? The freeze line was not very far south.

We got lucky in Bing. Steady rain all day, some ice when it changed over about 5pm, then maybe an inch...

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7338 on: Mar 13, 2014, 07:04 AM »
We got about a foot in Chittenango a couple miles south of the lake, pretty heavy stuff too. Might be a slush fest tommorow afternoon. I was gonna give the eyes one last try tomorrow but now I'm not sure. Maybe I'll take a walk out tonight and see what it looks like.

Offline mdupper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing is the sport of Choice !
« Reply #7339 on: Mar 13, 2014, 07:11 AM »
10 to 12 inches of new snow here on the northwest end of the lake wish t wasnt so windy hoping to get a couple more days on the walleyes before it closes  :(   ... Keep your lines tight
:) Keep Your Lines Tight :)

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #7340 on: Mar 13, 2014, 09:26 AM »
I'm done for the eye season, its been a great year........maybe get out a few for some perch but not sure. It was a pleasure fishing with the GREATS and a pleasure meeting new friends. Always a blast being on this thread!!!!!!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #7341 on: Mar 13, 2014, 10:33 AM »

Took a try at my first underwater shot last time out, heres what those lookers look like.

http://s647.photobucket.com/user/snagger69/media/underwater_zps4b15f7f2.mp4.html
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7342 on: Mar 13, 2014, 10:41 AM »
  Took a try at my first underwater shot last time out, heres what those lookers look like.

That's awesome. Got me frustrated just watching it from here. But at least I didn't start swearing at the fish like I do when I'm out there myself.

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7343 on: Mar 13, 2014, 11:01 AM »
snag how deep is that camera under the ice? that pic is great ! was it really sunny out that day? what company is that camera from? marcum?

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7344 on: Mar 13, 2014, 11:06 AM »
very cool Shane, can't wait to see some shots when they are smashing it. 

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7345 on: Mar 13, 2014, 11:07 AM »
very cool Shane, can't wait to see some shots when they are smashing it.

That's what I was waiting for too. Cool video.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7346 on: Mar 13, 2014, 11:07 AM »
snag how deep is that camera under the ice? that pic is great ! was it really sunny out that day? what company is that camera from? marcum?

sunny as hell, 25 fow.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7347 on: Mar 13, 2014, 11:13 AM »
Niiiice  :)
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7348 on: Mar 13, 2014, 11:14 AM »

I'd be cautious about buying a camera, just think about it first, I bought a big brick aqua view 7 yrs ago, never used it much, 250 bucks or something I threw out the window.., this one is compact, fits in my pocket... don't know if its rugged enough to handle my adventures, but I took the tourney money and used it towards fishing, if it don't work out, I'm out nothing...  By setting this up your numbers for that day will go down as you don't move as much, but the stuff you learn is very valuable, how perch and eyes react to different things, that's if you don't set up in a dead hole.. I like seeing the bottom, muscles, sand, mud ect.., surprised how fast perch move along, I always thought they just sat down there.

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7349 on: Mar 13, 2014, 11:33 AM »
 That camera has great picture compared to the old ones. I still have the old Scout, it's like carrying a car battery!. Don't use it much anymore but as you said, it's a great learning tool.
Jim K.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.