New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827169 times)

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #4950 on: Feb 10, 2014, 10:29 AM »
My Ion just showed up, can't wait to try it.  Looks like Thursday will be my 1st chance to get out.  No more hand or gas auger for me, I hope anyways.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4951 on: Feb 10, 2014, 10:37 AM »
She was happy to have gotten acouple slob perch, but everytime up she was like I wanted a walleye, lol. She got broke into the club of not putting your pole to close to the heater, you guessed it blub blub blub jig down the hole and her looking at me like what happened, lmao it was apricless look but told her weve all done that. Met anice guy named Stanley when I went to his shanty with some chilly dogs we made. Glad you enjoyed them and I helped him download the navionics map on his phone that he didn't know he could. All in all agreat day. When we left the ice yesterday nobody on the ride in or in the parking lot

How accurate would you say the navionics phone app is on Oneida? I just got a flasher so I haven't been able to accurately mark depth up till this point, but I've been on Oneida with the app all season. Just curious if it's spot on or only puts you in the area.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #4952 on: Feb 10, 2014, 10:43 AM »

I've had low blood sugar since I quit drinking , I carry protien bars in my pocket.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline kawz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4953 on: Feb 10, 2014, 10:51 AM »
Thanks DeadEyez, Gozzos and Scout57 for your replies about the mudpuppy.  Tight lines all.

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4954 on: Feb 10, 2014, 11:03 AM »
How accurate would you say the navionics phone app is on Oneida? I just got a flasher so I haven't been able to accurately mark depth up till this point, but I've been on Oneida with the app all season. Just curious if it's spot on or only puts you in the area.

From what I have found it's usually within a foot.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline IceSeeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4955 on: Feb 10, 2014, 11:47 AM »
missfishy thanks for the info I appreciate it  :)

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4956 on: Feb 10, 2014, 11:49 AM »
Thanks Otis   :)

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
« Reply #4957 on: Feb 10, 2014, 12:13 PM »
missfishy thanks for the info I appreciate it  :)
yep good luck

Offline perchtrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4958 on: Feb 10, 2014, 12:42 PM »
My Ion just showed up, can't wait to try it.  Looks like Thursday will be my 1st chance to get out.  No more hand or gas auger for me, I hope anyways.

Been using a Ion since last season, They sure are nice a couple suggestion would be when it is under like 20 keep the battery in the truck on the way from home and during the day when not in use bring it in the shanty makes a difference. Also had a little trouble this season with water getting in the power head and in the safety switch/trigger area creating problems. Keeping it on the wheeler racks when moving and not laying it down in the snow/slush/water takes care of that issue as well. Good luck with it, its nice using a power auger with no more noise than a hand drill and no gas. 

Offline perchtrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4959 on: Feb 10, 2014, 12:50 PM »
Never been more than a couple feet (+ or -) off on depth on any body of water I've been on, depends on water levels

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4960 on: Feb 10, 2014, 12:54 PM »
Been using a Ion since last season, They sure are nice a couple suggestion would be when it is under like 20 keep the battery in the truck on the way from home and during the day when not in use bring it in the shanty makes a difference. Also had a little trouble this season with water getting in the power head and in the safety switch/trigger area creating problems. Keeping it on the wheeler racks when moving and not laying it down in the snow/slush/water takes care of that issue as well. Good luck with it, its nice using a power auger with no more noise than a hand drill and no gas.

Thanks for the advice,  I'll keep it warm and dry and hopefully well used.

Offline perchtrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4961 on: Feb 10, 2014, 01:01 PM »
^^^Keep an eye on the set screw that holds the auger on the power head as well^^^

Offline wert

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4962 on: Feb 10, 2014, 01:34 PM »
its a easy walk (slide)down cardiac hill if you are planing on returning  well you know!!!!

Offline YaNkEmOuT88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4963 on: Feb 10, 2014, 01:55 PM »
From what I have found it's usually within a foot.
I agree its usually pretty close just wish it was just a smaller dot or something instead of the arrow so you could pin point a little better

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4964 on: Feb 10, 2014, 02:13 PM »

I've had low blood sugar since I quit drinking , I carry protien bars in my pocket.

Carbs are what you need when blood sugar is low and then protein to stabilize it.. Years ago when they had the sugar cubes wrapped up, I would have a handful in my pocket//

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4965 on: Feb 10, 2014, 02:14 PM »
I agree its usually pretty close just wish it was just a smaller dot or something instead of the arrow so you could pin point a little better
GPS on a common handheld receiver is not generally all that accurate.  Common accuracy is 3-5 meters.  Often less than that.  It will get you close.  I use a hand-held depth finder to check my depth if I want to be "spot-on".  And even then, you are at the mercy of the map-maker being right.  If you want to check the accuracy of your handheld - just make a mark on "solid ground" some where mark with your gps - walk away (a hunderd yards or more) and then use the gps to put you back on the "mark" - do it several times, in different directions, to get an idea of accuracy.

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #4966 on: Feb 10, 2014, 03:20 PM »
She was happy to have gotten acouple slob perch, but everytime up she was like I wanted a walleye, lol. She got broke into the club of not putting your pole to close to the heater, you guessed it blub blub blub jig down the hole and her looking at me like what happened, lmao it was apricless look but told her weve all done that. Met anice guy named Stanley when I went to his shanty with some chilly dogs we made. Glad you enjoyed them and I helped him download the navionics map on his phone that he didn't know he could. All in all agreat day. When we left the ice yesterday nobody on the ride in or in the parking lot

You are right kowboy. I did it twice Saturday. My best 2 jigs at that. Had never done it before. But I don't use the heater that much.
Nice fish Colleen,
kc

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4967 on: Feb 10, 2014, 03:38 PM »
nevermind the  perch! i LOVE those yellows (GLOVES) that is!  brian have you changing the oil on the truck?  LOL   nice job brian and misses!  o and brian i see a few things i would like to maybe borrow from your garage! LOL

Offline johnny lightning

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4968 on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:04 PM »
I want thank everyone who helped me out on the ice at Oneida Lake on Sat. Everything checked out fine at the hospital. only problem is... I need to find where I can purchase ice armour bibs only.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4969 on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:05 PM »
I want thank everyone who helped me out on the ice at Oneida Lake on Sat. Everything checked out fine at the hospital. only problem is... I need to find where I can purchase ice armour bibs only.

Glad to hear you're ok. Sounded scary

Offline Christo571

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4970 on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:08 PM »
Copy that , glad to hear your doing good. Scary stuff.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #4971 on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:22 PM »
glad your ok. as for the bibs- go with the arctic armor or one of the others that float. ice armor does not and they are close to the same price. gander might have them ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Mr. Freeze Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4972 on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:33 PM »
HT,

I read an earlier post about your 4wheeler. I have a 08 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO not fuel injected. I have never had a problem in below zero with this machine starting up or acting cranky in the cold...I run the choke all the way out...start it up...it fires right up....after a minute or so push choke back in and good to go...a rock solid machine!!   

Offline perch_seeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4973 on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:37 PM »
To everyone that owns a set of the Artic Armor,  I keep telling myself that I'm going to test them in the summer but never have, has anyone ever done a test trial to see how well they really float? If so how well do they really work.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #4974 on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:44 PM »
HT,

I read an earlier post about your 4wheeler. I have a 08 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO not fuel injected. I have never had a problem in below zero with this machine starting up or acting cranky in the cold...I run the choke all the way out...start it up...it fires right up....after a minute or so push choke back in and good to go...a rock solid machine!!
i live right across the the road from where i bought it and they are going to look at it tomorrow. the gas cap does not have a vent hose anymore. the vent is underneath some place i guess ::)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #4975 on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:46 PM »

I read about your Saturday, glad you doing much better! Take good care of yourself and good fishing to you! :thumbsup:

I'm with HT, get a pair of floating bibs. I'm partial to Arctic Armor, had them 7 years or so, no problems and they're holding up well.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #4976 on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:58 PM »
its a easy walk (slide)down cardiac hill if you are planing on returning  well you know!!!!

:clap: Love it, last week I saw a guy take that ride, too funny. I also saw a ton of buckeyes spilled out. also too funny.

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #4977 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:00 PM »
Nice eye Bcons.

Nice fish Kowboy and Colleen.

Offline jmags20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4978 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:02 PM »
Havent been to oneida before and making the trip soon was wondering how the fishing is at night

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #4979 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:03 PM »
Well done getting your eyes Friday and Saturday Ice Addict. Everyday is an adventure when you got out on the Big O.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.