New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827187 times)

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #4650 on: Feb 06, 2014, 01:00 PM »
I believe you would have to contact a welder to fabricate something to fit that bill.
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4651 on: Feb 06, 2014, 01:02 PM »
I love my old Ryan's rack and has worked well for me over the years to get the trap off the ground.  Different design and still leaves the whole back rack open but doesn't allow for the drop basket.

Now that's like what I had in mind.  Any close-up pics of the design - or is it still manufactured?  By whom?

Thanks.

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #4652 on: Feb 06, 2014, 01:05 PM »
I'm going to make a rack for the back of my snowmobile to carry my clam denali 1 man.

The lake is drifted bad. the west wind howled all night ???. going to be a rough ride.   Sully...

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #4653 on: Feb 06, 2014, 01:11 PM »
Now that's like what I had in mind.  Any close-up pics of the design - or is it still manufactured?  By whom?

Thanks.

There was a company called Ryan's Racks that used to make em but I don't think they are around anymore.  You could try googling it and see if anything still comes up.  Extremely sturdy and simple design and also works great for getting treestands in and out of the woods.  I can try and take some closeups and PM to you if you'd like. 

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #4654 on: Feb 06, 2014, 01:28 PM »
There was a company called Ryan's Racks that used to make em but I don't think they are around anymore.  You could try googling it and see if anything still comes up.  Extremely sturdy and simple design and also works great for getting treestands in and out of the woods.  I can try and take some closeups and PM to you if you'd like.

I looked it up and it does'nt look like they are in business anymore
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline bb4

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4656 on: Feb 06, 2014, 01:37 PM »
Hey guys how can I post pics of my days catch?

Upload to photobucket then copy img url from photobucket and paste in here.

Offline bb4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4657 on: Feb 06, 2014, 01:38 PM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Pole-ska

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4659 on: Feb 06, 2014, 02:00 PM »
Is there a helmet law on the lake if you are on a wheeler?

Also, I heard that they were giving out tickets if you didn't have rigid tow bars between huts if towing more than one. true?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4660 on: Feb 06, 2014, 02:01 PM »
Also, I heard that they were giving out tickets if you didn't have rigid tow bars between huts if towing more than one. true?

:blink:   YES and YES....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline conesuscrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4661 on: Feb 06, 2014, 02:23 PM »
Tickets for no rigid tow bars sounds pretty crazy.  Man, what is this state coming to???

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #4662 on: Feb 06, 2014, 02:26 PM »
I'm going to make a rack for the back of my snowmobile to carry my clam denali 1 man.

The lake is drifted bad. the west wind howled all night ???. going to be a rough ride.   Sully...

I designed a rack for my Clam Pro for my Arctic Cat, it works with the sled existing tunnel rail system.

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline conesuscrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4663 on: Feb 06, 2014, 02:31 PM »
Nice looking rig!  You should market those!

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #4664 on: Feb 06, 2014, 03:15 PM »
Tickets for no rigid tow bars sounds pretty crazy.  Man, what is this state coming to???
It's the law, and it makes sense not to have a sled going wherever it wants to. Stay in control, you won't hurt yourself and better yet ...you wont hurt someone else with your equipment. :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #4665 on: Feb 06, 2014, 03:35 PM »

I designed a rack for my Clam Pro for my Arctic Cat, it works with the sled existing tunnel rail system.

that's pretty close to what i'm making. thanks Bart !!   Sully...

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4666 on: Feb 06, 2014, 03:41 PM »
Bart - That set up is bad a$$! When I get my next sled I am going that route.

Offline Growler_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4667 on: Feb 06, 2014, 03:43 PM »
I have a question to try to help out a buddy.  His dog wandered out onto the lake about a week ago (I just found out) it was a white American Bulldog and was last seen near Lake Shore Road heading East but they lost his tracks and haven't been able to find him.  Has anyone seen or heard of a dog wandering the Lake or near it?  He's put up signs and called the local animal shelters but I figure maybe someone here has seen something.  Thanks.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4668 on: Feb 06, 2014, 03:58 PM »

Yes on the helmet - I think the rigid towbar only applies if you are towing something with a person on board.  Not to say - a towbar isn't a good idea anyways.  I would not tow anything with just a rope if I could help it.

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #4669 on: Feb 06, 2014, 04:01 PM »
Yes on the helmet - I think the rigid towbar only applies if you are towing something with a person on board.  Not to say - a towbar isn't a good idea anyways.  I would not tow anything with just a rope if I could help it.
If you are towing...it has to be rigid. It doesn't matter if there is a person or not :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4670 on: Feb 06, 2014, 04:07 PM »
If you are towing...it has to be rigid. It doesn't matter if there is a person or not :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:
Mike

Maybe

Rules

While pulling a person on skis, a toboggan, sleigh, sled or trailer, unless the device is attached to the ATV by a tow-bar or other rigid connection.

AND you can find the same info in here.

Offline walleyeguynys01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4671 on: Feb 06, 2014, 04:12 PM »

Mike

Not true at all.. The only time you need a rigid bar is if you are towing someone in the sled. I fish with a econ officer and have asked this question a few times not.  We always tow with a rope to keep snow and slush off the clam. Refer to the DMV web site (•While pulling a person on skis, a toboggan, sleigh, sled or trailer, unless the device is attached to the ATV by a tow-bar or other rigid connection.)

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4672 on: Feb 06, 2014, 04:17 PM »
Or you could just walk  ::)  :P

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #4673 on: Feb 06, 2014, 04:26 PM »
Not true at all.. The only time you need a rigid bar is if you are towing someone in the sled. I fish with a econ officer and have asked this question a few times not.  We always tow with a rope to keep snow and slush off the clam. Refer to the DMV web site (•While pulling a person on skis, a toboggan, sleigh, sled or trailer, unless the device is attached to the ATV by a tow-bar or other rigid connection.)

For ATV, I believe you are right. A snowmobile requires a rigid tow bar.

It is UNLAWFUL to operate a snowmobile:
1.at a speed greater than reasonable or prudent under the surrounding conditions, or at a speed greater than 55 mph
2.in any careless, reckless, or negligent manner
3.while the operator is intoxicated
4.without the required lights
5.on the tracks of an operating railroad
6.in any tree nursery or planting in a manner that damages growing stock
7.on private property without the consent of the owner
8.towing a sleigh or toboggan except with a rigid tow bar
9.in any way that the operator fails to yield to an emergency vehicle approaching from any direction 10. in any way that fails to comply with a lawful order from a police officer
10.on a frozen body of water within one hundred feet of a skater, ice fisherman, ice fishing house, or other person not on a snowmobile except at the minimum speed required to maintain forward motion
11.within one hundred feet of a dwelling between 12 midnight and 6 AM at a speed greater than the minimum speed required to maintain forward motion

Operation On Highways

Operation of snowmobiles on highways depends on the classification of the highway and the prevailing conditions.
1.Snowmobiles MAY NOT be operated on the New York State Thruway, other interstate highways, or other limited access highways. The only exception to this law is during a snow emergency as declared by the Thruway authority or other agency having authority over the highway in question.
2.Snowmobiles MAY be operated on the shoulders and inside banks of highways, other than limited access highways, PROVIDED that the highways have been designated AND posted for snowmobile use by the governing authority (State of New York for state highways, county government for county highways, town government for town roads, etc.).
Snowmobiles may also be operated on designated highways for a distance not to exceed 500 yards to gain access to operational areas or trails adjacent to the highway. Again, an exception to this law may occur during a snow emergency as declared by the agency having authority over the highway in question.
3.Snowmobiles MAY be operated on the OUTSIDE banks of highways other than limited access highways.
4.Snowmobiles MAY be operated on highways, other than limited access highways, when necessary to cross a bridge or culvert.
5.Snowmobiles MAY be operated on county, town, city, or village highways which are customarily unplowed and unused by wheeled vehicles during the winter months. These roads must be designated as such by the governing authority.
6.Snowmobile operation on any highway MUST be in single file on the right hand side of the road, except to overtake and pass another snowmobile.
7.Snowmobiles MAY NOT pull a person on skis or in a sleigh, sled, or toboggan on or across any roadway.
8.Snowmobiles MAY make a direct crossing of any highway other than limited access highways at any time of day provided that:
a.) the crossing is made at approximately a ninety degree angle, and at a place where no obstruction prevents a quick and safe crossing
b.) the snowmobile is brought to a complete stop before crossing the highway
c.) the snowmobile operator yields the right of way to all oncoming highway traffic

Check your New York State Snowmobiler's Guide for further details on where you can and can't ride.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4674 on: Feb 06, 2014, 04:41 PM »
Interesting, Bart.

For ATV, I believe you are right. A snowmobile requires a rigid tow bar.

It is UNLAWFUL to operate a snowmobile:
1.at a speed greater than reasonable or prudent under the surrounding conditions, or at a speed greater than 55 mph
2.in any careless, reckless, or negligent manner
3.while the operator is intoxicated
4.without the required lights
5.on the tracks of an operating railroad
6.in any tree nursery or planting in a manner that damages growing stock
7.on private property without the consent of the owner
9.in any way that the operator fails to yield to an emergency vehicle approaching from any direction 10. in any way that fails to comply with a lawful order from a police officer
10.on a frozen body of water within one hundred feet of a skater, ice fisherman, ice fishing house, or other person not on a snowmobile except at the minimum speed required to maintain forward motion
11.within one hundred feet of a dwelling between 12 midnight and 6 AM at a speed greater than the minimum speed required to maintain forward motion

Operation On Highways

Operation of snowmobiles on highways depends on the classification of the highway and the prevailing conditions.
1.Snowmobiles MAY NOT be operated on the New York State Thruway, other interstate highways, or other limited access highways. The only exception to this law is during a snow emergency as declared by the Thruway authority or other agency having authority over the highway in question.
2.Snowmobiles MAY be operated on the shoulders and inside banks of highways, other than limited access highways, PROVIDED that the highways have been designated AND posted for snowmobile use by the governing authority (State of New York for state highways, county government for county highways, town government for town roads, etc.).
Snowmobiles may also be operated on designated highways for a distance not to exceed 500 yards to gain access to operational areas or trails adjacent to the highway. Again, an exception to this law may occur during a snow emergency as declared by the agency having authority over the highway in question.
3.Snowmobiles MAY be operated on the OUTSIDE banks of highways other than limited access highways.
4.Snowmobiles MAY be operated on highways, other than limited access highways, when necessary to cross a bridge or culvert.
5.Snowmobiles MAY be operated on county, town, city, or village highways which are customarily unplowed and unused by wheeled vehicles during the winter months. These roads must be designated as such by the governing authority.
6.Snowmobile operation on any highway MUST be in single file on the right hand side of the road, except to overtake and pass another snowmobile.
7.Snowmobiles MAY NOT pull a person on skis or in a sleigh, sled, or toboggan on or across any roadway.
8.Snowmobiles MAY make a direct crossing of any highway other than limited access highways at any time of day provided that:
a.) the crossing is made at approximately a ninety degree angle, and at a place where no obstruction prevents a quick and safe crossing
b.) the snowmobile is brought to a complete stop before crossing the highway
c.) the snowmobile operator yields the right of way to all oncoming highway traffic

Check your New York State Snowmobiler's Guide for further details on where you can and can't ride.

Offline chris steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4675 on: Feb 06, 2014, 04:48 PM »
So for the weekend should i just leave the 4 wheeler home and suck it up and walk, Looking for honest answers from the locals ty, long drive from newfane, Hate to waste gas towing if i don't have to

OneidaAngler

« Reply #4676 on: Feb 06, 2014, 05:12 PM »

Ooops... :whistle:

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4677 on: Feb 06, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Guys, here is another company that makes some nice looking racks for sleds and wheelers.  They are a little pricey imo but they look pretty easy to fabricate if your handy.

http://johnsonscargosystems.com/

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4678 on: Feb 06, 2014, 05:46 PM »
So for the weekend should i just leave the 4 wheeler home and suck it up and walk, Looking for honest answers from the locals ty, long drive from newfane, Hate to waste gas towing if i don't have to

I went out tonight with my four wheeler..NO chains on it at all, went right through the snow with ease....

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4679 on: Feb 06, 2014, 05:52 PM »
How deep was the snow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.