New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827197 times)

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #4350 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:08 PM »
Ya, at 23 , now try to do it at age 62.  Drilling a couple holes isn't bad but if you need to move you won't when your older or if you use tip downs.

I hear you, that's why I hooked a drill up to mine.
kc

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4351 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:12 PM »
Fished Taft this morning, started good, first 3 times down 3 fish 2 shorts and a jumbo. The next 3hrs I marked 1 fish.

Offline Gozzos

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4352 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:27 PM »
I'm a walker myself. Sunday morning I walked 1 1/2 mile to see someone fishing where I planned on fishing and it was 6:30 am no biggie I just another 100 yards around the structure . It reminds of deer hunting some guys will sit right on top of you. Or go to your stand and there some knuckle head in your tree stand . Common sense

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4353 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:31 PM »
315 i have some fish for the party lets set it up. i can bring the genny beer too

Offline dave160

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4354 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:32 PM »
I had the very fortunate privilege of meeting and fishing with ice addict and was there when this incident occured. Every red blooded icefisher person would be upset with what went on. To me it was like somebody you didn't know walked in your living room, changed the channel,and farted on your couch. Common courtesy is not so common I guess.....Once again----it was a pleasure to meet you ice addict

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4355 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Bingo. You can drill just as fast with a good hand auger.
Who is "you" that you are referencing there?  Come on up and I'll take whatever bet you want to offer - you with whatever hand drill you want and me with my electric powered 8" Nils.  I don't care if you bring along a 4" bit.  :woot:  ::)

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4356 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:40 PM »
Really??? you're gonna set 5 tip ups 300 yards apart and think someone isn't gonna encroach on your 1200 yard claim?  That's a bit excessive....

I`m not saying how far you place them apart. I am telling you how far apart they must be to avoid the chance of them getting twisted up..

Offline chris steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4357 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:41 PM »
300 yards apart falls in the UNATTENDED realm, TICKET.

Offline Lyrad7791

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4358 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:42 PM »
I am new to ice shanty and I have to say it has been great reading and posting so far. I have to say this is one of the longest threads on Ice Shanty. You guys love your fishing. I just read about 100 pages worth of posts. If you can't tell, I can't wait to fish Oneida. I am headed out to Oneida fishing for the first time in 2 weeks. We have a group of 5 of us going fishing. We have not had an ice fishing trip in a few years. We try to get together every year for an ice fishing trip but the last couple years have been difficult with the weather. We are all very pumped about fishing Oneida. We have a place right on Eaton Bay. We were hoping to fish in that area. Can anyone tell me if there is some good fishing in that area? Also, where is a good place to pick up some bait? We would love to pull a couple eyes through the hole. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #4359 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:43 PM »
Really??? you're gonna set 5 tip ups 300 yards apart and think someone isn't gonna encroach on your 1200 yard claim?  That's a bit excessive....

Your crazy if you think you can take up that much room and not have someone setup on your spread. Sorry i do a ton of tip up fishing and have been for 30 years and never had an issue. I set mine up in a pattern thats the size of about a football field and I think thats a large area
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #4360 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:47 PM »
Your crazy if you think you can take up that much room and not have someone setup on your spread. Sorry i do a ton of tip up fishing and have been for 30 years and never had an issue. I set mine up in a pattern thats the size of about a football field and I think thats a large area

Not to mention if your at one end of your spread your more than a half mile from your last tip up and couldn't see it.
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline Pman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4361 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:50 PM »
Fished northeast corner today with two buds. Only one (barely legal 15") keeper between the three of us. Marked some fish but the ones that hit were all like this little monster below. Anyways had a good time just being out there - no wind, easy walking. Lots of shorts bodes well for future seasons.  ;D

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4362 on: Feb 03, 2014, 05:54 PM »
315 i have some fish for the party lets set it up. i can bring the genny beer too

good ol genny red eye.  ;D Ill be getting a flasher on Friday (woot woot!) I think Friday or Saturday could work for most of us. Ive got some venison to bring too. Where abouts on the ice would be a good cookout location? I generally walk from Lewis to wherever. I've never fished the west end of the lake

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never Leave Fish to Find Fish
« Reply #4363 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:07 PM »
I am new to ice shanty and I have to say it has been great reading and posting so far. I have to say this is one of the longest threads on Ice Shanty. You guys love your fishing. I just read about 100 pages worth of posts. If you can't tell, I can't wait to fish Oneida. I am headed out to Oneida fishing for the first time in 2 weeks. We have a group of 5 of us going fishing. We have not had an ice fishing trip in a few years. We try to get together every year for an ice fishing trip but the last couple years have been difficult with the weather. We are all very pumped about fishing Oneida. We have a place right on Eaton Bay. We were hoping to fish in that area. Can anyone tell me if there is some good fishing in that area? Also, where is a good place to pick up some bait? We would love to pull a couple eyes through the hole. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
If you are staying by Eaton bay there is Godfrey and Jewel to either side of where you are at with plenty of structure around. If your walking be prepared for a hike though to get out to the deeper water.
Gotta Love Those Stripes !!!!!

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4364 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:09 PM »
A true Rochester guy with that Genny. I have been wanting to contact you at some point cause I am sure we have crossed paths at some point either here or up at Oneida.

Offline Icemark247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4365 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:33 PM »
Nice eye man! Cant wait till im up there for my first!
Hard Water Addict
FISH ON!!!!

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #4366 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:43 PM »
I had the very fortunate privilege of meeting and fishing with ice addict and was there when this incident occured. Every red blooded icefisher person would be upset with what went on. To me it was like somebody you didn't know walked in your living room, changed the channel,and farted on your couch. Common courtesy is not so common I guess.....Once again----it was a pleasure to meet you ice addict

Pleasure was all mine Dave ! Unfortunately this is the crap you have to deal with out there, just the way it is I guess . Frustrating though nevertheless.
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline shimanoman45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4367 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:47 PM »
Im game as well for this IS bbq i can contribute fish/venison,maybe even some buffalo steaks as im from onondaga nation. I used to live up in mohawk territory for a bit as well rggiz.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4368 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:49 PM »
Ooo buffalo steaks? That'd be new. How does Friday afternoon work for folks?

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4369 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Im game as well for this IS bbq i can contribute fish/venison,maybe even some buffalo steaks as im from onondaga nation. I used to live up in mohawk territory for a bit as well rggiz.
Well its in my family. My great grandparents were from the reservation just north of oneida. I just got lucky being dad was in the service and had to move around with him.

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4370 on: Feb 03, 2014, 06:57 PM »
I always fish the northshore from apps to costantia starting going when i was 5 with my dad and still fish with him a veteran of almost 50 years.And now my 5 yr old goes with us and i look forward to it every chance we get which is almost every weekend and some weekdays mixed in but don't tell his teacher

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4371 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:00 PM »
I am thinking instead of this north-south thing how about we meet up at the mason Dixon line and set this thing off. Lewis Chapman Apps Constantia its all the same in the middle of the lake.

Offline shimanoman45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4372 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:02 PM »
O ok, good for you though, i like to travel. And unfortunately only time i would be able to make an appearance for sureis on the wknd. I just had a daughter in october and girl works during the day, so only free time is wknds. Dont let me slow anyone down. If you guys can get together during wk have at it. Would be nice to get out for some food, drinks and some fishin with some new buddies. Keep me posted. Tight lines boys.

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4373 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:03 PM »
I have a small tourney this weekend with some good buddies of mine at sodus bay on saturday not goona be able to make oneida .And dinner resevations for sunday with the familybut any weekend after will work for me.We have a truck load of venison we could contribute also.W ill be staying up on the lake or with shane alot more a little later in the season so maybe we could do a cookout off the ice also.Any euchere players?

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4374 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:08 PM »
I am thinking instead of this north-south thing how about we meet up at the mason Dixon line and set this thing off. Lewis Chapman Apps Constantia its all the same in the middle of the lake.

We'd need a place like messenger shoals that's easy to find

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4375 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:09 PM »
I have a small tourney this weekend with some good buddies of mine at sodus bay on saturday not goona be able to make oneida .And dinner resevations for sunday with the familybut any weekend after will work for me.We have a truck load of venison we could contribute also.W ill be staying up on the lake or with shane alot more a little later in the season so maybe we could do a cookout off the ice also.Any euchere players?

That'd be fun! Used to play it a lot camping. Been a few years though!

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4376 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:11 PM »
Any you guys spend weekends up on the lake?

Offline buck 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4377 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:13 PM »
some times in the winter and in the summer
ml

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4378 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:16 PM »
I would deffinately attend a party on a weekend

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4379 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:19 PM »
I am like addict, up on Fridays and usually head home Sunday late. I have been spoiled this year by staying at the Comfort Inn next to Gander this year so I am up for it anytime and I am sure my group is in for it as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.