New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827180 times)

Offline nessman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #3480 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:27 PM »
erieville res. off funk rd. is a fairly short drag.....kinda long drive from oneida though
Searching around - says there's no public access to Erieville (aka Tuscarora Lake). 

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3481 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Give  Deyruter  a try,   some  nice perch   . They  also have  walleye never  caught one here  but  i have seen some nice pics.

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3482 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:35 PM »
Cazenovia Lake.  Limited access off the east side.  I think it's the east side.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3483 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:42 PM »
Rough day! Early only marked a couple of fish. Made a move, marked some fish, no takers. Added a deadstick into the mixed, fish loved it but still wouldn't bite? Skunk number one for the season... :-\
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline jighead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3484 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:51 PM »
Fished the north shore with Greenhead in 25'.  First spot we checked was void of fish so we quickly moved.  First drop on our 2nd spot and I caught a nice 'eye on a naked rap and then 2 quick perch while my buddy was still fumbling with minnows.  Finally got settled and baited up and we picked away at them until 3pm.  Wasn't great, but it was entertaining enough to keep us from moving again.  If the wind was a little less (although it certainly wasn't terrible like predicted), we probably would have made another move or two.  Managed 11 eyes between us, only one of which was barely short.  We each caught what was probably a 5 pounder, both of were released.  Perch were running small and probably kept 15 good ones and another 15 that in hindsight I wish we let go.  All told, we probably got about 40 perch.  Fish came and went all day, but when they showed they were fairly aggressive.  Almost everything was on raps.  Will post pics later.

Let me just say congrats on catching and more importantly releasing those big eyes, I completely respect that decision..

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #3485 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:51 PM »
nice meeting you today Bart even though you wouldn't let me catch any fish ;D

Offline Pemad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3486 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:53 PM »
Went on north side of lake today and caught my limit of eyes in 1 hour between 10:30 and 11:30.  Was nice and cold especially with no shanty  :).      :icefish:

Offline 315cnote

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3487 on: Jan 25, 2014, 06:04 PM »
Nice job Pooch and Racer.  You guys had a pretty good week!  Here's some pics from today.

(Image removed from quote.)
The one on the left went back.  Was a pretty solid fish.  I would guess around 5 lbs.

This was its twin sister.  About the same size.

7" hole so I would estimate 24-25" long???

Back she goes.

Nice fish!

Offline 315cnote

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3488 on: Jan 25, 2014, 06:05 PM »
My boy with his nice girl from this morning!!!!!!!

That's a good one!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3489 on: Jan 25, 2014, 06:42 PM »

nice fish to all and great releases KingFisher and KP way to go guys

and HT thats the way to put that keeper to the ice [ right now]  ;)

Offline bfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3490 on: Jan 25, 2014, 06:53 PM »
Made my first trip to oneida today. Two hr drive, on ice at 6:30 am and off at 3:00 pm. Myself and three of my fishing buddies broke our oneida cherries. Didnt hammer anything but didn't get skunked. Lots of lookers on the vex and  only 8 or so dink perch with two keeper perch about 12-13 inches. Humbled. But we had a great lunch of venison chilli and sausage, peppers,onions on the grill and spent some time outside the shanty BSing. Glad we didn't listen to the weather man. Thanks to all who helped me with parking at chapman. Back at it next saturday

Offline beni

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3491 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Hey guys nice pics  could somebody please tell me what a smitty sled is     thanks   beni

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3492 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:15 PM »
Hey guys nice pics  could somebody please tell me what a smitty sled is     thanks   beni

Just put in the search and there are 100 threads about it.. Heres one..
  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=261490.msg2898505#msg2898505 
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #3493 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:19 PM »
yep the weather people once again were WRONG ::) ::) the wind was bad when i got there but went down thru the day. we had to work for the fish today. i ended up with 3 keeper eyes / 1 huge perch and a bubot. i dumped 4 more keeper eyes for the day at the hole ??? and released 3 that were 14". nice fishing with you pooch and the gang again. its been snowing hard here since i got home. looks like i will be plowing tomorrow instead of fishing. got mt my first eye popper walleye today in deep water. freddie showed me well...........lmao ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3494 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:23 PM »
That was a nice Walleye :clap: Had a good time as always fishing with KP & Jr.  @)
thats a nice eye KP ;)

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3495 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Nice job Pooch and Racer.  You guys had a pretty good week!  Here's some pics from today.

The one on the left went back.  Was a pretty solid fish.  I would guess around 5 lbs.

This was its twin sister.  About the same size.

7" hole so I would estimate 24-25" long???

Back she goes.

couple of real hogs there kingfisher ;) nice job

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #3496 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:37 PM »
the wind is howling out of the northwest, and it's snowing moderate right now.  Sully...

Offline rapala47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3497 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:44 PM »
After yesterday not so hot bite, today was just the opposite . On the ice by 7 am , had my limit of eye's before I even poured my first cup of coffee, made two more moves before leaving at noon and managed to land at least 20 more walleye's, couldn't fine the perch though, only had one ( 14" ) . 32' fow was were I found them today, clown colored rap tipped with a minnow head. It's day like this that keep me going back.... ::) ::) ::)
I have the ability to walk on water....therefore I am!!!

Offline FISHN NIK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3498 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:45 PM »
Hello Onieda diehards!
            What is the size limit on the eyes?I'm assuming it's 15" and also 3 per angler,also why keep pounding the eyes especially if your in 30 + fow.Why not go target some jumbos,more meat to take home,I understand that the 2 often comingle but you may catch less eyes if you go with perch tackle,I read your reports every day and know how much you covet your fishery is all I'm saying.I know I'd probably do the same,done it in Erie so I'm no saint either.Will be paying you guys a visit next week and am just looking for some perch info. so don't bite my head off for asking,just wondering why more guys don't target the perch as much,.thanks for all the good info.and hope to see some of you next week.

FN

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #3499 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:47 PM »

Nice looking fish today boys!!! Ht's pressure eye, kp's slammer ....pooches crew's.... kingfishers crews monsters, and who ever I left out.....really good lookin fish, boiler decided too act up again just now after a good day, guess I'm off too the hardware store again instead of fishin.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3500 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:50 PM »
Hello Onieda diehards!
            What is the size limit on the eyes?I'm assuming it's 15" and also 3 per angler,also why keep pounding the eyes especially if your in 30 + fow.Why not go target some jumbos,more meat to take home,I understand that the 2 often comingle but you may catch less eyes if you go with perch tackle,I read your reports every day and know how much you covet your fishery is all I'm saying.I know I'd probably do the same,done it in Erie so I'm no saint either.Will be paying you guys a visit next week and am just looking for some perch info. so don't bite my head off for asking,just wondering why more guys don't target the perch as much,.thanks for all the good info.and hope to see some of you next week.

FN
  I bet 20 mph winds had people hunkered in, 20 below zero before that kept people from moving, drill a hole and catch what swims by on those days, 30 fow, that's where the perch are usually. wait til you go out there once, it aint easy finding numbers of perch like sandy pond or someplace else.

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3501 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:53 PM »
  Nice looking fish today boys!!! Ht's pressure eye, kp's slammer ....pooches crew's.... kingfishers crews monsters, and who ever I left out.....really good lookin fish, boiler decided too act up again just now after a good day, guess I'm off too the hardware store again instead of fishin.
You need to get that damn thing fixed!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3502 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:56 PM »
I did,  well changed the nozzle, filter, cleaned the chamber before that, changed the eye that sees the flame, cleaned the induced draft fan tube censor thing, whats left?  Primary control, right?  it runs 23 out of 24 hrs, but on the second call for heat, the short cycle, it cuts out and back in, then trips the reset, if I'm fishin, it will be out all day, I live alone.

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3503 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:57 PM »
shane see you this weekend

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3504 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:58 PM »
I feel for you.  Good luck with it.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3505 on: Jan 25, 2014, 08:00 PM »

Any plumbers want too trade a guided trip for fixed boiler, my lodger did 50 keeper eyes landed each day thurs and Friday, plus a dozen perch, all jigging, one guy....I know where they are I just can't get out of this dam prison.

Offline ChucknMel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3506 on: Jan 25, 2014, 08:09 PM »
does it hae roll out sensors snagger thats apossibility or the so called smart valve went stupid

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3507 on: Jan 25, 2014, 08:14 PM »

I googled that, don't think mine has one, standard becket oil burner.

Offline Clint S

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3508 on: Jan 25, 2014, 08:35 PM »
Lot's of variables left.    Bad Zone valve end switch  could cause short cycling and if flame leaves for long enough flame sensor would shut it down. Does it click when it cycles?    How many Zones?  Is it a particular zone?  .   I have limited know how with boilers.   Just enough to get myself in trouble.   I honestly would post here.   
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/boilers-home-heating-steam-hot-water-systems-128/
They will ask for  pics of the boiler and plumbing.    Make and model of the boiler and aquastat and temp and pressure readings.    They have got me through quite a few issues.    Alot of knowledge there.

Clint

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3509 on: Jan 25, 2014, 08:52 PM »
Lot's of variables left.    Bad Zone valve end switch  could cause short cycling and if flame leaves for long enough flame sensor would shut it down. Does it click when it cycles?    How many Zones?  Is it a particular zone?  .   I have limited know how with boilers.   Just enough to get myself in trouble.   I honestly would post here.   
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/boilers-home-heating-steam-hot-water-systems-128/
They will ask for  pics of the boiler and plumbing.    Make and model of the boiler and aquastat and temp and pressure readings.    They have got me through quite a few issues.    Alot of knowledge there.

Clint

thanks for the help, yes it clicks, 3 people have told me primary control now, including my plumber friend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.