New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827172 times)

Offline mbald123

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #3180 on: Jan 22, 2014, 10:58 AM »
have gone out of lewis point past few times.. first time was good with some Eyes..  things seem to be slowing down now, hopefully it picks back up!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #3181 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:01 AM »
  Best report I've heard in a while, Nice work deadezes crew"!!!!!

26.5 below at my house this morning, my buddy 3 miles away had 29 below zero....  I'd love too fish tomorrow, but kind of afraid too leave my property unattended in these temps, could come home too a pipe bursting disaster.
its going to be Hot on Friday...........calli ng for a high of 17 ::) ::)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #3182 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:05 AM »
its going to be Hot on Friday...........calli ng for a high of 17 ::) ::)

good  Clipper coming Saturday-sunday, could get rough on Saturday night with lake effect/wind... even colder air will be close bye next week, but this time we might get lake effect with it.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3183 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:20 AM »
hey you get back to work and keep those old ladies walks salted  ;)
Thawing out they're pipes today!  :woot: 7 apartments with frozen pipes. :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: Think it is making ice on the lake??? :blink:

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3184 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:30 AM »

Salmon River this morning at 28 below zero.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3185 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:32 AM »

Heres something you don't see every day, a waterspout off Cayuga Lake this morning.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3186 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:48 AM »
Nice job Deadeyez. I am glad the DEC is out in full force. That should cut down on this over the limit BS.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3187 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:53 AM »

heard its not over the limit, heard its an undersize thing.

Offline minettoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3188 on: Jan 22, 2014, 12:13 PM »
Does anybody have a good website for barometric pressure? I used to look at the wunderground baro graph but they seemed to change it on me. I'd like to see an hourly breakdown...
I don't have a good website but I use an app on my smartphone that gives me Wind Speed, wind direction, Barometric pressure and percipitation both in graph form and text/data form. Its called PocketGrib. I love it. It provides data for 3 days...then you download the next 3 days..great addtion to navionics...
When I go fishing I like to know that there's nobody within five miles of me.

Offline minettoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3189 on: Jan 22, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Had a little spare time, decided to build some tip-downs, don't know if I'll ever use them or not, but I was bored.
Next is the smitty sled, the drag off last Saturday pert near killed me.
(Image removed from quote.)

Love those tip downs. When the action is slow, they do make the difference. I have my own that I constructed and they will last a long time..caught a few eyes on them also.
When I go fishing I like to know that there's nobody within five miles of me.

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #3190 on: Jan 22, 2014, 12:18 PM »

Salmon River this morning at 28 below zero.
Cool pics Shane
Wayne W.

Offline craigski1980

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3191 on: Jan 22, 2014, 01:01 PM »
I made a few of those out of some scraps around the garage. Used them for perch,crappie,and have caught bullgills,pike,bass,and tigers on them maybe this year I can get an eye.

Offline perchchaser711

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3192 on: Jan 22, 2014, 01:37 PM »
Was wondering if anyone has a ice transducer for Lowrance fishing unit. Dropped mine and split it today.

Offline RunninDownFish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3193 on: Jan 22, 2014, 02:02 PM »
Deadeyez thanks for the thread man I'm a newbie on here and to Onieda Lake. Your brother has been helping me out a little bit I met him through him delivering to my wife's company. But anyhow man thanks for the info on here and whatever info you share with your brother that he relays to me. We fished last Saturday on the north shore where your brother give me some info and we didn't do to well. We got 10 jack perch for a 2 hour drive that turned into a 3 an a half hour drive but it was good to fish somewhere new and get out on the ice. Going to give it a whirl tomorrow again hope the ride up is a little better. Also going to target the perch .Thanks to everyone that post stuff on here and helping out newbies like myself. FISH ON
FISH ON!!!

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #3194 on: Jan 22, 2014, 02:09 PM »
Great report Deadeyez sounds like an awesome day!  I too am glad the DEC are out there patrolling and showing themselves on the ice...hopefully it prevents some from not breaking the limit laws...great pictures Snagger, it was 21 here in Parish when I got home from work this AM...great job on the tipdowns perch-hound, good weather for an indoor project!

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3195 on: Jan 22, 2014, 02:22 PM »
I think it's legit too. I wonder what the length is? As a taxidermist I've mounted them to 14 lbs. I'm guessing this fish has to be at least 36 inches?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3196 on: Jan 22, 2014, 02:35 PM »
I think it's legit too. I wonder what the length is? As a taxidermists I've mounted them to 14 lbs. I'm guessing this fish has to be at least 36 inches?

Its legit I believe,heard from a good resource its 37" long,didnt get the weight and it was caught super close to Green Island.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3197 on: Jan 22, 2014, 02:43 PM »

what kind of lowrance transducer?, blue connector or older black one, I got some retired ducers, they work, but not perfect, a little noise.  try west marine online, I just got 4, 2 for each of for my machines.  I got a garage full of oak flooring that would be great for making those tip downs.

Offline perchchaser711

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3198 on: Jan 22, 2014, 03:14 PM »
Its a elite 4x it has a black one.  If you had a extra ill buy it email me a price

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3199 on: Jan 22, 2014, 03:37 PM »
Its a elite 4x it has a black one.  If you had a extra ill buy it email me a price

sent you a pm.

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3200 on: Jan 22, 2014, 03:41 PM »
Wow  Just caught up on a bunch of reading here.
Glad the DEC is showing some presence. Have to protect the walleye resource on Oneida at least until I figure out how to catch them..... :roflmao: :roflmao:
Finished my long stretch on at work and getting ready to hit the ice again. My oldest has regents days off school next week and is gonna head out with me. To be fair I'm breaking my 10yr old out of school Friday. He's fished plenty but always tip up type stuff with the big hub shack.  Now that i have a 2 man otter he's pumped to finally head out on the main lake and look for eyes and perch. Hope I can find him some fish that are a little more willing to cooperate then the ones I finished my last few days of fishing last week being teased by. Sounds like from the posts they're headed deeper now.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3201 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:16 PM »
Deadeyez thanks for the thread man I'm a newbie on here and to Onieda Lake. Your brother has been helping me out a little bit I met him through him delivering to my wife's company. But anyhow man thanks for the info on here and whatever info you share with your brother that he relays to me. We fished last Saturday on the north shore where your brother give me some info and we didn't do to well. We got 10 jack perch for a 2 hour drive that turned into a 3 an a half hour drive but it was good to fish somewhere new and get out on the ice. Going to give it a whirl tomorrow again hope the ride up is a little better. Also going to target the perch .Thanks to everyone that post stuff on here and helping out newbies like myself. FISH ON
No prob man!  Welcome to the site!  Good luck out there tomorrow.   :tipup:
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline WaynefromMaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout and about
« Reply #3202 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:18 PM »
  Very interesting post KP.  Hope this will help to protect our friend's and other sportsman.
Enjoy the pleasure of others pleasure

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline travis9791

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3204 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:27 PM »
looks like a pretty cold 10 day forecast. It's been a while since i've seen trucks on oneida. I remember years back when they would have the ice races in front of constantia. Just wondering if people think there will be enough ice for tucks this year. I measured 12" where i fished yesterday so that's almost enough. With the pressure cracks and gas holes you would never catch me with my truck on the ice no matter how thick it was. But there is always someone with more balls than me

Offline buck 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3205 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:28 PM »
sounds like some one was rite about the weed thing ?  nice
ml

Offline rapala47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3206 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:31 PM »
I don't have a good website but I use an app on my smartphone that gives me Wind Speed, wind direction, Barometric pressure and percipitation both in graph form and text/data form. Its called PocketGrib. I love it. It provides data for 3 days...then you download the next 3 days..great addtion to navionics...
i use weather bug app, it show barometric pressure along with other weather info.
I have the ability to walk on water....therefore I am!!!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #3207 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:43 PM »
looks like a pretty cold 10 day forecast. It's been a while since i've seen trucks on oneida. I remember years back when they would have the ice races in front of constantia. Just wondering if people think there will be enough ice for tucks this year. I measured 12" where i fished yesterday so that's almost enough. With the pressure cracks and gas holes you would never catch me with my truck on the ice no matter how thick it was. But there is always someone with more balls than me
ya right. you go first.............lmfa o :woot: :whistle: :whistle: ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3208 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:47 PM »
Deadeyez whats up bro, congrats to you and the little deadeyez. Glad to hear the dec is out I half to admit that in all the times ive been out on Oneida ive never even seen them, so it makes me feel better to know they are out there checking. Not sure who I dislike more ones who take over the limit or the cons in the jungle lol

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #3209 on: Jan 22, 2014, 04:54 PM »
Fished Jewell again, this time with Racer.....Was it cold you ask? Why yes it was, even with the heater on high!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.