New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827175 times)

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #2250 on: Jan 12, 2014, 06:25 PM »
u got!!!!! thats funny bro! nice job!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2251 on: Jan 12, 2014, 06:28 PM »
Anyone at Taft Bay today see the idiot crawling around on the ice dragging his sled.... That was me I left my creepers at home but was bound and determined to fish.  Wound up crawling around like a moron it was so slick and windy out there.

you think your the only one that has forgotten one of our best buds , i have done just that but we learn never to leave home with out them  ;)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2252 on: Jan 12, 2014, 06:30 PM »
east end....edgewater...... sylvan beach....lewis point....north bay

X2, well guys see you in the am going to try a few miles in a different derection , so I'm changing hats in case I'm caught  ;)

Offline ugotmcmahonhere

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2253 on: Jan 12, 2014, 06:36 PM »
u got!!!!! thats funny bro! nice job!

the funny part was when some guy on a 4 wheeler stopped and asked me if I was trying to sneak up on them!

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2254 on: Jan 12, 2014, 06:42 PM »
Anyone at Taft Bay today see the idiot crawling around on the ice dragging his sled.... That was me I left my creepers at home but was bound and determined to fish.  Wound up crawling around like a moron it was so slick and windy out there.
U cant make that kinda stuff up way to funny. Way to go choo, youll find them. Great updates, stories of success and some not but atleast your all getting out on the ice, unlike myself, but still enjoy the heck out of the stories

Offline CrappieAttitude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • golly thats good
« Reply #2255 on: Jan 12, 2014, 06:44 PM »
Hahaha. Idk if I was the lucky or unlucky one in my group who had the spikes on.  Ended up walkin the shanty out and chauffeuring my brother on the back end of the sled at the same time because he didn't have any traction. Good thing it was easy walking out there.  I don't think anyone will be able to beat the crawling on all fours. That's why you're on the diehard thread. Lol
Take it for what it's worth

Offline CrappieAttitude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • golly thats good
« Reply #2256 on: Jan 12, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Fished today as well. Went out in search of some perch. Found several nice schools but they were on the smaller side of what we've been pulling out of there. Managed couple handfuls of some good ones and called it a day. Back at it next weekend. Good job to all those who managed some fish out there today too.  Tight lines  :tipup: :tipup:
Take it for what it's worth

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2257 on: Jan 12, 2014, 07:44 PM »
Yes you did.  Bald eagle circling above south bay out to the main channel then over to sylvan & Verona and back.  Hung out watching me for an hour or so.  Bad az to see.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Watched  10  of  them   on  Friday   at carousel  mall, awesome sight to see.Worth  a ride to check  them out.

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2258 on: Jan 12, 2014, 07:46 PM »
the funny part was when some guy on a 4 wheeler stopped and asked me if I was trying to sneak up on them!

Way too funny ;)

I can't imagine being out there this weekend without.  No picks in my sled and she was dancing all over the place!

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2259 on: Jan 12, 2014, 08:02 PM »
27 1/2 inch slime dart  (Image removed from quote.)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Nice  catch  kid. Oneida  is producing  some big  pickerel.

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2260 on: Jan 12, 2014, 08:20 PM »
With these warm temps and lots of water dumping into the lake be careful around creeks. http://m.youtube.com/index?rdm=zdekj2gd&client=mv-google&layout=tablet

Offline shimanoman45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2261 on: Jan 12, 2014, 08:47 PM »
We will get em next time obrien, we for sure were not on fish. And ice will be just fine, guys were saying water on top was gone and what was left, cleats were making shavings on way in tonight. As long as temps drop as predicted, we seem to be in good shape for a long season. I hope, hahhaha.

Offline Larry D

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2262 on: Jan 12, 2014, 09:09 PM »

this weekends catch

Offline #hardwaterisbest

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2263 on: Jan 13, 2014, 03:01 AM »

This is from last Winter but I never got to share it.  Took my 6 year old son out late January. Hooked up with his 1st Walleye ever, all I did was grab it at the hole. We ended up with 4 eyes and 14 jumbos that day, and were off the ice at 11. Hopefully a diehard in the making!
You don't need a power auger for 4 inches of ice!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #2264 on: Jan 13, 2014, 03:03 AM »
nice. that is a perfect ;) catch for oneida lake right there
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #2265 on: Jan 13, 2014, 03:36 AM »
Hey Snagger, did you know the old timer down there in the Grady White named Ole Swede?  I used to troll for trout and salmon down there all the time up until about 15 - 20 years ago before discovering the joys of Seneca Perch fishing.  He invited us into his house one day and showed us all kinds of tips.  He even gave us a couple of his favorite lures, a Nils master and an AC Shiner.  Don't know what happened to the Nils but I still have the AC Shiner - must be 30 years old.  I'm pretty sure Ole Swede passed away, his name was Juke Johnson.  He was very kind to us back then as young kids trying to learn a fishery.  There was no internet back then, to be able to talk to an old timer back then was priceless.  What a difference now.

Oh yeah I remember the name juke Johnson... I didn't troll much...theres a page on facebook where a bunch of us reminisce about the old days on Cayuga, there was a circuit a bunch of us ran from cricks in march for smelt too april bows, to docks in may,june,july for lakers and landlocks and back to lakers from shore in October to cricks in November December for bows back the points and docks all winter...I wish I knew I was gonna become an ice fisherman, I had boxes and boxes of casting spoons, old acme cleos, cuss lures, crocodiles, super dupers ect.. that gave away too people here over the years...
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2266 on: Jan 13, 2014, 04:40 AM »
Small world.  I probably have gone by you a dozens of times going in and out of T-falls park.

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2267 on: Jan 13, 2014, 05:00 AM »
I got the Yaktrax XTR's for Christmas... they are just awesome! https://www.yaktrax.com/product/xtr

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2268 on: Jan 13, 2014, 06:03 AM »
Went out yesterday from 10:00-noon. Ended up putting 2 keepers on the ice. The rest of our group of 5 put 7 more keepers on the ice. Not the best day out there, but we came home with dinner. Also watch out for old holes out there. Saw dozens of holes the size of 5 gal buckets! You could lose your kid down one that size...or break a leg. B safe
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2269 on: Jan 13, 2014, 06:45 AM »
great job on the eyes choo choo  ;) the perch are out there some place ;D
Thanks HT...I will resume my oneida  walleye and"perch search" later this week. ;)
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline PerchEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "eyes" have it!
« Reply #2270 on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:18 AM »
I got the Yaktrax XTR's for Christmas... they are just awesome! https://www.yaktrax.com/product/xtr

Cheeks13,

Any problems fitting these over wide pac boots?

PerchEyes
The tug is the drug.

Offline leatherneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2271 on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:29 AM »
Cheeks13,

Any problems fitting these over wide pac boots?

PerchEyes
I have a pair of these and have had no problem fitting them over my Baffin pac boots. They worked great yesterday.

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2272 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:21 AM »
I put them over my Lacrosse ATS1200's with no issue. Just follow the size chart. If you are concerned get a size bigger.

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline PerchEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "eyes" have it!
« Reply #2273 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:22 AM »
I have a pair of these and have had no problem fitting them over my Baffin pac boots. They worked great yesterday.

Just ordered a XL pair from Amazon for $35.
Should have by Thursday.
Will be nice to have a study pair that doesn't keep slipping off my boots.
The tug is the drug.

Offline 1beaver

• IceShanty Rookie
  • trapper
« Reply #2274 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:23 AM »
Just picked up a new pair of Mickey's .haven't had a pair in along time.well since.THE 70S....alittle heavy. but warm and dry.those holes can eat a 4wheeler tire too.becareful saw some big ones
the bone

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2275 on: Jan 13, 2014, 08:27 AM »
Cool, I think you'll like em. Thats a good price too!

Offline ConesusPikeCatcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2276 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:22 AM »
I just went and bought the last pair of xl on amazon for 35 bucks. After tearing up a garbage pair from dicks this weekend I couldn't resist. Hope the xl fits my sorels. They look sweet.

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #2277 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:28 AM »
Great job out there everybody! I had an amazing 3 days of fishing as well!  LOTS of eyes and enough SLOB jumbos to make this man happy!   Plus a bonus " Oneida Lake Turbo!" What a beautiful fish indeed! Thanks for all the ball bustin' out there Friday via text Freddy! Had some good laughs! Mark, congrats on that possibly once in a lifetime Eye from Oneida, great fish!  I commented on facebook( shane posted a pic of it) but not sure if you go there or not. I have to miss a weekend this week due to a friend getting hitched, but know this; it will be the ONLY and LAST one I will miss until the ice is gone!  See you in 11 days! 
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline crappienpike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2278 on: Jan 13, 2014, 10:21 AM »
Anyone fishing Sylvan Beach today? Going out tomorrow, wanna know the ice conditions.

Offline perryt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2279 on: Jan 13, 2014, 10:48 AM »
Just picked up a new pair of Mickey's .haven't had a pair in along time.well since.THE 70S....alittle heavy. but warm and dry.those holes can eat a 4wheeler tire too.becareful saw some big ones
I hear that .................I was a little nervous on our way in Saturday !!! Team Dags will be back soon  ;D
ice fishing rules

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.