New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827197 times)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #1260 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:14 PM »
thinking this weekend men look out the goon will be out  :P :o hope to fish with some of u again this yr

Ice must be safe, the Goons are loose....... :woot:
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1261 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:16 PM »
Nice chief, better than a goose egg or a good day at work.

Stopp picking on Stormy, he only jigged 8 hours. ;D

Offline shimanoman45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1262 on: Jan 02, 2014, 11:55 PM »
Nice to see your up and at em snag, are you ventureing out this wknd. I have been study the map a bit and found a few.north shore humps i would like check out sunday. Hope i can get to em. Otherwise ill wander around till the screen lights up.

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1263 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:44 AM »
  Stopp picking on Stormy, he only jigged 8 hours. ;D

I JIGGED A HARD 8 HRS .... My auger fell out of my screw gun and down she went ..... the Oneida Blues .....

Oh and for the record .... I landed a 5 " Perch today ..... :icefish:
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1264 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:46 AM »
Nice to see your up and at em snag, are you ventureing out this wknd. I have been study the map a bit and found a few.north shore humps i would like check out sunday. Hope i can get to em. Otherwise ill wander around till the screen lights up.

Now just remember .... Any hump YOU THINK YOU have found have already been named Snaggers or Freddie's hump and you will get yelled at for finding it .....  :woot: :thumbsup: :whistle:
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1265 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:18 AM »

Theres nothing but dink fish in Oneida.. dont waste your time man..

Hey thanks man really appreciate the Snide response. Fortunately there some good people on here willing to help guys out. I could understand if I was one of the guys in here with one post asking for peoples secrets just needed a parki g spot.....and got many. Thanks guys. See you tomorrow.

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1266 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:31 AM »
Hey thanks man really appreciate the Snide response. Fortunately there some good people on here willing to help guys out. I could understand if I was one of the guys in here with one post asking for peoples secrets just needed a parki g spot.....and got many. Thanks guys. See you tomorrow.

wow.. tough crowd!! ;D ??? :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1267 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:50 AM »
me to I wish it was closer so I could do more of this

We all wish "that other lake" was closer so we could fish it more often.  ;)
Black Lake, like so many others, offers a lifetime of opportunities to learn about fishing.  ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1268 on: Jan 03, 2014, 06:24 AM »
Now just remember .... Any hump YOU THINK YOU have found have already been named Snaggers or Freddie's hump and you will get yelled at for finding it .....  :woot: :thumbsup: :whistle:

did you finally have to find fish for yourself  :o now you don't have to play follow the leader, you have your very own app  :woot:, so snag and I will let you lead us around only fair  :o

Offline Zeek1234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1269 on: Jan 03, 2014, 06:27 AM »
There's a die hard out there this am with no shanty! Too cold for me

Offline hinkydo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1270 on: Jan 03, 2014, 06:31 AM »
Maybe there frozen in that one spot.

hinkydo

Offline smb918

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1271 on: Jan 03, 2014, 06:38 AM »
Can anybody tell me the best spot to park to fish off of Lewis point?

Offline Oneida_slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1272 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:00 AM »
Hey 315 pounded the eyes all year last year at Oneida.  Im a 315er too.  Nothing like an eyeball.  Got 84 keeper fish last week at black lake between gills crappies and perch. Rather go for a couple eyes.   Only good thing bout black lake is its good for the guys with ADD.  Nonstop panfish.  Only fish there until I get on Oneida.  Don't fish anywhere but lewis point once the ice is all good.  Fell through a narly pressure crack in front of lewis last year went back to motel changed went back and got limit of eyes.  Only had one trip last year where didn't get a limit,  Cuz forgot the graph.  Let me know if ur headed up this weekend.

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #1273 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:09 AM »
Can anybody tell me the best spot to park to fish off of Lewis point?

Lewis point rd follow to the end u will see a campground the parking lot is next to it. Better be there before 615am or u prob not gonna get a spot she fills up quick :afro: :-*

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1274 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:20 AM »
Hey 315 pounded the eyes all year last year at Oneida.  Im a 315er too.  Nothing like an eyeball.  Got 84 keeper fish last week at black lake between gills crappies and perch. Rather go for a couple eyes.   Only good thing bout black lake is its good for the guys with ADD.  Nonstop panfish.  Only fish there until I get on Oneida.  Don't fish anywhere but lewis point once the ice is all good.  Fell through a narly pressure crack in front of lewis last year went back to motel changed went back and got limit of eyes.  Only had one trip last year where didn't get a limit,  Cuz forgot the graph.  Let me know if ur headed up this weekend.

don't forget the pics we love pics ,  ;)

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1275 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:21 AM »
Fished for eyes for the first time this ice season on Wednesday with my buddy Jeff. Started in 30 fow and picked up a keeper eye each and about a dozen perch. Made a move to another spot in 24 fow and I ended up landing 3 keepers and a short before dark. Ice was 6-8 inches in the area we were fishing. It was good to finally get on some eyes!

NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline Oneida_slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1276 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:26 AM »
Nice eyeball... Ya just figured out this whole computer thing lol.  Gotta figure out how to get my pics on here.  Ill show some pics after Oneida no one wants to see pics of my 9 inch crappies and gills lol. jig jig jig

Offline Cross-Eye-Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1277 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:30 AM »
did you finally have to find fish for yourself :o now you don't have to play follow the leader, you have your very own app  :woot:, so snag and I will let you lead us around only fair  :o
If his bucket was any indication of that, you're gonna have someone living in your back pocket all season again ! ::) ;) ;D

Offline Oneida_slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1278 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:47 AM »
Anyone know a cheap motel to stay at close to lewis.  Need a place for tomorrow night .  Little cold to sleep in truck lol.  I hate addiction lol.  jig jig jig

Offline bigjim308

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1279 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:19 AM »
Nice waldo bobby!! :thumbsup:
Bad things happen on the lake after dark!!!

Offline Cterp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1280 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:27 AM »
Got out New Years day for an hour and a half....blowing like crazy out there; drilled a hole, landed on a pile.....caught 7 keeper eyes, kept a limit and was on my way home........... got to love Oneida!

Now I need to find the perch.....

Offline IceDropper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1281 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:35 AM »
Best bet will be either Cinderellas or Oneida Lake Inn both in Sylvan Beach. You'll go right past tr bait stop on your way to Lewis in the morning!

Just realized that was my 2nd post on the forum in 4 years....such a lurker!!!....I will give back......lol!

Offline klauricella

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1282 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:40 AM »
Just walked out front and there is about 5" of snow, real light powder so still should be easy to walk. But it is colder then a b*#@h out there this morning, think I lost a nipple. Going to wait till it warms up tomorrow.

Kevin

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1283 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:46 AM »

nice eye Bob
 and Cterp thats a nice striper wouldn't take many of those to make a meal :thumbsup:

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1284 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:47 AM »
If his bucket was any indication of that, you're gonna have someone living in your back pocket all season again ! ::) ;) ;D

no that snag partner

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #1285 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:04 AM »
I JIGGED A HARD 8 HRS .... My auger fell out of my screw gun and down she went ..... the Oneida Blues .....

Did you manage to get your auger back? If you marked with gps somebody must have magnet strong enough to get it back for you. Might need a camera to locate it.
if you try the drill again put a disc on it bigger than the auger so you don't loose it again.
kc

Offline perryzf81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1286 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:12 AM »
Does anyone who lives near Oneida lake or someone who went out on the lake today have a snowfall total?

Thanks !
FISH  ON !!!

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #1287 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:21 AM »

Do you need a big magnet? I'm about 2 hours away, but I can meet you half way and give you one (If I still have any kicking around here at work). I have an old aquaview too, but if I fish oneida it won't be for at least another week so I couldn't help you with the camera until then.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1288 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:27 AM »
There's a die hard out there this am with no shanty! Too cold for me

Man I remember one year ... got too be 7-8 yrs ago....my buddy slamboney drove over too my side from Cicero, temp at my house was minus 24, by the time I reached apps it was a balmy minus 15, slamboney arrived we got our buckeyes and off too Jewel we went, walked out 3/4's of a mile and set up just inside a pressure crack, we sat on buckets til 330 pm, temps barely got above zero that day, but we were determined to figure out the suspended eyes, we had just recently smashed them in north bay a couple weeks priar but they had moved, these fish were hot and suspended 15-18 up off bottom...I'll never forget how thick matts bobber poles was with ice, how he kept that hole open is beyond me, we never limited out, but we got a few, I was still drinking then so it took the edge off a little, had a cooler too keep the beers from freezing.  That was one cold day, just drill holes for no reason too keep the blood pumping...

Offline CrappieAttitude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • golly thats good
« Reply #1289 on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:27 AM »
Just walked out front and there is about 5" of snow, real light powder so still should be easy to walk. But it is colder then a b*#@h out there this morning, think I lost a nipple. Going to wait till it warms up tomorrow.

Kevin

:roflmao: :roflmao:  Us walkers can only hope thats the case - [easy walking].  Calling for a little bit of a "warm up" - 37*- this weekend which will hopefully turn that 5" into 1.5"-2" after it settles and melts away a little.  Then right back into the single digits and teens begining of next week for daytime highs.  Stay safe out there with the machines.  :tipup: :tipup:
Take it for what it's worth

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.