New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827175 times)

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #1110 on: Dec 31, 2013, 05:46 PM »
just trying to adjust i guess thats all freddie. from going from a vex to a graph ;) i will get it soon

I hear ya HT I used S10 for a few mins last year an looking at the graph I thought I was moving lol.

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1111 on: Dec 31, 2013, 06:48 PM »
Had a good day ...  15 keepers 3 shorts and a little perchy .... That wind was BRUTAL .....

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #1112 on: Dec 31, 2013, 06:57 PM »

GREAT FISH GUYS!!!!!!  I'm Sicker than a dog, these reports are killing me......

Good work Stormy.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline JackPerchSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
I plan to head out and fish Oneida Lake for the first time and I want to do my homework before I go. I hate nothing more than doing something half assed and wasting my time and having no fun because I didn’t do my HW first. I am living in Utica and am willing to do some traveling in search of a good perch bite. I here Oneida lake is the place to find the Jack Perch so I am trying to see what it is all about. The guy at Hometown Bait and tackle in Marcy has given me some pointers and info on the lake but want some more from the people who know it best. I hope some of you can help me get to know where the best places to get on and what lures have the best results.

I know that Oneida Lake has some issues with shifting ice and sketchy conditions but I am willing and not too scared to do I have to be safe and successful.

I am no rookie to ice fishing but I am a rookie to Oneida Lake. I am from Ontario NY and I fish on Sodas bay 3-4 days a week in years past and have limited out many times a season. I am addicted to catching slob perch and will go anywhere to find them.

Help point me in the right direction.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #1114 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:13 PM »
Yes HTI think we did well considering the weather. I almost went to the North Side. Maybe tomorrow. Did the perch bite later in the morning like mine did?

Ed
well i did not get out there until 9:30 am. i was not going today and then decided to go ::) ::) the bite was on before i got there........... >:(
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1115 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:19 PM »
stormy met you at apps today you told me which lure to buy lol
Had a good day ...  15 keepers 3 shorts and a little perchy .... That wind was BRUTAL .....

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline chummer16

• Team IceShanty Regular
I plan to head out and fish Oneida Lake for the first time and I want to do my homework before I go. I hate nothing more than doing something half assed and wasting my time and having no fun because I didn’t do my HW first. I am living in Utica and am willing to do some traveling in search of a good perch bite. I here Oneida lake is the place to find the Jack Perch so I am trying to see what it is all about. The guy at Hometown Bait and tackle in Marcy has given me some pointers and info on the lake but want some more from the people who know it best. I hope some of you can help me get to know where the best places to get on and what lures have the best results.

I know that Oneida Lake has some issues with shifting ice and sketchy conditions but I am willing and not too scared to do I have to be safe and successful.

I am no rookie to ice fishing but I am a rookie to Oneida Lake. I am from Ontario NY and I fish on Sodas bay 3-4 days a week in years past and have limited out many times a season. I am addicted to catching slob perch and will go anywhere to find them.

Help point me in the right direction.

I occasionally fish sodus too, take everything you know from sodus and forget it.  Oneida is a whole different beast.  It took me about three years to figure out how to consistently catch Oneida perch.  Oneida perch are very finicky and what works today won't work tomorrow.  Start with the smallest lure you have and go from there.  I would start at Chapman park, it is a great place to start because yo can walk to many different depths.  I am sure you are aware of the dinks in sodus, it is very rare to run across dinks in Oneida.  I prefer spikes for bait because there are many days the perch will not touch a minnow.  If you have a day where they hit minnows it will be a great day.  Good luck, don't get discouraged it will take some time to figure it out. 

Offline JackPerchSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1117 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:31 PM »
Thanks for the advice. The guy at hometown told me about this site and there are some good people on here and some good talk happening. I am happy I joined. If anyone wants a fishing buddy let me know would love to fish with new people and learn new things from each other.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #1118 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:40 PM »
all the perch I fileted today were gorged with baby crayfish....darndest thing I've seen in awhile......lake must have had a tremendous hatch of crayfish this year.....was surprised they attacked my minnow being that full

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #1119 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:43 PM »
nice waldos

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1120 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Thanks for the advice. The guy at hometown told me about this site and there are some good people on here and some good talk happening. I am happy I joined. If anyone wants a fishing buddy let me know would love to fish with new people and learn new things from each other.

Sent you a PM...... ;D

Offline JackPerchSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1121 on: Dec 31, 2013, 07:58 PM »
Scout27...Where did you go out from? Where do you uselessly fish?

Offline oneidaeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Also known as FISH ON on MFF!
« Reply #1122 on: Dec 31, 2013, 08:03 PM »
Hey Shane that makes 2 of us sicker than a dog. Heck of a way to bring in the new year! Coughing,hacking,sneezing and weezing. This sucks get well soon, i hope i do. Fish on!    Brian

Offline perryzf81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1123 on: Dec 31, 2013, 08:14 PM »
Happy new year and good fishing to everyone!! Tomorrow is the first trip of many that I will be making to Oneida on the ice, can't wait.  I have plenty of fishing holes within a half hour of my house, but nothing compares to ice fishing Oneida!!!   :) :)
FISH  ON !!!

Offline WaynefromMaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout and about
« Reply #1124 on: Dec 31, 2013, 08:21 PM »
   Hope ya feel better snagneyes..   Hope your new year get's better..
Enjoy the pleasure of others pleasure

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1125 on: Dec 31, 2013, 08:38 PM »
Nice job on the eyes Stormy!

Not snowing here, the stars are out...

Offline oneidaeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Also known as FISH ON on MFF!
« Reply #1126 on: Dec 31, 2013, 09:13 PM »
Yup they are saying 6to12in possibly 12to24 if it drops south  enough to get to us. Bring it on baby. You just can't get a good snow storm around here any more.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1127 on: Dec 31, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Good job out there stormy..and all you guy's. Looking forward to drilling some Oneida ice ...getting started up there in another week or so, and I hope to run into a bunch of you die hards.

Have a Happy, Healthy, Safe New Year All You Oneida Guy's...with lot's of limits and  quality fish !!! :icefish:

My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1128 on: Dec 31, 2013, 09:47 PM »
Yup they are saying 6to12in possibly 12to24 if it drops south  enough to get to us. Bring it on baby. You just can't get a good snow storm around here any more.

The wind is wrong for that much snow down here tonight. We should tack on another inch of ice though before we get much snow.  ;D

The lake is setting up pretty good right now...

Offline Wildwaldos86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1129 on: Dec 31, 2013, 09:57 PM »
Happy new year and happy fishing everyone!!!!
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on shore like an idiot"

"If people concentrated on the more important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

Offline Hookinup

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release ... into the grease!
« Reply #1130 on: Dec 31, 2013, 10:51 PM »
all the perch I fileted today were gorged with baby crayfish....darndest thing I've seen in awhile......lake must have had a tremendous hatch of crayfish this year.....was surprised they attacked my minnow being that full

Are you sure that they weren't Mayfly nymphs? They closely resemble baby crawfish...especially when partially digested. About a little more than an inch long. Four legs and a "crunchy" feel to them. I only say that because my perch were gorged with the mayfly nymphs the other day. Look them up on youtube to tell for sure.
Always remember .... they have a brain the size of a pea! How hard can it be? ???

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1131 on: Dec 31, 2013, 10:56 PM »
Really shouldn't head out on the lake without a compass.  Doesn't take much to have white out conditions.

that's so true KF22   , but at least this person is safe and sound  , hoped he learned a valuable lesson and many others on here learn from his mistake ,  just hunker down for a while  until it lets up is not a bad Idea , just don't panic people , I have spent a few long days out there due to weather before the cell phone  ;) , with cell phones your just a call away from rescue , but it may cost you some jingle

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1132 on: Dec 31, 2013, 11:06 PM »
Gentlemen it's time to pay respect to my good friend and fishing buddy FM. Lance's mom passed away Saturday. So please join me in keeping Lance and his Family in your thoughts and prayers and extending our most heart felt sympathy. :'(

Coach, much respect for looking out for me. And to everyone else, showing condolence and respect.... I much appreciate this, during a trivial part of life. Thanks to everyone, and all your prayers and sincere thoughts. FISH ON...See ya all soon...Guarenteed

Offline #hardwaterisbest

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1133 on: Dec 31, 2013, 11:59 PM »
How's the ice look for those of you that live on the lake? Did you get any snow? Ready to get at em tomorrow. Hoping for easy dragging. yhanks!
You don't need a power auger for 4 inches of ice!

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #1134 on: Jan 01, 2014, 02:11 AM »
just started snowing here in brewerton. hope we don't get to much.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!   Sully...

Offline XxFISHN4EYEZxX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1135 on: Jan 01, 2014, 02:34 AM »
               HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #1136 on: Jan 01, 2014, 04:35 AM »
Are you sure that they weren't Mayfly nymphs? They closely resemble baby crawfish...especially when partially digested. About a little more than an inch long. Four legs and a "crunchy" feel to them. I only say that because my perch were gorged with the mayfly nymphs the other day. Look them up on youtube to tell for sure.
you might be right Jim....gonna look that up....but they certainly look like crabs...and lots of em

Offline minettoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1137 on: Jan 01, 2014, 05:03 AM »
I agree with hookinup..the stomach cotents of the perch I am catching are full of mayfly nymphs
When I go fishing I like to know that there's nobody within five miles of me.

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1138 on: Jan 01, 2014, 05:38 AM »
Sorry for your loss FM.

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1139 on: Jan 01, 2014, 06:31 AM »
sorry for your loss fm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor