New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827192 times)

Offline perchbrad

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #420 on: Dec 14, 2013, 05:21 PM »
Hi guys, have been on shanty since last year but lost my profile, had to sign up again not sure what happened?  Anyway I was going to take a trip to Oneida this year (my first time) any info on good spots and what to rig up for some perch?  It's the biggest lake I would have ever hard water fished and  only got a couple days to get on some.  Thanks for the any tips guys and best of luck to all this year!
BAIT (√) BEER (√) SHANTY (√) FISH (?) STORY (√)

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #421 on: Dec 14, 2013, 05:27 PM »
I will give you some helpful advice. #1 only use a hand auger. #2 bring bait (buckeyes) . #3 get a lake map and look for humps. ;)
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #422 on: Dec 14, 2013, 05:49 PM »

I wish I could have made it ...... Work got in the way as it tends to do. Gander's Ice section sucks this year to say the least, however there is a silver lining. The little guy isn't going to get priced out, and that is good I think. Stopped and checked BB today and all I can say is Blow wind Blow ..........

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #423 on: Dec 14, 2013, 05:57 PM »
Did someone say flatfish pictures?
Tank got on some ice today  :whistle:

Didnt light the world on fire but a nice morning pick with some quality fish...

Had a great time at the Gander event today... wish they would do some more deals and sales but oh well...
Breakfast with HT, Wired-"massage"-Stone, The twins, Coach, and transducer guy, was great.
Only regret is that I didnt get to talk more with everyone at the show...

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #424 on: Dec 14, 2013, 06:00 PM »

Nice Job Tank !!!!

Offline dp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #425 on: Dec 14, 2013, 06:29 PM »
Hey Drowning Dots was anyone out on big bay when you were there?  I want to go tomorrow but don't want to drive an hour to find out it is not ready yet.  Thanks for your reply.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #426 on: Dec 14, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Hey Drowning Dots was anyone out on big bay when you were there?  I want to go tomorrow but don't want to drive an hour to find out it is not ready yet.  Thanks for your reply.
I am driving 2 hours north to fish panfish and I live 5 mins. from BB ...... Still snowing good and crap ice, I would find another spot.

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #427 on: Dec 14, 2013, 06:40 PM »
I am driving 2 hours north to fish panfish and I live 5 mins. from BB ...... Still snowing good and crap ice, I would find another spot.
me and chief are heading north as well shoot me a pm if ya wanna meet up missed ya the last time

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #428 on: Dec 14, 2013, 06:50 PM »
me and chief are heading north as well shoot me a pm if ya wanna meet up missed ya the last time
Have Andy text me, or follow the smell of Turkey Stew  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #429 on: Dec 14, 2013, 06:57 PM »
Ha ha will do

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #430 on: Dec 14, 2013, 07:02 PM »
Did someone say flatfish pictures?
Tank got on some ice today  :whistle:

Didnt light the world on fire but a nice morning pick with some quality fish...

Had a great time at the Gander event today... wish they would do some more deals and sales but oh well...
Breakfast with HT, Wired-"massage"-Stone, The twins, Coach, and transducer guy, was great.
Only regret is that I didnt get to talk more with everyone at the show...
:clap: Breakfast with the members was great! Glad to see everyone  made it home safely with the bad weather. I like that rod & reel combo Wiredstone! After i left the show i ran down to Mickeys tackle shop and ran into Sully and Walleyebob! Good to see everyone today and got to meet some of the other diehards! Nice Job on the flatfish Tank :thumbsup:

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #431 on: Dec 14, 2013, 07:24 PM »
I was gonna say nice to meet some of the younger members of Oneida but then I would be lying.... Great to meet all u. :nono: :nono: :nono: :thumbsup: :roflmao: :woot: :whistle:

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #432 on: Dec 14, 2013, 07:58 PM »
:P :P :P  ;D

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #433 on: Dec 14, 2013, 08:11 PM »

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #434 on: Dec 14, 2013, 08:26 PM »
lmao
 :woot:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #435 on: Dec 14, 2013, 08:31 PM »
Wanted to make the show, wimped out because of the snow. It's over an hour for me and no fish in the equation... :-\
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #436 on: Dec 14, 2013, 09:45 PM »
I love the way they change the forecast in the middle of a snow storm. Looks like we are going to get more snow than planned. Hopefully this wind opens the lake back up and we start from scratch. It is blowing pretty good...

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #437 on: Dec 14, 2013, 09:52 PM »
had a good time catching up with some good friends and met some new ones also. always look forward to this before a hopefully long ice season. as for gander mt. they need to do something different for sure. was not impressed at all today. ???
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #438 on: Dec 15, 2013, 05:20 AM »
Fillet And Release ?  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

yes sir only one thing both of us  have more hair  ;D

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #439 on: Dec 15, 2013, 06:23 AM »
just checked the webcam looks like it stayed locked and the wind blew most snow off the ice, have to check when it gets a little lighter be able to see better

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #440 on: Dec 15, 2013, 08:37 AM »
I was up at Gander the night before the expo, picking up a map chip....definitely was not impressed with the selection. Nothing new and not alot to look at. I learned from a few years ago to stay away from the expo as it is nothing to really talk about. The best part of the expo is getting to meet face to face with Ice Shanty Friends. They should change it to a Ice Shanty Meet & Greet, we would have more fun.

Offline reich607

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #441 on: Dec 15, 2013, 09:27 AM »
I can't stand GM.  I only go there cause its the closest store. I wish we could get a Cabelas around here.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #442 on: Dec 15, 2013, 10:45 AM »
I was up at Gander the night before the expo, picking up a map chip....definitely was not impressed with the selection. Nothing new and not alot to look at. I learned from a few years ago to stay away from the expo as it is nothing to really talk about. The best part of the expo is getting to meet face to face with Ice Shanty Friends. They should change it to a Ice Shanty Meet & Greet, we would have more fun.
pooch - what did you get for a chip?  What unit you got?  Just bought a Garmin GPSMAP 62s and a Garmin Lakes Chip.  Has pretty good detail for Oneida - but not Black Lake.  It's OK and it'll do for marking my "spots".

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #443 on: Dec 15, 2013, 10:51 AM »
what level of depth contours does that Garmin chip have, 1ft like navionics? 

I drove by the south side yesterday, lots of open water in the middle, some areas didn't have much ice at all, maybe a few hundred yards.  I was just out digging mice nests out of the sled, I put mothballs in but I think they ate them for lunch..dam 3 things. I speared one of the buggers with a stick, the other two are headed north across the mason dixon line.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #444 on: Dec 15, 2013, 10:59 AM »
what level of depth contours does that Garmin chip have, 1ft like navionics? 
Looks like 2 ft. for Oneida.  Have not had long enough it to check much else.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #445 on: Dec 15, 2013, 11:00 AM »
Being disappointed over and over at their stores I tried ordering from them online. After a few days and nothing but the initial acknowledgement of taking my order, I called and after waiting on hold.............backo rdered! The initial acknowledgement the day I ordered said the status was, "In Stock" ??? They might get them out in another week! Expect disappointment online too!

Ordered from Fish307 on Thanksgiving Day, that Saturday my order arrived.

Ordered from Cabelas same day, order arrived on Tuesday.

Ordered from Walmart and two days, my Heritage tip ups were delivered.

I've also had "clueless" help at Gander too.

I went to Bass Pro Shops in Utica, the young man there was Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, very Knowledgeable, and a member of Ice Shanty!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #446 on: Dec 15, 2013, 11:19 AM »
pooch - what did you get for a chip?  What unit you got?  Just bought a Garmin GPSMAP 62s and a Garmin Lakes Chip.  Has pretty good detail for Oneida - but not Black Lake.  It's OK and it'll do for marking my "spots".

I had the Garmin GPS Map 6CSx and had the Garmin Lake Chip in it. It was garbage, not enough detail. It does do the job, but Navionics is way better. I got rid of both and bought a Lowrance Elite 5 and just put the Navionics chip in it. The detail is awesome as the lake for that chip is High Definition.

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #447 on: Dec 15, 2013, 11:21 AM »
I had the Garmin GPS Map 6CSx and had the Garmin Lake Chip in it. It was garbage, not enough detail. It does do the job, but Navionics is way better. I got rid of both and bought a Lowrance Elite 5 and just put the Navionics chip in it. The detail is awesome as the lake for that chip is High Definition.

The model was Map60CSx

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #448 on: Dec 15, 2013, 11:24 AM »

I spent a pretty penny on the Garmin and the Lake chip just to get rid of it after 1 season. You really need a good definition map for hardwater fishing. It makes a big difference. I was playing with the Lowrance yesterday and looking at Big O.....I could see every flat, hump, dip, hole. Can't wait to get out there.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #449 on: Dec 15, 2013, 11:54 AM »
There are a lot of open water patches on the north shore off of Cleveland and Bernard's Bay. One big one all the way from the NS to out past 119. The good news is that the snow has slushed up already.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.