The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Just another Greenie headed North  (Read 1360 times)

Offline troutbiscuits

• IceShanty Rookie
Just another Greenie headed North
« on: Feb 15, 2019, 10:17 AM »
Hi neighbors up north.

My wife is generously letting me go ice fishing tomorrow even though she is 8 months pregnant. Since this will be my last ice trip this year tomorrow and am seriously considering Hattie and/or Meeboer. If anyone has any advice, or knows the current conditions I would be grateful. Either way I will make sure to post a conditions report when I get back.

Tight Lines!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Just another Greenie headed North
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2019, 12:52 PM »
High of 26F and 30 MPH winds. Are you nuts? :P
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2019, 02:54 PM »
Wear a good outer layer, dont bother with a shack. Good luck. We get that wind stuff here, too. Make sure you are catching fish,  you cant stand those Conditions being bored.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline dbad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2019, 02:57 PM »
Yes sir, Slayer he must have puddin' where his brains are sposed to be, huh?

Or maybe he's just an expectant father with one last opportunity to get out this season.
Anyways hope you weren't discouraged and got your "lines tight" Biscuits. When I was a young man I never let the weather stop me,
even if it's just for an hour or two, then sit in the truck and watch for flags. Congrats to you and your wife on your new addition too. 
"Throw back the little ones and pan fry the big ones use tact, poise and reason and gently squeeze them."   {Steely Dan}

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2019, 09:51 AM »
Yes sir, Slayer he must have puddin' where his brains are sposed to be, huh?

Or maybe he's just an expectant father with one last opportunity to get out this season.
Anyways hope you weren't discouraged and got your "lines tight" Biscuits. When I was a young man I never let the weather stop me,
even if it's just for an hour or two, then sit in the truck and watch for flags. Congrats to you and your wife on your new addition too.

Now that I'm older and smarter I pick my days and spots.  ;)  I totally agree fishing is better than not fishing, but hey I'd rather ice fish when it's nice out! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2019, 09:52 AM »
when slayer says pick his spots, he means he fishes in wyoming the two days every year there is no wind (some years one day).   ;D

Offline troutbiscuits

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2019, 10:22 AM »
I actually did not end up going. Between a report I heard that Hattie was half open, and my two friends who are not a crazy as me we ended up at Chatfield in CO instead. Nobody caught anything. I think the pressure change turned the fish off. Talked to several other fisherman who were also skunked.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2019, 06:29 PM »
380 views and you didn't even go?  SMH-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.