The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Marcum LX6  (Read 728 times)

Offline Icefly1

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum LX6
« on: Dec 05, 2014, 08:34 AM »
Just purchased one of these a couple weeks ago and all I have to say is this thing is sweet. Does anyone that owns one of these or the 7 have any tricks they could share. IE... what to adjust first, how the zoom works ?  The zoom had me a little confused  the way it moves up the bottom on the zoom side bar.  I bought this unit to be able to use it in the summer on my boat. Thanks  Icefly1

Offline Soclose2far

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Marcum LX6
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2014, 08:45 AM »
I got the 6 a few weeks ago as well. If you spend 15 minutes or so just playing with it on the water you'll have it down pat. I run the chart, flasher, and zoom. Took me a little to get used to the inverted zoom I.e. Push up bottom goes down. Probably one of the best choices I could have made for ice fishing.

Offline Icefly1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2014, 09:10 AM »
I took it out last week and gave her a test had it figured pretty good I though then my buddys 55 who was in the same tent was seeing fish I wasn't. More adjusting Seemed to take care of it and I could see what he was seeing. On a good note the two never really messed with each other as far as interference goes. 

Offline funtwohunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2014, 01:28 PM »
Look on youtube search Marcum lx 6 should be several videos

Offline Badger2087

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2014, 09:34 AM »
I have an older Vexilar FL-18 so can't help you out. A friend is considering a Marcum so I'm looking forward to seeing your reports. Gluck!

Offline NeFiShNeTiMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2014, 06:44 AM »
Just be like a little kid when your out and touch every button on the thing. If you get in over your head factory reset it. Make sure your unit it up to date with the newest program. The zoom feature is the best being able to select any part of the water colum and how much of it you want to see. Play with the chart graph as well.
Ezyjiggin101

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.