Author Topic: Strawberry marina road is closed  (Read 718 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Strawberry marina road is closed
« on: Mar 14, 2019, 12:14 PM »
This is from the Strawberry Anglers Association

Strawberry Marina closure

All,

Just letting you know that we just received word that the parking area, and road, leading to the Strawberry Marina will be closed off as of Monday March 18th. The Marina operators have been plowing it, as they typically do, but the heavy snow year has forced them to suspend operations, possibly for the rest of the winter. It is likely that the public will not have access into there until the snow melts (late April or early May depending on weather). Plowed parking areas at Clyde Creek, and along Hwy 40 will remain open as they have been throughout the winter, so there will still be some access points, just not to the Strawberry Marina.  As a side note, we do not typically see as heavy of fishing pressure during late March and April until the ice comes off. Most people are looking to get boats out somewhere during this period. However, we will have a group of anglers that will be impacted by this closure, and we do need to get the word out the best we can. It has been good fishing lately, and we have numerous people interested in going after kokanee through the ice. It is important that we let them know that they can still access some of the parking areas, just not that one. I am hoping that each of you can get this word out through your channels to let people know of this situation. Please let me know if you have further questions, or need me to follow up with anything else.

Thanks

Alan Ward
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
435-671-8600

Strawberry Anglers Association
1594 W North Temple
Salt Lake City Utah 84114
United States

Sad news for the ones accessing it there but totally understandable with all the snow they have. Im guessing you can still access the lake at chicken creek, the ladders and the soldier creek area. All off of hwy40
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Strawberry marinas road is closed
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2019, 12:58 PM »
I wonder just how much snow they've received this year.
I heard Alta is close to a 14foot base.
And I'm complain about shoveling my driveway.
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.