The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New gear  (Read 2433 times)

Offline hardwaterwalker814

• Team IceShanty Regular
New gear
« on: Dec 02, 2018, 06:18 PM »
Added a eskimo quick fish 2 shanty last year. And so far for this year I added an aqua vu 715c underwater camera after watching a few video reviews. I'm sure a few people on here also have them so I was hoping for some real world reviews. What's everyone else plan on adding to their arsenal this year?
A watched flag never flies

Offline Coonhunter34

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New gear
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Planning on getting a striker float suit. Got some new rod and reels.  Wife got an ion auger. Can't wait 2 get out there
Widow Maker Lures
Western Pa Hardwater tournament series

Offline hardwaterwalker814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2018, 07:35 PM »
Nice! I have the eskimo mako auger but was looking at the ions let me know how you like it!!
A watched flag never flies

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2018, 07:45 PM »
I got the AquaVu Micro 2 for this season. Looking forward to hole hopping with that puppy.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Rangerphil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2018, 09:21 PM »
Just picked up a Cabela’s spud bar today. Really needed one to be able to get out early!

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2018, 11:29 PM »
I got a Shappell Fx200 right at the end of last year, this year I picked up the Shappell Fx100I, hoping all the factory fixes show up so that I can use it this season. Leds, switch panel, Milwaukee power source so I can just carry tool batteries to power my auger and tent, also a homemade UV cup to mount in the flipover. Striker Predator bibs and jacket. A 24" Jason Mitchell meat stick, the Radioactive Pickle rod, a few different brands of fluro and mono to try. Some Eurotackle Z-vibers and spoons, Pk flutter spoons, and some Energized Outdoor tungsten will be added to the collection. I went big this season but I agreed to and sold some of my spare tools and outdoors gear.

Might get a spare auger head, and still researching gloves but those are the only other things I would consider adding this year.

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2018, 06:46 AM »
Just picked up a Cabela’s spud bar today. Really needed one to be able to get out early!

Glad to hear that.  They are a must

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2018, 06:49 AM »
Restocked the jig box with tungsten..  then I had to buy a bigger jig box to hold all of the new jigs....   ordered a clam auger conversion plate for my drI'll.   Shopping for plastics today.    Where can I buy 4 inches of solid ice to fish on?

Offline Cousin weakeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2018, 09:00 PM »
Clam plate rigid drill with two 4 ah and one 9ah octane battery, pair of mucks attic ice boots, ice armor clam ascent float parka, tickle rod and  13 fishing descent ice fishing combo

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2018, 05:23 AM »
My wife asked what I wanted for Christmas so I told her I had pretty much everything I need but I could use an Eagle Claw ice rod case. It was delivered yesterday but I ain't allowed to open it until Christmas! :'(   ;D ;D

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2018, 11:46 AM »
I’m planning on picking up a couple more rod and reels, have a ton of lures and plastics on the way already, and really thinking about biting the bullet on either the strikemaster or jiffy electric auger but I feel safer with a gas auger.   Heck I may just buy a new shanty while I’m at it.

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:49 AM »
I got two Clam Arctic Warrior tip ups with super cheap combos, a new jigging combo, and some tungsten.  Spent the money, now bring on the ice!
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2018, 10:06 AM »
Picked up a few Fiskas and CSJ  jigs and a new charging light. Went to stock them in my box(s)  and was thinking "you really needed more jigs?"  ::) Like my fly fishing: I take out hundreds of flies that I have tied and use the same half doz. 90% of the time.

Offline TAP66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2018, 03:27 PM »
I don’t know why I buy new jigs. I don’t need them, but I buy them. Lol
I don't mind if you sit next to me as long as you are a fisherman who cares about the resource.

Offline Gills4me

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2018, 03:43 PM »
 ;D we're men when its ice or open water if I'm within 10 miles  of a tackle shop I gotta stop n buy something

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2018, 03:56 PM »
After 50+ years of ice fishing, I've got plenty of gear.... way too much, but for this upcoming season I want early ice, good friends, good health and a tug or two on my lines every time I venture out to drill holes.

Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2018, 04:03 PM »
I plan on implementing my new bait transporter........he’s 7  :tipup:
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2018, 04:54 PM »
My plan for new gear this year is to add another Eagle Claw inline reel, some don't like it but once I cleaned and oiled it it works like a charm, and some more jigs and another tackle box to put them in.  So far I'm up to three tackle boxes so why not upgrade to four.   ;D

Offline Gills4me

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2018, 05:21 PM »
 ;D almost a quote from jaws...........your gonna need a bigger sled

Offline Fishhog1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2018, 02:21 AM »
Just got serious about gear last year. Added a couple in line reels, a Marcum M5, picked up a barely used Shappell 3000, and this year I'm picking up an Ion auger. Got a bunch of Rapalas also. Would love an LX9, but I need to eat too. Oh, also stole a new pair of Artic Ice Muck Boots. I say stole, because I got $50 in discounts. It's all coming together save some good ice yet.

Offline Koypoling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 09, 2018, 07:13 AM »
Just added a frabill ice hunter rod, next up is some new jigs.

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 09, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Welcome to Iceshanty Koypoling . Or should I say the addiction . LOL !

I picked up a couple poles , jigs , ice anchor tool to go with a new 20 volt drill and a Striker Float Suit I stole off the return rack at Cabela's last spring . Now if I could just buy a productive hole in the ice to park everything over , I'd be all set !  :woot: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Dec 09, 2018, 06:33 PM »
;D almost a quote from jaws...........your gonna need a bigger sled

I have the XL Jet Sled, if I run out of room I'm going to have to get another sled and pull them in tandem.   ;D

Offline 412fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 09, 2018, 07:35 PM »
Striker ice climate Suit

Offline chuck22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 09, 2018, 08:17 PM »
Just got my first flipover it’s used but was a great deal and can’t wait to finally not be the guy who has to be out in the wind all the time

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 09, 2018, 08:27 PM »
I have the XL Jet Sled, if I run out of room I'm going to have to get another sled and pull them in tandem.   ;D

Then you could be just like your “buddy” on the “other” site!
LMBO!!!!! ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Dec 09, 2018, 10:47 PM »
Then you could be just like your “buddy” on the “other” site!
LMBO!!!!! ;D

That'll NEVER EVER happen.  Actually I have a plan for a bigger sled if and when I run out of room.  I'm going to get a ten or twelve foot john boat, take out the seats, and build compartments for my gear. 

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 10, 2018, 06:41 AM »
LOL! Now where did you ever come up with an idea like that???!!!   ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Dec 10, 2018, 05:37 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I don't know, it could've been a spin off of a friend's operation dingy.   :)

Offline Cousin weakeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 10, 2018, 06:38 PM »
Just put together my clam plate

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.