Author Topic: SINK OR SWIM  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
SINK OR SWIM
« on: Dec 23, 2022, 11:22 AM »
Dec. 11 was the last post of any kind on this once very busy fishn. site

What has happened?  Is there no one who has questions about ice fishing Alberta?

Here's one,  I am looking at getting one of the one man huts,  anyone use one and what did you think of it.

I think the owners of this site must be considering shutting it down from absolute lack of use.

Let's get it going fellow fisher people

SHOTGUN

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: SINK OR SWIM
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2022, 02:07 PM »
Well  there ya go.

53 reads zero reply.

Won't be long and our once busy site will be a gonner

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2022, 07:30 PM »
Well from far away, I'll say if you are going to get a hut, go for the quality like Otter.  I had 2 of them and they last and last just like the Energizer Bunny. 

Offline sureshott

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2022, 11:26 AM »
It's sad to see the way this site has gone. If I were you I'd go with and eskimo quickfish 2, it gives you a bit more room than the one man tents. and some of the one mans are cheaply built from what I've heard.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2022, 12:34 PM »
I would agree with sureshott about the Quickfish 2, but I would go for the Quickfish 2i which is insulated. I have the Quickfish 3i and really like it. One feature I like about Eskimo shelters is removable windows in case one should crack or get scratched. Eskimo customer service is known to be good also.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline VelocitySk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2022, 12:19 PM »
I bought a gently used Eskimo EVO 1 Man Crossover Shelter for when it's just me and i love it. Wish it was insulated but it's fine with a heater. It's a sled mounted unit but pops up with a couple of poles, easy setup and fast. I use 6 foam "workout" mats that are numbered and drilled out for my two holes, one for fishing and one for camera and flasher.   Setup a small folding plastic table in the middle between them and good to go.   Came with a Built in good metal padded "suspension" swivel seat thats comfy all day long. I'd totally recommend a single man unit as they are light to pull around and easy to set up/take down if you want to move.   I bought a couple dog leashes from the dollar store, bolted a couple rings to sled at front and pull it around. Looking for a good harness now to make the longer pulls even easier.

And i totally miss the Ice Shanty busy days of past, i hate the facebook use compared to the Forums we all used to use for our hobby info.

Db

Offline calgary-john

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2022, 08:38 PM »
I'd like to get the Otter 1 Man Pull over.  Looks like it would be very comfortable   I think most people that were active here have gone over to the AO forum.

Offline Walks on Water

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2022, 07:46 PM »
I think most people that were active here have gone over to the AO forum.

Or just don't really post on forums much these days.

Early 2000s when talking about fishing online was a new thing I shared much more than I do now.(remember Doc Monteith's old Fishing Alberta board?) Eventually the snarky comments about photos I'd post or people demanding I share information with them and getting pissy when I didn't made me just not bother much anymore.

It's too bad because I met a lot of good people on forums back then, some I still fish with.

Offline sureshott

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2023, 10:54 AM »
Or just don't really post on forums much these days.

Early 2000s when talking about fishing online was a new thing I shared much more than I do now.(remember Doc Monteith's old Fishing Alberta board?) Eventually the snarky comments about photos I'd post or people demanding I share information with them and getting pissy when I didn't made me just not bother much anymore.

It's too bad because I met a lot of good people on forums back then, some I still fish with.

There is so many toxic and jealous people on the forums now. Same reason I stopped posting.

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2023, 06:01 PM »
Got to say, a thread that like this where members complain about a site going downhill and in the same post admit why they don't post anymore...
If you want to  know why sites die, look in the mirror.

Or put up...a fishing report  ;D
I'll read them.  I just had 7 trips to Pigeon without a white.  What are you guys getting?

Offline Walks on Water

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2023, 09:42 PM »
Got to say, a thread that like this where members complain about a site going downhill and in the same post admit why they don't post anymore...

I'll read them.  I just had 7 trips to Pigeon without a white.  What are you guys getting?

You know how I've been doing. ;)

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 07, 2023, 03:09 PM »

Make that 8 trips no whites.  Moving on to another lake.  Will check in at Pigeon here and there....maybe.

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 07, 2023, 06:18 PM »
Make that 8 trips no whites.  Moving on to another lake.  Will check in at Pigeon here and there....maybe.
Thats strange how long have they been netting it again.

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2023, 07:11 AM »
Thats strange how long have they been netting it again.

No commercial netting is happening at Pigeon.  I actually do not see any sustenance netting either out there this year yet.   So, not even a net is getting whites...  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.