Author Topic: Spoonnows/ wax worm shaped spoon  (Read 635 times)

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Spoonnows/ wax worm shaped spoon
« on: Jan 20, 2022, 08:09 AM »
Hey all, hope everyone's season is cranking along nicely. My now wife had bought me some of these off of Etsy I believe and I did some research and found a guy named Cory Eggert I believe may have been the hook up. I also found an account on eBay that is/was possibly him. I have tried messaging these accounts a few times the past couple years with no response. I am mainly looking for these spoon/ jig blanks if they exist or if anyone knows of a hook up. I Know there are similar lures but sometimes you just gotta have that one specific thing... Anyway here's some stuff I've found if anyone can help I'd appreciate it!  -sam

Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Spoonnows/ wax worm shaped spoon
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2022, 11:21 AM »
Thanks, I might pick up a couple of those to try. I wish they had smaller sizes like a ¾"

Offline Hatandboots

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2022, 01:24 PM »
Won't the fish just bite the worm and not the treble? I thought the whole point of using a wax worm is to tip the hook, so that they target the hook? At least for tentative fish, or cautious bites.

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2022, 02:13 PM »
Won't the fish just bite the worm and not the treble?

That bottom picture is one of the spoons I used to have, I took the picture. It's perch pattern, the pattern/ paint could be a multitude of colors. I just really liked the profile and weight of these spoons. As you can see in my picture I had it tipped with spikes, which worked very well for me. It's more of a confidence thing for me, I guess, just really hoping to even find blanks of these spoons.

Offline Hatandboots

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2022, 02:39 PM »
Oh I didnt see that picture at first, tipping the wax worm imitation with wax worms haha

That would for sure work in my lakes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.