Author Topic: Rockin em at Rockport  (Read 1495 times)

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
Rockin em at Rockport
« on: Jan 18, 2023, 10:40 PM »
We are having a get together at Rockport Res. I have got Prizes for biggest Perch caught Hourly. And biggest for the day.
We will go from 8:00 am till 1:00 pm. We will go left off the boat ramp about 700 yards in the middle of the res. Look
for a big Guy in brown camo and white mickey mouse boots. I'll be on my track sled. I fly 2 flags on the sled behind.
Every one is welcome. No cost. Looks like the weather will be cold enough that the shore shouldn't be a problem. I will
bring my track sled ramp. You're welcome to use. I just need you perch hounds to come show us how to catch the Big Un's.
See you there. HH

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Rockin em at Rockport
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2023, 08:27 AM »
sounds fun but i am heading to the gorge in the morning for the weekend good luck to you guys

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2023, 10:38 PM »
Sounds like a great time Glen but I'll be celebrating my 7yo daughter and 2yo grand daughter birthday parties. This weather is looking in your guys favor for a good weekend. Looking forward to see the report
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2023, 01:22 PM »
Glen, I assume you’re putting this on Saturday?? I’m also fishing the gorge Saturday but may run up that way Monday. My desire for perch tacos has only gotten worse the last few weeks.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2023, 09:56 AM »
Yes we had the perch palooza sorry for not seeing this till now. We fished in 47 feet of water.
In the middle of the res. way south of the boat ramp. We caught a few fish for the prizes
but not an over abundance the bite was tough. If you go on Monday, you being the big
strong guy that you are, I would go out of the far south bathrooms. Walk north till you see
the rocky points to your left. Looks like the best bite is coming in around 40 feet deep. Let
us know how you do. BTW did you get your mack attack covered the other day? LOL PM me if
you have a question. I love to help. There is still a lot of Perch in there to be caught. HH

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2023, 03:04 PM »
No big deal at all! The biggest reason for my lack of perch branching out this year has been us selling our house and buying another. Always something to do over the weekend and meeting with people on Mondays. It looks like that’s happening again tomorrow so I probably won’t be going. But I’ve got my stuff ready in case there’s a cancellation!
Trent Williams

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2023, 07:13 PM »
Oh by the way, I did luck into a little money at the Mack attack derby. Great turnout and big money for a small time local derby!
Trent Williams

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.