Author Topic: New NWT Resident!!!  (Read 5540 times)

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
New NWT Resident!!!
« on: Oct 19, 2008, 01:26 AM »
Hey Guys!!
I've been on the site awhile and normally posted pics from New Brunswick!!  I just moved to Fort Simpson NT about 3 weeks for work and have all my gear for some fishing and hunting with me, new ski-doo purchased as well.

I hear some amazing stories about the NWT and I can't wait to experience the fishing up this way.
I'm right on the river here but i'm not sure what the ice fishin would like. seems to have a good swift current running through it!

Hope to see you boys on the ice some where!

Cheers

Phill

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: New NWT Resident!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Yeah your that easterner that likes burbot......you are wise beyond your years Whitefish Slayer ;)
Welcome to the great white north.

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2008, 01:44 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!

Well thank so far it's been an amazing adventure beautiful country

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Hey Guys!!
I've been on the site awhile and normally posted pics from New Brunswick!!  I just moved to Fort Simpson NT about 3 weeks for work and have all my gear for some fishing and hunting with me, new ski-doo purchased as well.

I hear some amazing stories about the NWT and I can't wait to experience the fishing up this way.
I'm right on the river here but i'm not sure what the ice fishin would like. seems to have a good swift current running through it!

Hope to see you boys on the ice some where!

Cheers

Phill

Welcome to the frigid north Slayer!!!!
What posessed you to move to Simpson?
The closest I have come to Simpson is driving past the cutoff on the way to Alaska for my vacation.  :D
If the fishing is anything like I had in Ft. Smith (lived there for a year) there should be good pike, ling, walleye and whitefish to be had.
Make sure you post your successes and failures, and don't hit the ice until the locals do. I don't want to hear about you in News North.

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2008, 10:57 AM »
Good luck up there Whitefish Slayer. I want to see lots of pic .
hook and cook

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2008, 02:56 PM »
Good luck up there Whitefish Slayer. I want to see lots of pic .

Thanks a million man!!
I wanna see some pics of "Home" too let them have it!!

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2008, 10:28 PM »
I have seen photos of some mighty big lake trout and pike from the NWT's you picked a good area for fishing.
While you are there don't forget to try the Arctic graying,dolly varden, Arctic char and inconnu also called shefish or coney.
Good luck to you Whitefish Slayer. :) :tipup:

WW

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2008, 11:34 PM »
That's the plan..
Once I figure this place out a little more it will be much better.. I'm still in the learning process there now

thanks

Offline WPT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2008, 12:15 PM »
I had the opportunity to guide on the Mackenzie River this summer and let me tell you, living in Fort Simpson you are in for some fun come spring!  That river is teeming with monster pike (Probably not fishable in the winter though).

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2008, 02:51 PM »
I had the opportunity to guide on the Mackenzie River this summer and let me tell you, living in Fort Simpson you are in for some fun come spring!  That river is teeming with monster pike (Probably not fishable in the winter though).

Why would you say they aren't fishable in the winter?  :whistle:
There is plenty of winter fishable water on the Mackenzie. Just make sure you find out about the dangerous spots from the locals.
Heck by Christmas time we have an ice road crossing just upriver of where the Ft. Providence ferry is.

Offline WPT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2008, 11:42 AM »
Sorry man, like I said, I wasn't sure about the ice conditions on the river, haven't been there in the winter myself I had just been told that where we were, you couldn't sled to the lodge in the winter because the current prevented the ice from getting thick enough.  I was pretty close to the river mouth, so I could see the ice being more solid further downstream. Totally forgot that they cross at Fort Providence in the winter.  Do you know if Beaver Lake freezes solid? 

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2008, 05:26 PM »
whitefishslayer you get out fishin yet er wha????
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.