Canada > Ice Fishing North West Territories

Last Weekends Adventure

<< < (2/2)

mcwoody:
great shots man!  and those are COLD temps!  anywhere.

duke1:
Very nice pics. say hello to my uncle Wally for me.  ;) owns that novalty store in the mall. Good old Ragged Ass Road. i was up there a couple yrs ago fishing at Lake Awry.. 6 days.. wsih i was still there. 

thndrvlly:
i will never complain about the cold or the thickness of the ice again didnt realize how easy we have it down here. awesome pics that is so cool!!!!

engineman:
Get some ciscoes and head up the winter road to the second large lake it crosses. Fish about 150 yards off the large island on your left as you're going north.....monster lake trout in there. I lived in YK for 7 years and fished my brains out. Best fishing Ive ever had. The lakers like the ciscoes the best. Natural to the whole area.
You'll find the holes from alot of other guys. Use themas a guide. They for the most part at least, know what they're doing and where to fish up that road. Be careful!! there's some places that have hot spots under the ice and there may be only a couple inches or even less!!! Good Luck and stay safe!

Drifter_016:

--- Quote from: engineman on Mar 09, 2009, 05:29 PM ---Get some ciscoes and head up the winter road to the second large lake it crosses. Fish about 150 yards off the large island on your left as you're going north.....monster lake trout in there. I lived in YK for 7 years and fished my brains out. Best fishing Ive ever had. The lakers like the ciscoes the best. Natural to the whole area.
You'll find the holes from alot of other guys. Use themas a guide. They for the most part at least, know what they're doing and where to fish up that road. Be careful!! there's some places that have hot spots under the ice and there may be only a couple inches or even less!!! Good Luck and stay safe!

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info.  :)
This is my third winter here (second ice fishing) I have a good collection of ciscoes in the freezer. I think I have 7 or 8 dozen left.  ;)
I have seen a few of the spring areas already (pretty weird to see open water when it's been -40 for 2 months.      ???   I tend to stick to the well used trails as drowning is not high on my list of things to do. Thanks for the lake info, I'll have to get up there before the season ends. There are so many lakes to fish and so little time.  ;D             

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version