Pennsylvania > Ice Fishing Pennsylvania

Gas or Electric hole auger

<< < (2/7) > >>

mitcher:
I have the Strikemaster 24v. I have no complaints.

Splattypus:
Auger units for the drill powered setups can usually be found for $120-$200. If you've got a powerful drill, or in my case need a good set of power tools at home anyway and want to multipurpose, they're a great route. But if you're starting from scratch, cost of drill, batteries, and auger will put you in the Ion price range in a hurry.

One thing you can do is recycle your auger attachment to a drill with an adapter. Not quite as lightweight, and sometimes a little finicky getting the hole started, but still very effective and easier on the budget

Iceassin:
Depends on where you're at and how often you fish.

Around here, our season is short and the ice would be lucky to make it to 8" most seasons. I can't justify going to anything more than a drill/auger set up.

If I were somewhere that the winters were "months" long with ice 12"+, I might consider a gas or electric auger.

hardwater diehard:
LazzEvan  add your location to your profile..could be a deal right in your neighborhood.

kautz88:
I run the drill 8.5in or a nils 6in with dewalt 1/2in 20 volt and would never go back to messing with gas I love this setup up its very light. I do some hiking around the river banks were I can’t take a sled so I take a pack and carry my auger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version