Pennsylvania > Ice Fishing Pennsylvania

RAIN

<< < (2/18) > >>

BIGDEERHUNTER63:

--- Quote from: fishon814 on Dec 19, 2022, 05:33 PM ---Glad I don't live there!

--- End quote ---

The next 3 days in Johnstown are in the mid to upper 40s then a few days after Christmas a whole week in the 40s .

digger953:

--- Quote from: fishon814 on Dec 19, 2022, 05:33 PM ---Glad I don't live there!

--- End quote ---
:o

MumbleSEED:
Weather is crazy and so are the weather reports sometimes.  I'll continue to hold out hope for whatever comes our way. If you guys are venturing out even checking conditions though please remember to have as many safety precautions as possible.  I know I'll be out there checking things out shortly after Christmas if not the day after.   

Weather starting to trend in the right direction depends on what station and what website, app etc you look.  I'm not into "good vibes" like the snowflake crowds so lets just hope and pray we are walking on water sooner than later.

RuttNutt:

--- Quote from: BIGDEERHUNTER63 on Dec 19, 2022, 12:39 PM ---With the jet stream plunging into the center of the country and PA being on the warm side heavy rain and temp. in the 50s to near 60 on Friday before the cold front comes through any ice will be lost on Friday. Then the high winds on Sat. and Sun .will prevent ice formation even though the temps will be very cold . It will be a month till you can get on the ice .

--- End quote ---

I don’t know where you are, but around us (in the Poconos) there is 3-6” of ice on our lakes and about a foot of snow on the ground. That snow will soak up a LOT of rain! Sure, there will be some shoreline issues on those lakes that get a lot of runoff but I’m betting a lot of the lakes will be fine. And no way are we gonna lose 6” of ice!

Temps are supposed to plummet quickly on Friday after the front comes thru- They say some places will see a 60* drop in a matter of hours................ 😳😳😳

I won’t be able to fish until Monday due to family plans, but I am confident I will be on the ice fishing somewhere on 12/26! 😉

Steidyj:
I am also confident, and willing to drive, that I will be walking on water on 12/26/22 as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version