Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Label on tipups ?

<< < (5/5)

Iceassin:

--- Quote from: the harvester on Dec 09, 2022, 10:23 AM ---I was told that by a co himself … he said theory is pretty much just like you said if it’s not in your hand how is he supposed to know who’s it is if there is a group of people . Maybe he was lying to me . Call yourself and ask them if you think I’m wrong but that’s what he told me

--- End quote ---

No. I believe and not disagreeing with you. Just stating that I've been wrong all these years. Never gave it much thought other than the tipups.

the harvester:
Oh got ya . Yeah I had one in a holder and his reasoning was if he counted extra lines without names we could just say nope not ours

ftwwalleye:
Yeah I even put my info on my jawjackers and deadstick holders. Not worth the hassle. I've never had them check them but I've prob been stopped by dnr on the ice more times then I've been checked for fly fishing

krispcritter:
Here in New York when we had to label them, I just used the cheap address labels that would come in the mail and cover them with packing tape. Cheap and easy.

scout 2:
Most of mine were bought in the early 60's. I used the tap tags that you could get at that time. These tags were just a piece of thin aluminum which you took an ink pin and wrote our name and address on. There are about 1/2 wide and maybe 2 inches long. Been checked many times on some of the lakes south of Allegan. I used that 5 min epoxy glue to fasten them on

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version