Pennsylvania > Ice Fishing Pennsylvania

Cooks Pond

<< < (2/5) > >>

Arkansaspete2:
Not shure if this is any help looks like couple body’s of water just north in n. Wysox.lake  Wesauking the biggest the other 2 are more like ponds Shores pond and Blacks lake. Good luck if you go . A/P :tipup: :

fishon814:

--- Quote from: Arkansaspete2 on Jan 10, 2023, 11:06 AM ---Not shure if this is any help looks like couple body’s of water just north in n. Wysox.lake  Wesauking the biggest the other 2 are more like ponds Shores pond and Blacks lake. Good luck if you go . A/P :tipup: :

--- End quote ---

Those might be frack water containment ponds

butcher:
Thanks for the replies ArkansasPete and fishon814.

There is one pond on Rte 6 near the Claverack office in Wysox that's been there for years (called Claverack Pond). I believe it's a fire pond used to fill tanker trucks. I'm not familiar with any of the other three lakes/ponds mentioned. I know there has been a ton of fracking in that area for many years so it's possible some could have been used for fracking.

Follow up questions:

1) Do you know anything about Wesauking, Shores or Blacks lake? Are they public or private lakes?  Species?

2) I did an internet search and found a reference to Bumps Bait in Towanda but they have no website. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

fishon814:
Haven't been up that way in a couple years, most of the best bait shops where I live closed the last 3 years to where it's hard to find bait even where it's in high demand in winter!

Clam Sr.:
There are a few public places to fish not far from Towanda.
1. Sunfish Pond County Park within SGL 12. It gets stocked with trout and has a decent panfish and pickerel population. Not an easy place to fish but there are good ones for the catching if you are in the right place at the right time.
2. Shepherds Pond - SGL 250. The upper pond has good panfish, bass and pickerel fishing. It's weedy and can be a tough place to fish as well due to the weeds and easy public access.
3. Cooks Pond as was mentioned earlier is a county park as well now. easy access to the pond. has a lot of panfish and bass, lots of dinks but good fish are there if you can find them.
4. Foster Joseph Sayers Lake - Mt. Pisgah state park lake is also a good lake to fish. It gets murky quick after rain or run-off events, but I've heard good things.
5. SGL 289 Pond - not far from Mt. Pisgah SP has good access and good fishing, again the fishing can be challenging due to easy access.

Bait shops in Bradford County:
1. Ruttin Bucks near Wyalusing has bait (minnows included)
2. Bumps Bait and Tackle off of SR 220 north of New Albany i've heard has minnows and bait as well.
A quick google search will find the addresses for both.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version