Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 212320 times)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #510 on: Nov 24, 2022, 07:09 AM »
HAPPY  THANKSGIVING  EVERYBODY!!!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #511 on: Nov 24, 2022, 07:25 AM »
Happy thanksgiving day everyone
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #512 on: Nov 24, 2022, 07:48 AM »
 Good Morning, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and your families. Sunshine and mostly blue sky where I'm at this morning have not checked on the temperature.
Tomturkey sorry to hear your wife now has problems with her hands and a pelvis fracture to deal with best wished for her. May those coming for today's celebration assist in getting the big meal to the table.
Bart hope all is good with you . May you also have a Happy Thanksgiving.

While i visited my local Office Depot yesterday to start search for a new computer realize because of changes over the years will likely need to switch modem,router and printer and possibly have to get a new phone. Most units now use USB ports my 12 year old computer has cables with different types of connection methods. going to do more research and visited the local Best Buy after the rush of Black Friday.

I see after this page fills we only have 7 more to reach a combined total of 1,000 pages between the new and old 9:45 threads.

I will check back later today or wait until Friday o reply to what was posted on Wednesday.

Safe travels wished to all hitting the roadways today or your guests. Enjoy your celebrations give thanks for your blessing. also say a thank you to those who are workng today to serve our various needs.

Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #513 on: Nov 24, 2022, 08:17 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 to Everyone
Take a kid ice fishing

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #514 on: Nov 24, 2022, 09:57 AM »
Congratulations on your winnings WW..
👍👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #515 on: Nov 24, 2022, 10:15 AM »
Whoa  :o  I didn't even check to see who won, just figured it wasn't going to be me  :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #516 on: Nov 24, 2022, 10:44 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #517 on: Nov 24, 2022, 10:46 AM »
 :clap:
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #518 on: Nov 24, 2022, 10:48 AM »
Almost ready

Bud

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #519 on: Nov 24, 2022, 10:58 AM »
Looks awesome Bud.  Have a great thanksgiving..

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #520 on: Nov 24, 2022, 12:15 PM »
Almost ready

Beautiful table  :thumbsup: :bow: :clap:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #521 on: Nov 25, 2022, 03:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Hope everyone enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving yesterday!  :thumbsup:
  Cloudy and calm 35* to start Black Friday, some showers possible this morning, high of 45.

Wally…CONGRATULATIONS on your win in the contest, way to go!!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  How was the blackberry pie?????   ;D
  Bud…what a fine looking table, well done!  :clap:
  Steve…safe travels home today if you’ll be on the road, hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving visit with your family!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff..good luck with today’s hunting if that’s on the planner!   :thumbsup:

Had a nice dinner with most of the family yesterday, one of my sons had to work but came by later in the evening.
  Took a ride mid morning yesterday to check on a local shallow lake. Was surprised to see it had first ice on it already, although that will be short lived with the temperatures expected over the next few days…but it’s happening again!!!   ;D
  Spoke to a few of my old coworkers yesterday and got the  :thumbsup: on the pepper jelly. Understand a few of them took meatballs at lunch, split them in half, then slathered some of the HOT habanero blueberry jelly on them…called them “ turbo balls “ !!  :roflmao:  Guess it was a hit as the request for more next time was asked, I don’t know how they do it, lol.
  Off to the Dr.’s this am for an appointment and then maybe look for some deals online…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #522 on: Nov 25, 2022, 05:04 AM »

Good morning ER's anyome hitting Black Friday mania? Bud that's some set up you got. I think the ice here could be toast now so switch out a couple reels and take a look at 3rd Jr. tarp. Leftovers for lunch. WW congrats on your drawing prizes. Eddie those bombs your crew made up are a great idea but nor for me, can't handle hot stuff. Have a great day stay safe have fun and chill.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #523 on: Nov 25, 2022, 05:05 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....that table was fit for a king  :thumbsup:

Eddie....a little "flavor" is good but HOT is a bit more than I can handle  :pinch:  the pie (a la mode) went down pretty easy  ;D

IW....sounds like the trip to Saratoga should become a regular occurrence with the $$ saved  :thumbsup:

WS....fingers crossed your sister and b-i-l stay well and you get a chance to visit soon  ;)

H2L....hope MrsH2 was able to enjoy some "real" food yesterday   :whistle:

MrC......good luck with the computer shopping, should be some decent deals around  ;)2

Hope everyone had a nice dinner yesterday  :)  Good luck to any Black Friday shoppers and to all hitting the woods/water  :flex: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy, enjoy those turkey sandwiches  :woot:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #524 on: Nov 25, 2022, 05:06 AM »
33* and they say some rain on the way.

IFF, great looking table, wonder what the "after" looked like.

Eddie, hope you find some deals on-line today.

We had a great Thanksgiving. Rocky stayed overnight; he is a bed hog.

Talked to one of the guys that hunts the area just West of where I now hunt. He hunts with 5 or 6 family members most of the time. They have killed one buck so far this year, that is not like them, they hurt pretty hard.

Not sure what is planned for today, may get the deer to the processer.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #525 on: Nov 25, 2022, 08:09 AM »
H2L, something like this?

Family and friends, daughter being a college grad chef, just had to show off her skills 😁
Bud

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #526 on: Nov 25, 2022, 08:26 AM »
Looks delicious Bud. Glad you had a good thanksgiving..👍👍

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #527 on: Nov 25, 2022, 08:53 AM »
IFF, looks GREAT, thanks for sharing...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #528 on: Nov 25, 2022, 08:22 PM »
 Good evening ,Happy to read everyone had a nice Thanksgiving . Nice meal and day spent with my sister and BIL a former coworker of my sister's cam over around 2 PM This lady recently lost her partner of twenty years and is over whelmed getting and keeping track of the information needed to settle his estate and pay taxes. So she needed time with friends. I'm a step closer to having a new computer visit the Best Buy in my sister's area found a H-P model that will suit my needs now trying to figure out if I will need a new modem and router. I may purchase the router and stop or lower monthly equipment charge fee from my internet service provider. I did purchase a Black Friday special H-P wireless printer at $45.00 dollars savings over normal price. Going to visit my local best Buy as price on computer was not a special but model will suit my needs and fit my budget still have to think about Micro Softs's update plan,cost of computer set up,etc.
Ice Wander may you have completed the snow chiseling and spent a good thanksgiving with family. Besides Newburgh and Christian Brothers Academy playing in the Class AA NY..public high school foot ball semi-final game this Saturday another team from my area will be be playing in the Class C semifinal. .James I. O'neill of Highland Falls,NY. will play against Warrensburg from your region of NY.
Fish/hunt4ever best to your wife with the elbow surgery may the outcome be positive this time. I hope the first ice fishing trip of 20022-2023 season was a good one.
Eddie glad you had a good day with the family .May all have gone well at the doctors.
Old Goat may you not have to wait to long for new ice to form again on local lakes.
Hunts2long congratulations once more to your brother and you nice looking bucks. may your wife have been able to enjoy real food yesterday.
IFF nicely set table your daughter display her training and cooking talents well between the way table was set up to the big feast. I assume the china was part of Janice's collection.

May everyone have a nice weekend remember tomorrow is Small Business Saturday so if shopping visit the local merchants and help out your local economy. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #529 on: Nov 25, 2022, 10:01 PM »
Well hopefully one of these days will catch the fish that sets the flag off. Went out for a afternoon bite and stayed until 730 when I started to puck up all the gear, the wife was with and the boy, we started a fire and cooked some hot dogs over it. Missed one flag and that is why I decided to puck up as nothing much happening and no camper to hang out in and wait for the blue typz to sound alarm saying fish has taken the bait. Might do that tomorrow if all works out, but not sure, was nice to find 4 inches of ice at this spot. Have a good one everyone.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #530 on: Nov 26, 2022, 05:19 AM »
Good morning. 32* and look like some clouds.

Mr.C, the wife did enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner. She liked it even better, the girls did a lot of the work but the wife was still tired out yesterday.

Didn't get the deer to the processer last night, doing it this morning.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #531 on: Nov 26, 2022, 05:43 AM »

Good morning H2l, ER's,
                          It's 32* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          H2l.........Your deer should be ready to process after this length of hanging time, weather permitting, I like mine to hang 2 weeks. :flex:
                          Steve......My mail carrier son is the coach for Warrensburg and her grandson is playing in the game. She told me that she's attending
                the game today in Middletown. ;D
                          Eddie......That must be some Jam. :whistle: I'm glad that you and your family had a nice get together, sorry that one son had to work. :whistle:
                          Fish........At least you have fishable ice, good luck next time out. :thumbsup:
                          Bud........That was a beautiful table setting, I'm sure the food was an excellent addition. :clap:
                          OG.........Hopefully the weather will change and new ice forms for you. :unsure:
                          When I was posting about my trip to Maine, there were two pictures I couldn't find, I thought they got lost in Cyber Space. I will share
                them today.
                          I'm a little sore today, I hunted all day yesterday and I did see a mall spike but let him go so he can get bigger, he looked a little scrawny.
                Then last night I went to #2 son's to watch their kids while they went out with friend for a birthday dinner for my DIL. I didn't get home till 11pm.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and healthy.

IW

Hunting camp after the first foot of snow

A couple of Moose playing in the road

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #532 on: Nov 26, 2022, 05:55 AM »
Good Morning H2, Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  A bit windy here this morning, 35* with a high of 49 expected today.

FH4…good luck today if you make it back out on the ice!  :thumbsup:  Not sure what size baits you’re using, but maybe downsizing or adding a small stinger hook could be worth a try?  :icefish:
  Steve…glad you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving with your family and very nice your sisters friend was able to attend in her time of need, very difficult time.  :clap:  Good luck with the new computer setup and finding some good deal$! Best of luck to the teams today, appears we have a North VS. South day in High School Football matchups!  ;D
  Bud…mighty fine looking Thanksgiving dinner, kudos to your daughter putting her talents on display! I’m sure Janice was proud being a part of that!  :bow:  :clap:
  H2…glad you had wonderful Thanksgiving with the family!  Best wishes to your wife today feeling better.  :clap: :thumbsup:   Found a few deals yesterday and put them in the cart, must admit, this online shopping is not what I’m use to. I like to see what I’m buying, but no traffic or crowds was a plus!  ;D.
   Wally…agree on the HOT stuff, it’s not for me either…but I couldn’t jar anything I didn’t sample first, lol, all I can say on that Habanero jelly batch is WOW!  :nono: :woot:  Had a former coworker down at the old shop who was from the Dominican Republic and had a problem saying any word with a J, like joke…he would say “ that’s no yoke “ all the time, and so would the crew in good jesting. Thought it was only fitting to name the HOT jelly, “No Yoke”, the boys loved that, lol.   Had no doubt that blackberry pie was amazing, just had to punish myself!   ;D
  OG..glad you got to scratch the itch on some early ice before it went bad, way to go!  :clap:  I’m no fan of the HOT stuff either, Jalapeńos make for a nice enjoyable hint of heat without setting a forest fire from start to finish, lol.  ;D
  Jeff…best of luck if you’re setting up on one of those Adirondack bucks this afternoon! Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures, love the hunting camp!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…what’s on the planner today…checking any more ice on the lakes?  Will be anxiously waiting for the Shamu trips!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…hope all is going well up in the Great North and a cabin trip report is coming soon! Stay safe… :thumbsup:
  Tom…thanks for checking in, miss your posting Sir! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family!   :thumbsup:

Dr.s appointment went ok, had a new Dr. yesterday as mine was on vacation, seems most of the staff was as well. Had a young nurse taking my vitals…thought she was going blow up the bag or totally cutoff my circulation taking my BP. What seemed like 10 minutes later she finally released the pressure and told me my numbers were high…I told her that didn’t surprise me, not blowing my finger tips off did however!  ;D  Had another BP taken about 15 minutes later, the normal way, BP was spot on…go figure.
  One son out pursuing the elusive whitetails this morning, hopefully get a good message this morning…Cawfee’s on!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #533 on: Nov 26, 2022, 07:16 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....online shopping definitely has it's perks  ;)  glad you passed the 2nd bp test and didn't lose any finger tips :thumbsup:

IW.....hope you get a chance to rest up today  :)  thanks for sharing the pics   :clap:

TT.....sorry to see MrsTT is still having problems, continued thoughts and prayers sent  :(

H2L.....good to hear MrsH2 was able to enjoy dinner and didn't have to do all the work  :thumbsup:

MrC.....glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your sister, b-i-l and their friend  :clap:

WS....what's on the planner today  ???

Still a couple pieces left Eddie  :whistle:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #534 on: Nov 26, 2022, 07:47 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

37 degrees heading into the mid 50's later this afternoon :cookoo:

IW...Excellent pictures :thumbsup:

Eddie...Our ice is about shot. We went by a few lakes yesterday and the ice  looked like mid March ice :%$#!: Now the guessers are talking some cooler air mid week but also some snow which is exactly what we don't need.

WW... We are just hanging out at home today.

Yesterday the girls wanted to go for a road trip so I decided I might as well join them. We made a big loop stopping off at a couple sports shops on the WI side, stopping at the shack and continuing on home. I did find some small pistol primers for $50 a thousand and some large rifle primers for the same price. I didn't need either one but the price was better than I have seen around home so I grabbed some. They also had various rifle and pistol powders for a decent price so I bought  few pounds.

The WI deer rifle season is into the final weekend. I was very surprised with the very few hunters we did spot. Things around the shack were quiet so we grabbed a couple camera cards we still had out then continued on. The girls found a few things along the way but for the most part it was just an enjoyable ride. For being Black Friday most of the stops we made were fairly crowed free which surprised me.

Hope you all have a good Saturday :thumbsup: Best of luck to the hunters :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #535 on: Nov 26, 2022, 03:35 PM »

Guess I was wrong the ice made it people out still not many need it to make another 36hrs, and should be good for?

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #536 on: Nov 26, 2022, 08:51 PM »
Good evening pleasant day weatherwise blue sky with 5-10 mph winds. think we reached the upper fifties this afternoon. The Scout troop connect to the church I attend was seling Christmas wreaths ordered one for my maternial grand parents grave picked it up this afternoon pleased with the appearance and quality came decorated with a red bow and pine cones. Looks as nice as the lowest priced wreaths at supermarkets and other stores. only $15.00 and the troop gets to keep a portion of the money raised. At least one foot ball team fro my section of New York will be playing in a state championship game. James I.Oneill won their game against Warrensburg/North Warren/Lake George by a score of 41-22. O'neill was trailing at halftime but comeback strong in the 3Rd and 4Th quarters scoring 28 unanswered points. oO'eill's denfense held Warrensburg to one first down in the third quarter. Warrensburg entered the game unbeaten with a (12-0) record O'neill entered with an (11-2) record. O'neill will now play Lackawanna a 2 time state champion Saturday Dec.4 TH at the JMA Wireless Dome (former Carrier Dome0 in Syracuse,NY.. Lackawanna resprents Ny.section 6 ,Oneill reprents ny. Section 9 first time in program history to my knowledge they will play for a state football championship.
Ice Wanderer after some rest may the soreness have left your body. happy birthday to your DIL . Thank you for the hunting camp photos. your group my want to keep some snow shovels and a roof rake at the camp for future use in similar conditons. Just curious is any member of your hunting group a maine resident and if so did they have a moose tag. I know it is hard to get a Moose tag and usually a once in a lifetime hunt. also realize the moose and deer hunting seasons may not overlap each other. When you next talk with your mail carrier pass my congratulations onto her coach son and grandson not the outcome they wanted still not many coaches and players can say they were part of a state semi-final championship game. Best ot both of them and the Warrensburg team next year.
Eddie I believe the Christian brothers -Newburgh game started at 6 PM I will check on results later and make a late night post or post on Sunday morning. Glad you friends/former coworkers enjoyed the pepper jelly. if you ever decide to grow more peppers and you and the wife start selling the product at local farmers market think you have company name. Mason Eddie's No Yoke its hot pepper jellies. Good to hear you finger tips are still attached and the second blood pressure reading fell into the "normal ' range.  I hope you received a message with good news from whichever of your sons was deer hunting today.
Wallyworld enjoy what is left of the blackberry pie if you have not already consumed it. my sister made a bourbon  chocolate chip pecan pie for dessert served it with vanilla ice cream or Redi-whip cream topping. she was a little concerned about making a pecan pie the last one she baked looked good but fell apart when you sliced it and tried to serve slices. thankfully the pie stayed together recipe only called for two tablespoons of bourbon  after all of us eating a slice my BIL,sister's co-worker friend and I all said the pie could of used my bourbon flavoring. My sister,BIL and I are not big consumers of alcohol yet alone hard distilled spirits. she had purchased two nip bottles of Jim Bean and only used one. I'm wondering if she could substitute maple syrup aged in old bourbon barrels to get the bourbon flavor and the maple syrup would replace the corn syrup in recipe.
Whopper Stopper may you get the colder weather and little of the snow which will hinder ice formation. Glad you and the girls had a nice road trip you found primers and gun powder that you use at decent prices. Also happy the shack was found in good shape.
Old goat may there not be a need for any ice rescues in your area as some people continue to ice fish on what may be questionable ice.

May everyone keep healthy and safe. If you were searching for black Friday deals may you have found items you were looking for at reduced prices. best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #537 on: Nov 27, 2022, 03:04 AM »
Good morning from Missouri, left Tennessee 1Am Saturday got to the friends place about 10 am had a few white knuckle moments driving through the freezing foggy places on the way.  Packed along my chainsaw to cut some firewood, and clear a couple trees that had fallen blocking the driveway into their wood lot. Wanted to get more cut and ready for the splitter, but rain showed up and still raining as I type

Will be onto the daughters home in Iowa sometime late afternoon to get the needed basement  drywall finished.  I didn’t find any Black Friday specials that I was interested in pulling  the trigger on. 

Hope your ice firms up and stays on safe side OG.  No plans set in stone yet but Christmas this year may be In Beloit.

Stay safe and enjoy your day

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #538 on: Nov 27, 2022, 04:02 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                           It's 36* and clear here on my hill. Rain is suppose to move in this afternoon. ::)
                           Bud.........Be carefull driving in those foggy areas. :blink:
                           Marv........It sounds like you and the girls had a nice ride around the loop. :thumbsup: I hope as the temperature drops the snow
             is on the light side. :unsure:
                           Eddie.......I think some of those young nurses look at us older guys thinking our BP is going to be high so the pump you up way
             more than they should. :%$#!: I'm glad that you still have your fingers to type with. :roflmao: Did your son hook up with a deer? ???
                           Wally.......I got rested up enough to go out in the afternoon, but saw nothing except the ones that come in my yard to munch
             on some of Mrs. IW's plants that are still hanging on. :whistle:
                           Steve......Congratulat ions to the team from your area. :clap: :flex:
                           I'll be headed out this morning for the morning hunt, then maybe some football on the TV, then out again in the afternoon.
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #539 on: Nov 27, 2022, 04:58 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Fairly calm and 37* this am, high of 46 here today.

Jeff..Happy be-lated Birthday to your DIL!  :clap:  Best of luck with today’s hunting, hope you see a shooter this morning!  :thumbsup:  My son saw a few Does yesterday but nothing trailing, he’ll be back at it again this morning.
  Bud…hope the rest of the driving is problem free, safe travels Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…Congratulations to both your teams advancing, I saw Newburgh chalked up a win over CBA!  :clap:   Nice purchase on the wreath from the Boy Scouts, we’ve supported them for years buying our Christmas trees from them in the past.  :thumbsup:
  OG…hope the ice sticks around and you get another chance to drill some holes again!   :tipup:
  Marv…sounds like a nice road trip with the ladies and a few good buys for reloading, awesome!  Hope the temps drop low enough to help the lakes before the white stuff moves in!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…boy that pie looks good!  ;D  Best of luck to Mr.WW if he’s at hunting camp today!  :thumbsup:
  H2…hope you were able to get your deer into the processor yesterday.  :thumbsup:

Not too much on the planner today, might start working on another Smitty sled I’ve had all the parts for and just didn’t get around to. Cawfee’s on…

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.