Author Topic: Muck Arctic Pro Durability  (Read 3733 times)

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Muck Arctic Pro Durability
« on: Nov 02, 2017, 03:30 PM »
How are your Arctic Pro's holding up?  At the end of my third season mine started cracking at the flex points.  I would treat them with armor all once a year or so.  Other than the cracking I really liked the boots.  I am looking for a similar type of boot with more durable bottoms.  Any thoughts?   

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Muck Arctic Pro Durability
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2017, 05:58 PM »
If that’s the type of boot you prefer, then the Baffin Titan should be be on your short list.  Order a FULL size larger than your street shoes.  ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Canadian-Insulated-Rubber-Forest/dp/B002D48SN2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509663311&sr=8-1&keywords=Baffin+titan

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2017, 06:50 PM »
Mine are going on their 4th season and are still literally like new. Don’t Armorall your boots man. It dries out and cracks my cars interior so much I could only imagine what it would do to my boots. A warm damp rag has cleaned up my Arctic Pro’s just fine every time. A little bit of Dawn dish soap doesn’t hurt either.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2017, 06:59 PM »
5 seasons and going strong, although I don't wear them for anything other than on the ice.  :tipup:

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2017, 11:48 PM »
I've had mine for about 6 years. Use them spring, fall & on the hardwater. They are holding up real well. Finally starting to show some minor wear on the soles, but to be honest I expected that would happen much sooner considering how much use they get. Will definitely buy another pair when these need replaced.

Oh.....by the way.....I would never treat mine with armor all !!

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2017, 07:00 AM »
Thanks for the feed back.  I liked the boots just not the durability.  I only wipped them down with armorall to start the season not including when I bought them so there wasn't enough armor all involved to have this effect.  I will probably stay away from it  bin the future.
I am going to have to check out the baffins in person.  I also used microspikes that were a little on the tight side which could have played a factor.
Do you fish multiple days a week all season?
Catch some nice ones this season!

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2017, 07:47 AM »
I use them along with Katoola micro spikes and ice fish just about every day from mid December to early April. I am on my second pair of Arctic Pro in 6 years and they always crack on the foot where they flex. I have tried Cabelas brand and only got a season out of them and the LaCrosse only gets 2 years so the Muck boots do last a little longer than the others I have tried. They are warm and water proof and not too heavy or large which suits my fishing style well. I'll probably get another pair this year since I can see the crack starting. I need all rubber boots since we get quite a lot of snow which often turns to a few inches of slush ice underneath.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2017, 08:08 PM »
I use them along with Katoola micro spikes and ice fish just about every day from mid December to early April. I am on my second pair of Arctic Pro in 6 years and they always crack on the foot where they flex. I have tried Cabelas brand and only got a season out of them and the LaCrosse only gets 2 years so the Muck boots do last a little longer than the others I have tried. They are warm and water proof and not too heavy or large which suits my fishing style well. I'll probably get another pair this year since I can see the crack starting. I need all rubber boots since we get quite a lot of snow which often turns to a few inches of slush ice underneath.

X10 I have run the cheaper boots and lost them after a season+.  That is why I bought the Pro's and they did last 3 yrs however I did not think that was enough and felt they were sometimes on the
cold side.  Ibought the Titans and absolutely loved them in my treestand.  I did not buy them for hunting however when I got them I knew it was a match. I will not hunt without them again.  With that said they do not have the support that my Arctic pro's have so unless it is really cold I would rather wear the pros.
I bought another pair of pro's as well.  Now the problem is what to wear for traction products?   I believe the katoolahs contribute to the demise of the pro's.  I don't like the look of the coorkers as a big part of what I like about the Pro's is the support and comfort and the cookers look like a loosey / goosey add on.  Can anyone save me from my pro's/Kataoolah Redux???

Offline italianice77

• IceShanty Rookie
  • have a crappie day!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2017, 11:12 AM »
3rd season going strong, still waterproof. i wear them for ice fishing and hunting mostly.
it's all fun and games till somebody looses a walleye!!

Offline Capt. j-rod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2017, 11:17 AM »
Bogs get high marks... My Mucks are still going strong in their 5th season. My wife wears the bogs because they make pretty flower patterns, but they hold up pretty well. I put a pair of little bogs on my 6 year old. She is hell on shoes. They have held up great and she always has warm dry feet.

Offline GatorNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2017, 02:12 PM »
I have two pair that I wear ice fishing and working my property with the chainsaw from fall-spring. Any issues I've had with tears and/or cracks have been self-inflicted from using them hard...tears in the neoprene and whatnot from sticks and briars...but the boots themselves have been flawless. I think that I'm going on six years for one pair and three years for the other. I've managed to repair small holes using rod building epoxy, believe it or not. So far, so good.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2017, 12:38 PM »
 i've fixed lots of holes on mucks over the years with inner tube patches. 

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2017, 02:50 PM »
I bought the artic pros this year because I have the muck chores for 4 years and I use those things year round, hard. I love my mucks. Those chores are still in near perfect condition except for wear on the bottom. I'm hoping the artic pros hold up that well and dam they are nice and warm. My feet haven't got cold yet.

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 26, 2017, 02:02 PM »
As a follow-up,  The XL Microspikes fit both my size 11 Pro's and Titans without causing the boot to deform as my size large ones did.  I am hoping this will make the Pro's last longer than 3 yrs.  Having used both boots this year I am liking the Titans.  I was initially feeling that they would not have enough support but that has not been the case.   The liner in the Titans do a fantastic job of wicking the moisture away from your feet.  I make sure I take the liners out after a day on the ice as there is usually a fair amount of condensation between the liner and the boot.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.