Author Topic: What electric auger?  (Read 508 times)

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
What electric auger?
« on: Jan 06, 2019, 08:06 PM »
Hey guys, Im ready to get rid of my gaser and go electric. My question is which one? While I think the drill augers are great im not interested in them, id rather have a dedicated auger. I did rent a 10" Ion over the weekend and that it was ok. I liked that it was lighter, no gas, smoke, quiet, could put it in the cab of truck, and it seemed to cut well. I thought the handle bar grip was a little different but I got used to it. I wasnt impressed with the reverse bc it didnt seem to work all that great. The other negative I found was the speed of the auger. I was surprised at how much slower it was compared to my 142 solo. So with all this said have any of you used all of the electric augers? If so, how do they compare? Im primarily looking into the SM but would be interested to hear from those whom used, Trophy Strike, SM, Jiffy, and anyone who wants to give more info on the Ion. Any info on this would be great, thanks guys.
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What electric auger?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2019, 08:24 PM »
Have the Ion x 8inch. Do you need 10 inch?  Big difference in power required.

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What electric auger?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2019, 09:49 PM »
I have the Strikemaster 8" Lazer. It's faster than my old Jiffy 76 and about the same weight, much lighter than a Jiffy 30. I'll never go back to gas. If the SM doesn't hold up I'll hand crank a Nils.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.