Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Mississippi River Lynxville/Guttenberg Fishing Report  (Read 3699 times)

Offline 1luckyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Still getting on the ice below Lynxville, Lock #9 last weekend. Have caught my limit of keeper walleyes and sauger most times out. Mostly 16-20 inchers. My dad lost one right below the hole that was 8lbs.+ a week ago. The ice was getting a little scary last Sat. when we had the 50+ degree temps., but it should be fine now that we've had 5 days of below freezing temps.

I have caught almost all fish on my ice fishing gear, 2 & 4 lb. test, and an med. sized ice jig and a waxworm. Some guys thought I was crazy using that stuff, until I started catching 6 keeper fish to their 1. I fished the Wisconsin side near the false locks, not much current there. 12-20 f.o.w. and 8-12 inches of ice.

Haven't been to Guttenberg, I doubt if you can get a boat out there yet. Anybody been there?

Offline KrappieSlayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Mississippi River Lynxville/Guttenberg Fishing Report
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2008, 03:40 PM »
We'll be up tomorrow... we were thinking up around the Harpers area... heard they were nailing the crappie like no other... but would be nice to get into the some eyes.  As far as the false locks are you talking right by the water exchange? 
Pool 9 Pro

Offline crappie98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2008, 08:22 PM »
Glad to hear the fishing is good up there

Offline 1luckyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2008, 10:42 AM »
I fish just up from the yellow bullnose. Probably 20 yds out and 40 yds up. There is open water about 50 yds. up closer to the dam. There are two places guys fish, over by the fishing float and by the bullnose. The ice isn't nearly as thick on the float side, and there is a lot more current. If the ice is still good, there will probably be 40+ guys out there Sat. and Sun. Just follow the crowd.

Offline 1luckyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2008, 10:17 AM »
Ice is BAD. You can no longer get out below the dam. Now lets get a week of 50 degree weather to break up the ice so we can get our boats out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.