Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: badger creek  (Read 935 times)

Offline 515deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • bobbers down
badger creek
« on: Jan 19, 2009, 11:12 AM »
was at badge on the 18th from 1 tell 5pm. was about 15in of ice, water abit  dirty.  the two of us kept 23 8 to 10 in gills 18 crappies 10 to 12 one 14in. hard to do some sorting. did catch 3 bass. all in all a good evening.

Offline gotta fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: badger creek
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2009, 02:11 PM »
Has the road to the west ramp been plowed out ? :)
my Holiday on ice has nothing to do with a mouse or an auditorium

Offline old time jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2009, 03:08 PM »
were yiu on the roadbed or closer to the dam?In past years I have also had some got luck wiyh crappies to the north of the roadbed towards the eastside of the lake. 
I would rather be fishing,wait i probably am!

Offline cubby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2009, 05:28 PM »
was at badge on the 18th from 1 tell 5pm. was about 15in of ice, water abit  dirty.  the two of us kept 23 8 to 10 in gills 18 crappies 10 to 12 one 14in. hard to do some sorting. did catch 3 bass. all in all a good evening.

Really 10" gills, wow.  Fished Badger a lot in the last couple of years and the biggest gills I have seen are a touch over 9". 

Offline 515deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • bobbers down
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009, 01:49 PM »
 not shur about the west road i came in the east side and it was plowed. no i didnt fish the road there was a few to many huts out, so i went down to a root ball off creek channel by the damn,  theres a nice flat on one side of creek with a few stumps. only a few gills hit the 10in mark most were 8-9 . :icefish: :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.