The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Spots on Peck where you can catch a variety of species like walleyes and lakers  (Read 1221 times)

Offline CaptStripSet

• IceShanty Rookie
I am planning a trip to fort peck soon and was wondering where on peck you can chase multiple species in the same spot specifically walleyes and lake trout in the same area or a short distance... I was also wondering where the burbot like to stack up and spawn. Pm with any info as I would really appreciate it. I am not trying to snipe someones hot spot just an area where a can narrow down my search. Thank you!

Offline ice coach

• IceShanty Rookie
anywhere from hellcreek to the damn for walleye and lakers.

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Try the Dam,cast out towards the middle.
Dont ask

Offline Griztrax

• Team IceShanty Regular
One thing you might try when you get out there is talk to and support the local tackle shops.  Ask them what is working and buy some gear/bait from them.  They want you to be successful so you keep buying gear/bait from them.  They can offer up some suggested areas.  Good luck!

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
A good place to start would be by calling and talking to bait shops out there, they could give you a general idea of where to start.

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
The best place I’ve found it to drill a hole. If you don’t catch anything in that hole, move to a new spot and drill another. Repeat until you’re satisfied or bald.

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
As others have said, the lakers seem to be mostly from Hell Creek east to the dam.  I can't speak on the burbot as the only ones I have caught on Peck were by accident while targeting walleye and pike.

Your best bet is to call Clint at the Hell Creek Marina, Scott at the Fort Peck Marina, or Eddie at Lakeridge.  They can point you in the right direction and give you current ice condition reports.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.