Author Topic: How early?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How early?
« on: Dec 26, 2017, 02:05 PM »
If you’re going out for eyes in the morning, how long before sunup do you like to be set up and actively fishing?

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: How early?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2017, 08:50 PM »
As early as I can stand to wake up. (I'm not a morning person] I've read that the first noticeable change of light but I can say that it's better or not. I have mornings where the bite started at sunrise and later.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2017, 07:41 AM »
I think it depends on the lake you are fishing (water clarity). The darker and more stained the water, there usually doesnt seem to be much of a bite while its dark outside

Offline Northern_MN Outdoorsan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2017, 10:17 AM »
We regularly go out 2 hours before first light and catch walleyes right away while it's still dark out. Once it is light out the walleyes kind of slow down and the perch move in. Can still catch the random walleye after sunup but the seem to be more active and more of them to be caught before daylight.

Offline tornadochaser60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:47 AM »
Water clarity and moon phase dictate my decisions on when/how to fish walleyes.  Was fishing water with 2' clarity yesterday and we had walleyes & perch from 3pm to 4 pm, just ahead of the cold front. 

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Be set up and fishing an hour before daylight.. make adjustments as the morning progresses (they will slide out deeper usually) im fishing clear water though..

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:19 AM »
It changes like in cycles. I prefer to get there and be fishing an hour before any light. That way I don't miss the early bite and if they start hitting better later I'm already at it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.