Author Topic: I need help...  (Read 1517 times)

patk

I need help...
« on: Dec 15, 2003, 01:09 PM »
I want to build a spearing shanty but i don't want to spend more than eighty bucks. A 4x8' sheet of plywood costs $16. What else could i use instead of plywood or insulation sheets?

olgeezer

Re:I need help...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2003, 02:19 PM »
If you built a frame with 2"x2" 's and then covered it with a good quality tarpolin it would be cheaper than plywood and lighter too. I don't know how well this would work if you fish on a very windy lake, but under normal conditions it should be fine. Of course you still need to build a floor of some kind to hold up the frame. I just built one out of plywood and it was very expensive but I plan to use it in the summer for storing boat stuff (gas can, life jackets etc.)
Good luck with your project!

missfishylicious

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2003, 05:12 PM »
see if there is a used building supply place in your area you don't have to use new stuff  ;D

Offline crappieloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • nnnnn......Ice
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2003, 05:44 PM »
patk, go to the cull pile at your home improvement store. If they don't have any culled sheet goods you can buy the binders that are on the top and bottom of the pallets.
I bought about 8 sheets of culled 5/8 plywood 4x4 sheets last year. So what if there warped or the corners are broke. $1.00 per sheet is my kind of price ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.