Author Topic: Ice Fishing Equipment Sales & Deals  (Read 1239 times)

Offline The Don Mega

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing Equipment Sales & Deals
« on: Feb 24, 2014, 04:10 PM »
@Muskyon

Had an idea the other day that I thought was good.  What do you think about pinning a topic to the top of the board titled "Ice Fishing Equipment Sales & Deals"  Then if a member finds a good deal or a sale on some equipment, they can post it to that thread.

For example last week Sportmans warehouse ran a deal of $50 off a purchase over $250.  That's a pretty good deal for someone buying a tent, powered auger, sonar, camera, etc...

Would be nice if everyone shared the deals they come across whether in store or online.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Ice Fishing Equipment Sales & Deals
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2014, 10:32 PM »
Hey don mega, it is a good idea but the only problem is that advertising for places other than the sponsors of I.S. is frowned upon on the site and would have to be removed. Now if its an item that's not sold by any of the sponsors then it may be something that could be posted. I have seen deals posted up on other boards and they were removed pretty quick. I will look into this and get back to you but I'm guessing its going to be as i said above
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline The Don Mega

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2014, 01:21 PM »
That makes sense.  Good to know

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2014, 02:05 PM »
Now by all means PM'ing each other works on great deals. Me and crappielover scored good on our LX7's  ;)2
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline The Don Mega

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2014, 02:25 PM »
Now I like that idea.  I picked up my LX 6 for $425.  I am not afraid to invest the time online to find a good deal.

Offline tsmorrison82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2014, 10:35 PM »
Just a random question, is it really worth buying a fish finder? I have only been ice fishing for about a year, love catching fish, and love to just sit and hang out. But I've heard that the fish finder helps out with setting the hook, what other advantages other than deciding to move to another spot would a fish finder provide?

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2014, 08:35 AM »
Just a random question, is it really worth buying a fish finder?  Absolutely, 100%, YES!

I have only been ice fishing for about a year, love catching fish, and love to just sit and hang out. But I've heard that the fish finder helps out with setting the hook, what other advantages other than deciding to move to another spot would a fish finder provide?  It will tell you the depth of the water below you; it can indicate if there is any structure below you; it can tell you if the fish are suspended or right on the bottom; it can tell you if your lure/bait is attracting the fish; it can tell you if dead sticking or jigging is what the fish want to see; and it can tell you exactly where your lure is in relationship to the bottom.  If you are fishing for fish that normally suspend at a certain depth, then it will show you when your lure has reached that depth.  If you want or need to be 1 foot off the bottom, you can see your lure when it gets to that point.
As for brand or type, that is purely a personal choice and just like with automobiles, there is no right or wrong answer.  I'm a Chevrolet and Vexilar guy.  My fishing buddy is a Dodge and Humminbird guy.  You might drive a Ford (and have my deepest sympathies  ;D) and might like the features of a Showdown.  There is no wrong answer.  But I would recommend that you buy the very best sonar you can afford.  Every bell and whistle you get with your unit will improve your fishing experience several times over.

And by the way - welcome to our (ice fishing) world.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline tsmorrison82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2014, 01:18 PM »
Thank you so much! I don't mind sitting and catchin nothing though. But I will definitely get a fish finder for next winter!

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2014, 02:05 PM »
I don't mind sitting and catchin nothing though.
Well I sure as heck do! :icefish:
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.