Author Topic: Marcum LX9 after update  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
Marcum LX9 after update
« on: Feb 23, 2019, 09:11 PM »
Anyone out there that has an LX7 or 9 and has done the newest update (I think 3.0) and doesn’t like it ? I did my LX9 and really liked it in water over 6’ deep. But I fish a shallow water lake that is avg 4’ deep and this update sucks for that. I set up with Zoom window 5’ and flasher mode. Put the transducer just in the water and it runs fine for about 30 seconds then the zoom bar jumps to 5-10’ mode and stays there making it useless. Then the flasher jumps to 8’ and stays there. So the second day I take the wife’s LX7 out that doesn’t have the update and it works in the same settings flawlessly. The only difference I see with it is my jig looks a little large and when you try to turn down the sensitivity it doesn’t have quite the minute setting that the update has. So not sure on the update whether it’s a good thing for really shallow water but I like it for water deeper than 6’. And with ice at 5” I could pick my jig up about 15” under the ice.
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Marcum LX9 after update
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2019, 12:46 PM »
sounds like you are using both auto depths. zoom has it as does the normal depth. use manual dynamic for normal depths and turn off the auto depth on zoom by telling it what depth to use it in. what happens is when there are enough fish to fool what the sonar thinks is bottom it will adjust to the new bottom. also having the gain high will speed this up.

the zoom window is how tall of a zoom window it will use and is not for the depth of the zoom.

the shallow water is better with the updated firmware. it has less missing water now at about 1.5 feet. try to use the two ice modes it has also. one of them is better for shallow water than the other.

if you want to go back to the older firmware shoot me your email in a pm and i'll pass it along to you.

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2019, 04:15 PM »
Thanks 3300 I’ll try those settings and play with it some more as I really want this new update to work because I like the more minute sensitivity settings.
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2019, 05:34 PM »
yep, it's easy enough to do from the front dashboard . has depth and zoom control dedicated buttons. range will make you go into the menu to select which method of depth to use followed by how deep if not on auto depth.
choose the bottom option and then select depth. from there after it will remember which depth mode you choose and so you only have to tell it how deep your fishing to find bottom. i like this way better because you can push the bottom to the bottom of the screen to have more fishable area on screen. same goes for the zoom depth.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.