New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1024767 times)

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #5340 on: Jan 13, 2021, 03:45 PM »
We need to organize a midnight work party to take care of this. I know I guy that has some heavy equipment :whistle:
I got a guy!!😁
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5341 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:09 PM »
sully  on oneida  lake  with a  bucket is like doc holiday  at the  OK  coral .... i'm yer  huckleberry

you ain't no  daisy

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5342 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:15 PM »
sully  on oneida  lake  with a  bucket is like doc holiday  at the  OK  coral .... i'm yer  huckleberry

you ain't no  daisy
lol!
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #5343 on: Jan 14, 2021, 06:37 AM »
jees, wak a guy with a wieghted bucket once, and you earn a rep for the rest of your life ::) ;D
Hey Trapp, I know those people. he's areal piece of work !!   Sully...

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5344 on: Jan 14, 2021, 09:37 AM »
the  wife  came out yelling at me  till she seen i was recording her 

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5345 on: Jan 14, 2021, 01:23 PM »
Long range forecasts are looking promising after this weekend.  I'm ready.

Offline Rippinlips89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5346 on: Jan 14, 2021, 01:34 PM »
I took a ride to Big Bay today to check out the access. As I approached where the drain pipe is, an older gentleman was struggling to haul his gear up that 4.5’ high wall that was put in place. I gave him a hand to get his gear to high ground and drug it up the hill to the road for him. I’m in pretty good shape and I struggled a bit getting his gear up that wall. One thing that upset me was that there were people straight out, in the open, walking around, from where that old man was struggling and no one offered to help. Shame on them! 🤬 After walking back down to analyze that wall more.... I can only imagine people slipping and falling, with the potential for some serious injuries happening. I hope more people reach out to the town and DEC to help correct this problem. To all of you who wish to access Big Bay to fish, PLEASE be careful entering and leaving that wall at the access.

Is this access at big bay marina?  If not could someone tell me what road or street this access is on?

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5347 on: Jan 14, 2021, 02:17 PM »
Is this access at big bay marina?  If not could someone tell me what road or street this access is on?

It is not at Big Bay Marina. It is the access at the end of Kellar road.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5348 on: Jan 14, 2021, 02:24 PM »
looking at main lake i have my doubts the ice we have will hold cracks opening and areas getting dark im guessing it will break up by tmrw

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5349 on: Jan 14, 2021, 02:35 PM »
Don’t say than man!! Maybe the cold will lock her back up good tonight. 2 guys off the beach now in 5 maybe 10 fow. Must not have been able to take it any more hahahaha

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5351 on: Jan 14, 2021, 02:55 PM »
watching the 2 guys out on sylvan beach ......guess i got old or something cause  i ain't going  out on that ,that is  stupid  s--t right there

Offline Rippinlips89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5352 on: Jan 14, 2021, 03:13 PM »
It is not at Big Bay Marina. It is the access at the end of Kellar road.

Thanks reeleyz, do you usually just park on the street?

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5353 on: Jan 14, 2021, 03:15 PM »
Well even if they did go through they might be able to stand up there and keep there lips above water till someone can throw them a rope lol. I’m not sure how deep it is there I never fished that close to shore from the beach

Offline CW88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5354 on: Jan 14, 2021, 03:37 PM »
Well looks like there's one lone sole on the sylvan beach cams was expecting to see open water when I just checked it not a guy sitting on a bucket

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5355 on: Jan 14, 2021, 03:46 PM »
if the ice cant hold a dog its not thick enough for this guy

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5356 on: Jan 14, 2021, 05:03 PM »
how big was the  dog????

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5357 on: Jan 14, 2021, 05:07 PM »
Thanks reeleyz, do you usually just park on the street?

Sent you a PM.

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5359 on: Jan 14, 2021, 05:54 PM »
was  sully  a  fat  golden poodle  close to 200 pounds?????

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #5360 on: Jan 15, 2021, 06:23 AM »
was  sully  a  fat  golden poodle  close to 200 pounds?????
Hey !!  I resemble that remark !!
Trapp, when you want to go fishin.   Sully...

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5361 on: Jan 15, 2021, 06:27 AM »
hoping sat  i'll  bring  something to get down that wall with  ast year   i  ended  you  with a  bruse  and it's worse this  year

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5362 on: Jan 15, 2021, 07:31 AM »
Hey !!  I resemble that remark !!
Trapp, when you want to go fishin.   Sully...

Good luck guys I found some I e close to home thanks to icejohn
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5363 on: Jan 15, 2021, 09:17 AM »
theres an article in SYR. COM  about sunfish and crappie in short reducing limit for sunfish to 25 and upping keeper size in some waters on both sunfish and crappie

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #5364 on: Jan 15, 2021, 10:44 AM »
theres an article in SYR. COM  about sunfish and crappie in short reducing limit for sunfish to 25 and upping keeper size in some waters on both sunfish and crappie
not a bad idea imho........down here in South Carolina they have reduced limits on multiple species of fish including bream and sunfish and crappie......with the internet taking its toll on fishing pressure, it isn't a bad idea

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5365 on: Jan 15, 2021, 10:49 AM »

They have a draft plan out that they're still taking public comments on. Cazenovia and Otisco are a couple lakes in our area that they're looking at as "destination fisheries" with stricter regs to establish a high quality panfish.  I personally like it but I know some won't.  I've seen some lakes that used to have nice panfish in them get demolished. 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5366 on: Jan 15, 2021, 10:59 AM »
your joking  otisco is  nothing but  500 dink blue gills a  day  thats  stupid they should  tell people you have to keep  50 small gills  before yo can keep 50 good ones...anyone that  has  fished otisco knows this

Offline bigdub22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5367 on: Jan 15, 2021, 11:33 AM »
Just wondering why there isn't more uproar over this dog going onto the ice. You guys on this site pound people for being when ice is unsafe and putting emergency personnel in jeopardy. Shouldn't the dog or the owner bear some responsibility. Just funny how it isnt mentioned. But if it was a human you guys would be all over him. Trapp do you think the dog lost his spud and got into trouble after he turned around?

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5368 on: Jan 15, 2021, 11:38 AM »
Caz and Otisco do suffer from stunted panfish sizes.  I'm not sure if increasing the size limit and or reducing the take home limit will affect those lakes much.  As Trap said, you'd have to get rid of the stunted ones somehow first.  Either by fishermen taking them, or more predatory fish.  I can't say I've ever caught a pickerel in Otisco before.  Muskies, yes, but not pickerel, especially in the numbers like Oneida has them in.  That would surely help with the stunted growth.  People hate pickerel, but fail to realize the effect they have in the ecosystem.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5369 on: Jan 15, 2021, 11:49 AM »
Just wondering why there isn't more uproar over this dog going onto the ice. You guys on this site pound people for being when ice is unsafe and putting emergency personnel in jeopardy. Shouldn't the dog or the owner bear some responsibility. Just funny how it isnt mentioned. But if it was a human you guys would be all over him. Trapp do you think the dog lost his spud and got into trouble after he turned around?
the dog dosnt know any better i think people should be smarter then dogs lol , and yes the owner should have kept a better eye on it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.