Author Topic: what are some good ways of cookin burbot  (Read 2997 times)

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
what are some good ways of cookin burbot
« on: Jan 15, 2008, 10:04 PM »
i've tried boiling them and dippin them in butter like lobster, and frying them! anybody got some good ways of eating these tasty buggers?

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: what are some good ways of cookin burbot
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Cut in small chunks and wrap in bacon then put toothpick thru it to hold together. Put on baking sheet with drip try. Sprinkle mildly with seasoning salt then bake at 350 till bacon is done to your liking.....yummy

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Cut in small chunks and wrap in bacon then put toothpick thru it to hold together. Put on baking sheet with drip try. Sprinkle mildly with seasoning salt then bake at 350 till bacon is done to your liking.....yummy
oh yea that sounds freakin awesome! thanks pard!

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2008, 10:22 PM »
Deep fried in beer batter
hook and cook

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:18 AM »
The other night I cooked up a 7lb plus burbot in the beer batter technique.  The meat was tougher than any I have had - not very good.  Anyone else encounter tougher meat on 7lb or bigger burbs?  I think the next big one I decide to take home I'll try the bacon wrapped idea.  Great one TGF!!

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Fish chowda  ;)

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2008, 04:39 PM »
The other night I cooked up a 7lb plus burbot in the beer batter technique.  The meat was tougher than any I have had - not very good.  Anyone else encounter tougher meat on 7lb or bigger burbs?  I think the next big one I decide to take home I'll try the bacon wrapped idea.  Great one TGF!!
i haven't quite landed one that big yet! but i'll let you know when i do! ;D ;D

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2008, 03:23 PM »

Sounds like you may have over cooked it. Beer batter burbot mui tasty. :thumbsup:
Or maybe you just got an old boot. :laugh:

Offline Dinga LING

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • <
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2008, 09:40 PM »
Since I don't have a dishwasher or wife to do em, I just boil the fillets in water and serve with garlic butter.  None finer to eat and very simple to clean up after.

My son has boiled them in 7 up. served with butter.  Pretty good if you like them a little sweeter.

Here are some ideas that I might try.  Boil them in Lemon Lime Cool Aid,  Lemon Jello,  Root Beer, Beer or Coke.  Just curious to see how the taste goes.

This boling also works great for Walleye, Northerns and Perch.  I'm getting hungry just thinking about them.

Give a man a fish,  he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish,  he sits all day on the ice drinking beer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.