Author Topic: Lowrance hook4x  (Read 850 times)

Offline stealhead4749

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Lowrance hook4x
« on: Jan 24, 2021, 07:50 AM »
So I've owned the lowrance hook 4x for 3 seasons now and never had an issue till this morning. I was in 21ft of water and the screen was filled with clutter to about 17ft..  So I turned the sensitivity way down..And couldnt mark my jig..
I've been out a bunch of times this year and used things three times smaller than I attempted to use this morning with no issue.. I played with sensitivity, colorline,  changed frequency from 200 to 83 and back... once I got past say 12 feet I couldnt mark the jig and if I turned sensitivity above 60% II started getting all that clutter again.. I messed with this thing for almost 2 hours before I said screw it, packed up and left

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lowrance hook4x
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2021, 09:04 AM »
So I've owned the lowrance hook 4x for 3 seasons now and never had an issue till this morning. I was in 21ft of water and the screen was filled with clutter to about 17ft..  So I turned the sensitivity way down..And couldnt mark my jig..
I've been out a bunch of times this year and used things three times smaller than I attempted to use this morning with no issue.. I played with sensitivity, colorline,  changed frequency from 200 to 83 and back... once I got past say 12 feet I couldnt mark the jig and if I turned sensitivity above 60% II started getting all that clutter again.. I messed with this thing for almost 2 hours before I said screw it, packed up and left
  Were you by anybody else using a fishfinder?  Did you try messing with the Interference Rejection settings?

Offline stealhead4749

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2021, 09:27 AM »
I didnt have anyone within 120 yards of me..
I played with every setting I could think of.
I've used this thing in over 100 feet of water and had no issues with a 1/2 jig..
So I'm at a loss

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2021, 08:27 AM »
Maybe try a different body of water to test it out?  I know sometimes certain organisms come off the bottom through the water column can clutter up a screen.  I have no idea, just trying to think of different things for ya.  Good luck figuring that out!  If nothing else, I'd try resetting to factory default, and if that don't work, calling Lowrance.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2021, 08:54 AM »
How old is your battery?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.