Author Topic: Tournament  (Read 19064 times)

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tournament
« Reply #90 on: Oct 30, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Either way this goes, we all know that NY only wins because of sheer numbers. Give TEAM BC another 20 members and there wouldn't even be a purpose to this tournament.....we would destroy you.....GO TEAM CANADA........except for the stinking sens fan....GO LEAFS!

funny how its the member from the teams that dont have a fish entered in the tourney that do all the complaining ???

how many different people from NY actually place with a fish, its the biggest 3 fish that win, not the team with the most people ???

GO SABRES :tipup:

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #91 on: Oct 30, 2006, 06:48 PM »
Arch, come on, you have more people fishing, therefore you have way better odds of catching a winning fish. More time spend fishing = greater probability of a large fish being caught. And as far as odds go, buffalo has about a 1/5,000,000,000,000 chance of winning the cup ;D

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #92 on: Oct 30, 2006, 06:57 PM »
give pa good enough ice conditions and we could definetly be in with everyone else

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Oct 31, 2006, 09:11 AM »
Arch, come on, you have more people fishing, therefore you have way better odds of catching a winning fish. More time spend fishing = greater probability of a large fish being caught. And as far as odds go, buffalo has about a 1/5,000,000,000,000 chance of winning the cup ;D

GO SABRES ;D

true, we have the numbers, but its the same couple guys that post all the big fish, out of all those people from NY, i would bet that other states have more people that actually post fish, 75% of the people from NY that sign up are either lurkers or newbies that dont stick around too long, as far as people actually posting fish, i would say its all even :tipup:

give pa good enough ice conditions and we could definetly be in with everyone else

youve got to be kidding, most of the people in PA come to NY to fish anyway, and what happened during the summer? you didnt have good water conditions for the MFF tourney :D 1 guy had all your points :tipup: and as far as numbers are concerned, you had more numbers that all the teams you finished behind except NY :D actually, didnt you finish behind everyone :D come on ice :tipup:

GO SABRES :tipup: ;D

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Nov 01, 2006, 07:31 AM »
Just a "bump" to keep this at the top.....

Team USA versus Team Canada...looks like it just might work......

Any state dare to take on Team NY one on one as a side tourney as well???  Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Nov 01, 2006, 07:42 AM »
I think it's coming down to that Esox :D

PGKris...I think we all know who's not going to win this year :) Leafs don't stand a chance.. ;)Let's leave it at that..Leaf fans...Hah :D :D

Cya on the ice...

Can't wait for derby time...

-Andrew
Andrew

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Nov 01, 2006, 07:55 AM »
GO SABRES

flockshot

« Reply #97 on: Nov 01, 2006, 08:51 AM »
well this is where i chime in and say that i would love to see the side tourney be country vs. country. should make for alot of fun..that will also keep people quiet about "well we dont have that type of fish" since ontario would be on BC's team.  the only down side is i have to be on a team with marsh trying to be the captain. lol. and one more thing..all of your predictions are wrong. its going to be the

DETROIT REDWINGS that make the run this year.

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Nov 01, 2006, 09:43 AM »
I would not be suprised to see Detroit take it again....They have had a strong team for a few years...

Andrew

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #99 on: Nov 01, 2006, 10:03 AM »
.  the only down side is i have to be on a team with marsh trying to be the captain. lol.

That would be like Hillary being president... :P :sick: :cookoo:
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Nov 01, 2006, 10:04 AM »
well this is where i chime in and say that i would love to see the side tourney be country vs. country. should make for alot of fun..that will also keep people quiet about "well we dont have that type of fish" since ontario would be on BC's team.  the only down side is i have to be on a team with marsh trying to be the captain. lol. and one more thing..all of your predictions are wrong. its going to be the

DETROIT REDWINGS that make the run this year.

thats the spirit, country vs. country, no marsh keeping score, both countries have the same fish in the tourney, i say throw the burbot and walleye in different categories though ???

and you fellas in detroit better hope for a good basketball team :D

GO SABRES

flockshot

« Reply #101 on: Nov 01, 2006, 10:10 AM »
why thank you arch. yeah i think country vs.country eliminates alot of the gripes people had on here.

but the sabres arent gonna do anything. they dont have a goalie to carry them through the playoffs like they have in the past.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #102 on: Nov 01, 2006, 10:13 AM »
why thank you arch. yeah i think country vs.country eliminates alot of the gripes people had on here.

but the sabres arent gonna do anything. they dont have a goalie to carry them through the playoffs like they have in the past.

they went pretty far last year? same goalie this year?
miller and biron will take them all the way, and with their offense :bow: :thumbsup: :flex:

SABRES WIN THE CUP

flockshot

« Reply #103 on: Nov 01, 2006, 10:48 AM »
headline of buffoloe paper in 7 or 8 years maybe. lol.

the sabres actually have a good team but i dont know if they have the depth to beat "out of nowhere" team like edmonton last year thats running on pure heart and adrenaline...the wings didnt have it. im hoping the changes made this year will prove to be of some worth.

walleyechaser

« Reply #104 on: Nov 01, 2006, 10:52 AM »
headline of buffoloe paper in 7 or 8 years maybe. lol.

the sabres actually have a good team but i dont know if they have the depth to beat "out of nowhere" team like edmonton last year thats running on pure heart and adrenaline...the wings didnt have it. im hoping the changes made this year will prove to be of some worth.

not with Hasek in goal again.  Lets hope he doesn't have another groin injury.  I can't believe we picked him up again.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Nov 01, 2006, 10:59 AM »
not with Hasek in goal again.  Lets hope he doesn't have another groin injury.  I can't believe we picked him up again.

yeah, thanks for taking buffalo's left overs :D

flockshot

« Reply #106 on: Nov 01, 2006, 11:11 AM »
yeah that did suck...but i agree with not forcing that new goalie to have to play..he needed another year.

walleyechaser

« Reply #107 on: Nov 01, 2006, 12:35 PM »
More like the Sabres has beens.

They should have never gotten rid of Legace. 

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #108 on: Nov 01, 2006, 03:48 PM »
What the hell tournament are we talking about guys? The cup, which will go to the Leafs, or the IS tourney? I'm confused now..... ;D

With a sanction from team captain TGF, I think TEAM BC could take on NY.....I kinda like the idea behind a TEAM CANADA vs TEAM USofA

Let 'er roll!

-Thoreau

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Nov 01, 2006, 04:01 PM »
What the hell tournament are we talking about guys? The cup, which will go to the Leafs, or the IS tourney? I'm confused now..... ;D

With a sanction from team captain TGF, I think TEAM BC could take on NY.....I kinda like the idea behind a TEAM CANADA vs TEAM USofA

Let 'er roll!

yeah, bring on country vs. country :tipup:

anyone icefishing in mexico? well take them on too, we can make it a continent thing :D

as far as BC taking on NY, you should read up on past tourneys ;D

and for the other tourney GO SABRES ;D

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Nov 01, 2006, 08:59 PM »
That would be like Hillary being president... :P :sick: :cookoo:

Maybe she can get Johhny K to go out and "stump" for her.... :woot: :woot:
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #111 on: Nov 02, 2006, 10:28 AM »
I was here last couple of years Arch, I think we almost got ya last year.....time will tell what categories come out.......

-Thoreau

flockshot

« Reply #112 on: Nov 02, 2006, 10:31 AM »
hence the reason a country vs. country tourney would be better. theres no mention of "what catagories" thier are...it wont matter..we dont have pickeral in michigan(the wierd green ones)...but the guys in PA and new york would pick up the slack for us. and we'd just get bigger everything else. lol.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Nov 02, 2006, 11:21 AM »
I was here last couple of years Arch, I think we almost got ya last year.....time will tell what categories come out.......

nope, not us, maine was a close second, i didnt think you guys were involved in this last year, heck PA didnt get involved until MFF this year, but looking back, it doesnt look like you got near us ??? but im not sure where some of the guys are from ???

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=36830.0

i didnt place last year :'( but i did take the pic of bobmans trout ;D

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Nov 02, 2006, 12:16 PM »
nope, not us, maine was a close second, i didnt think you guys were involved in this last year, heck PA didnt get involved until MFF this year, but looking back, it doesnt look like you got near us ??? but im not sure where some of the guys are from ???

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=36830.0

i didnt place last year :'( but i did take the pic of bobmans trout ;D

Yeah Bobmans trout that was beat out first and second by BC ;D

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Nov 02, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Yeah Bobmans trout that was beat out first and second by BC ;D

yeah, 2nd and 3rd were both 25 1/4" ??? i guess BC won because it was entered first :tipup:
both great fish :tipup:

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #116 on: Nov 02, 2006, 05:45 PM »
That'll get blown out of the water this year. I have more time and resources at my disposal. ;D

-Thoreau

Offline jo-jos_jigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Nov 02, 2006, 06:05 PM »
I vote Esoxslayer as team captain.

Offline CNY Farmer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #118 on: Nov 02, 2006, 06:34 PM »
I vote Esoxslayer as team captain.
I second that vote !!!! He the Man :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #119 on: Nov 02, 2006, 08:02 PM »
I second that vote !!!! He the Man :clap: :thumbsup:
Ohh yes I support esox to for captain but don't you have to post pics of fish first
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.