Author Topic: Skunked!  (Read 2815 times)

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Skunked!
« on: Feb 06, 2005, 02:53 PM »
Need I say more??? Second time in my life. I don't know what was with the fish today but man it was poor out there. Tom got one fish. Only hit any of us had all day. Stupid fish  :( :'( :unsure:   I'm gonna go curl up in a corner and cry now....by
KRIS

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Skunked!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2005, 10:16 PM »
Watch what you say PGKris. The moderators don't like that s  word on here. Not to worry though, I found fishing slow on coo-coo this afternoon as well. Just 2 little bows and nothing in the morning. Do you think you may have been watching the cute girl instead of your rod? ;)2

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who bait.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2005, 10:53 PM »
Kris my man, maybe you can redeem yourself. Swing by Whiskey's cabin next weekend. Maybe we can lift your curse ;D 

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2005, 11:05 PM »
Kris you are always welcome at my cabin, just watch-out for some of my friend, , , I like to call them charming  :-\ I couldn't do with out them ::)  :D
We live to fish!

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2005, 09:52 AM »
Thanks for the invite dude but I've got an archery tournament both days and then work at night. Actually, I have no excuse, the lass didn't even come. Too many people for the wee truck........I promised her I'd take her out on reading break........was that a bad idea!? :-\ Hey whiskey, I know exactly what kind of friends you have, but I call mine "charming a$$holes!" Seeya later
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Cocky, likes to fish, likes archery... PGKris, I like you more and more. Are you a bowhunter? Or do you just do the 3-D shoots? What kind of Bow do you shoot?
OH GREAT....! Now we have to start a hunting forum. ;)

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2005, 12:26 PM »
Haha don't worry there's always room for the hunting talk. What are we supposed to talk about in the off-ice season? Yes, I bowhunt, I shoot a Martin Jaguar and I shoot ALL the tournaments. Do you shoot?? I've got to get goin
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2005, 11:32 AM »
I shoot a Diamond DOA. Its a fairly new bow manufacturer in the states. www.diamondarchery.com I guided the part owners of Diamond and High Country bows. They were both using Diamomd DOA's. I mentioned I was impressed with the way the bow's preformed, and when I went home after my season was over they had sent me a new DOA in the mail ;D. I dont shoot in the tourney's but I do spend some time out at the 3D range.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2005, 11:44 AM »
What range are you shooting at?? The silvertip outdoor range? Never heard of the bows but I'll take a look.
Any of you guys ever fish Barton or Narrow lakes? I'm lookin up new maps, tryin to find some spots a little further away from the crowd.......later
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2005, 04:45 PM »
I fished Barton years ago Kris when your momma was still cleaning doo doos in your diaper (assuming you are about 23 yrs old). Lots of little trout but I'm sure they have grown up now. Narrow can be hot and cold. Friend went there 2 weeks ago and walked 7.5kms and decided to turn around as his legs were starting to get sore. Lots of hills in that neck of the woods. He is 66 yrs old. The old boy can outwalk some 20 yr olds. Next time he wants to take my quad or snowmobile. Kokanee in there and of course I'm sure you know, lakers. May want to get at least 10 lb test if going there. But then again I have landed a 14.5 lb laker on 3lb test, but I had a big canoe spoon on so his teeth were no where near my line. Good luck if you go.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2005, 05:07 PM »
I'm actually 18 so you've got me by more than a few :P  Not plowed into Narrow I take it? Never been there myself, heard of excellent laker fishing there so I thought I should get myself a depth map if nothing else. Can you get into Barton without walking too much this time of year? Probably not plowed eh? Barton looks really easy to fish from the depth map! It's just a hole in the ground! I've got a sled if worse comes to worse but I'd rather it be a nice short walk like Camp lake........ read somethin bout you fishin in 3 or 4 feet of water? Sneaky bugger aren't you! ;) :P I also want to try to get into Meadow lake. We were there in the summer without a boat and man I tell you that was painful, watching all them nice rainbows come flying out of the water and no way to get near them! Kinda wanting to get into some lakers this winter. What's the best and closest chance I have other than Narrow?? Thanks in advance
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Weedon lake had some up to 25 lbs. Any of the big lakes up by Fort St James are good at times. Narrow lake has been good. I know a fellow that goes there in early January and does well. Lakers are all over the water column in winter. I used to fish Meadow years back too but just caught about 100 of them in a few hours on flies. 6 inches was the biggest. Nice to hear they are bigger. You should come up to Stuart and try flyfishing for lakers Kris. Lots of fun in the first few weeks after ice off.
18 yrs old. Say no more. Now I understand your being cocky. Man you could be my long lost son. When I was your age I went around the countryside fishing and in my spare time I was a sperm donor.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2005, 05:49 PM »
LOL I wish I had MORE time to fish, damn work *grumble* As for the sperm donor part, well, I'll just let that pass ...........Narrow eh? How long is the walk?? I've got a map, do you have the map? Perhaps you could circle the good spots and send it to me? Or have I gone too far?  ;) Naw I can figure it out. What do you use for bait? Dead peamouth? Thats not allowed nevermind.........just big spoons and jigs? No bait? Never really gotten into lakers on ice before.........I'll figure it out. Thanks! How far of a walk?
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2005, 06:08 PM »
Like I said previously Kris. It is a up and down walk. Buddy went 7.5 kms one way and turned around. Check with Northern Hardware fishing counter. I think he goes there a bit. I really don't know any good spots on the lake. Yes I have the hydrographic map. Nice now for you, cause when I was young I had to purchase them for 8.00$. Now they can be obtained free. I like to start with an airplane jig tipped with something not to heavy and a little fishy ;)2. Canoe spoons can produce. Bill Lewis rattlers, chrome buzz-bombs, rip tide lures. Down in the states and parts of Canada you can use sucker belly for tipping bait. They take the skin off though. Sure be nice to use some up here in BC but our laws are a little haywire. Other provinces in Canada you can use 2 or more lines when icefishing but not here. Sure if alone in summer in a boat you can use 2 rods. I think I'm going to bring out my inflateable dingy (on ice) and drill a hole on each side of the boat and see what the COs have to say.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2005, 09:03 PM »
Inflatable boat indeed..........I think they'd tell you to get medical attention........right after you paid your $175 fine! I'll bust out the stink bait! Do large toothy predators like peas? ;) ;)2 ;)2 :whistle: I'd lay a solid bet to say that they do! Thanks for the tip. I'm pretty tight with the DFO boys so I might give them a shout. Thanks again
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2005, 09:58 PM »
If you are tight with the DFO ask them where Adrian Juch got too. I have a stinky story I could tell you or actually it looks like whiskey may have told you something already. No worrys, I have lots more.
I also like to have a little fun with the COs. Once was fishing on the local river and waited till I saw the COs get close as they were checking people along the bank. I had most of my stuff packed up and was heading out anyway. Just wanted to give them a run, so I grabbed my stuff and took off on a run back the trail to my truck. They are kind of like wolves or bears and if something runs you chase it. Poor COs were out of shape, cause when I got back to my truck you could hear them coming from 300 yards away. I waited for them at my truck and they asked why I was running. I said "I just felt like a good jog". He asked the usual: License, what did you catch. So I showed him the 3 trout I had. He searched my truck thoroughly and my pack but found nothing out of the ordinary. He then said OK, were done and I left wishing them a good day.
Buddy was fishing Purden and they approached in their official looking boat. Put their hats on when they got close. They asked if my buddy had any alcohol on board. Buddy replies "No but do you, cause its pretty hot out here" They didn't take too kindly to that. They then checked his boat thoroughly even asking to smell his opened bottle  of gingerale. They left after finding nothing.
I am the medical attention Kris, I work in the hospital. I would definately contest that in court (175$ fine). So many rules could be contested in court. Ask a CO to give you the definition of a river and you will get different answers. "A moving body of water". Stuart lake has currents all over the lake, so its a moving body of water, so its a river.
Anyway more stories to follow on ice. Hope you have a strong stomach.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.