Author Topic: Non skid flooring  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Non skid flooring
« on: Jan 06, 2004, 09:25 AM »
I have always used rubber mats, in my sled, to keep things from sliding round.I found some of the rubber insulation (like you dip tool handles in) in a spray can and thought I would try spraying the floor and see if it worked to stop the movement of items while I am pulling the sled.  I know I will have to prep the surface well to insure good adhesion.  Just wondering if anyone else has tried this?

Pop

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Re:Non skid flooring
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2004, 10:40 AM »
I've always used an piece of carpet that I cut to fit the base. I found that it keeps gear from sliding around and dulls the noise. The carpet is easily removed for cleaning and it's cheap. I just buy remnants or left overs. I think your idea would work but would be noisey. JMO  ;D
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Jocko

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Eyes Giant Eyes!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2004, 12:17 PM »
I used rubber back carpeted floor matts for my shanty.  The company that provides the matts where I work sells the damaged ones for almost nothing and its usually only a corner that got knocked off.  Seems to be working OK, very durable and meant for rough use.

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2004, 09:29 AM »
Jocko, I never thought of using the door matts.  I had always used the rubber ones and they were always curling up.  They are coming to change out the matts this afternoon, I will ask the driver if he can get me any.  I had bad thoughts about getting the spray rubber to bond well.  Thanks for the ideas.

Pop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.