Author Topic: Pigeon is heating up...so is Gull  (Read 3787 times)

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Pigeon is heating up...so is Gull
« on: Feb 18, 2020, 05:06 PM »
Had a great Sunday at Pigeon and Monday at Gull.  Thank goodness the weather improved on Monday just as I arrived.  It was not a pleasant drive until then.

Managed to land 2 nice whites at Pigeon.  Had another much larger one hanging around and hit my swivel a number of times...

They are smaller than average length but not in girth!

And from Gull, managed this one and lost another 3-4 including a real tank:

Great long weekend overall.  Fun times!

Offline Shellac1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pigeon is heating up...so is Gull
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2020, 06:17 PM »
Great job. How deep of water would you suggest fishing these two lakes for whites? Did you see burbs? Thanks. Shellac1

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2020, 08:55 AM »
Great job. How deep of water would you suggest fishing these two lakes for whites? Did you see burbs? Thanks. Shellac1

At Gull I saw burbs.  About every 20 min or so.  I was in 14 FOW.  Mostly sight fishing until the neck got tired then used the Aqua View Mini in down view.  Great fish TV  ;D

Pigeon I was out past the Prov Park in 23 FOW.  Used a flasher to mark fish coming in and then sight fished them.  I had a Jaw Jacker setup as well and finally, finally got a hit but no hook up.  Otherwise I'm finding the JJ useless this year for any hookups.

Using all the tools in the arsenal!

Offline Shellac1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2020, 06:08 PM »
Thanks for the info. I will have to find some time to fish, finally. Will keep u in touch. Shellac1

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2020, 01:12 PM »
And then there was this weekend.  No whites  :(
Went to Gull on Saturday and saw more burbs.  Caught 4 walleye, 1 wee pike, a few incidental burbs.  Had 2 whites make a real try for the hook but no luck.  Those were the only 2 I saw.
Sunday at Pigeon, skunk.  Had a white on very early in the morning and lost it.  Scared a 2nd away that I'm sure would have taken the hook but I didn't see were my hooks were, hauled it, scared it...sigh.  Just didn't work out this time.

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2020, 11:06 AM »
Stuck just to Pigeon this weekend.  Strangely, Saturday was the better day.  Sunday was the worst I've seen yet.  I think the storms and pressure has a lot to do with it.  Landed one white Saturday and had more attempts.  Marked some really off fish on Sunday but never visually saw any appear high enough in the water column. 

Here are some pics:

4.8 lber!

Cheers!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.