Author Topic: North park  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Dkreager

• Team IceShanty Regular
North park
« on: Jan 28, 2018, 11:39 PM »
Good day out on south Delaney. We set up shop at about 8 am and my buddy had a 22" on before he could even get his bearings. Marked quite a few and had some good bites. Decided to jump over to John around noon and hit 3 different spots with no luck. Decided to head back to south Delaney. Fished 6 1/2' FOW and we were on the fish until about 6 o'clock and decided to call it a day. First time I've ever taken a truck onto a lake, the pucker factor was at about a 8.7 lol. But it sure did make changing spots a hell of a lot easier.

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: North park
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Glad to see you had fun up there.  My favorite place in the state. Been targeting a local pond for the past two weeks, but heading up to S. Delaney in the morning. We had similar luck on John our last few trips. It's not been fishing like the old days.

About the truck, I've tried it in the past, but after thinking about it, I decided the price for making a mistake is too rich for my blood
There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2018, 08:29 AM »
Nice!  Sounds like a great day up there.  How much ice were you driving on?
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Dkreager

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2018, 11:29 AM »
18" of ice is what the truck was on. I saw a few other trucks out there. I wasn't going to be the first one to risk the long walk home!! Not sure if I'll ever do it again. I knew it was solid but that cracking and popping is a little more nerve racking when your sitting in a full sized pick up. That was my first trip on any of the Delaneys and I'll be up there as much as my racing and work will allow. Way less crowded than John and the chance at a monster makes it more fun. Every fish we pulled out of there was very healthy looking.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2018, 09:16 PM »
Camped on Lake John in my Chevy 4x4 w/ slide-in camper. 18-20" of ice. 2 nights. Pretty cool.  A few years ago.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2018, 08:36 AM »
I knew you could take vehicles on Lake John, but didn't know you could on the Delaneys. For sure makes it easier, bet it was fun!

Offline Dkreager

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2018, 01:51 PM »
I knew you could take vehicles on Lake John, but didn't know you could on the Delaneys. For sure makes it easier, bet it was fun!
   not sure if you can drive on Delaney or not, those pictures are of the truck on John. We didn't drive on Delaney. There is really close access all the way around it.

Offline Dkreager

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2018, 01:52 PM »
Camped on Lake John in my Chevy 4x4 w/ slide-in camper. 18-20" of ice. 2 nights. Pretty cool.  A few years ago.
   fishing must have been pretty damn good to stay out there through the night lol! Do any night fishing out there?

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2018, 02:53 PM »
   fishing must have been pretty damn good to stay out there through the night lol! Do any night fishing out there?

Fishing was decent . It was too freekin cold at night to fish- ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Just got back from S. Delaney. Was there at 7:30 and fished until noon. I was the only one on any of the three lakes. Good bite from 7:30-10:30. Caught 7-8 Bows from 14-17"  Ice about 18".
There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.