Author Topic: headin to fort collins  (Read 5449 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: headin to fort collins
« Reply #30 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:05 PM »
im only 29 lol. retirement aint an option. workin 6 days a week while im out of town.  60 hr paychecks are nice enough for me to wait till sunday lol. good luck. wish i could join you guys
WOW. 6 days/week.. 60 freekin hours?

THAT is freekin BRUTAL!

You young-uns gotta pay yer dues! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:08 PM »
Well Randall wimped out, Broll might wimp out, that leaves 6!  I'M gonna bring me a few beers!   ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline GSP_Pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That’s why they call it fishing.
« Reply #32 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:17 PM »
What time does the bus leave and return? Any extra room for a newbie?

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:21 PM »
We'll be at the parking lot at 715am. ish- ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:27 PM »
It's gonna look like an "Ice-addiction" tourney when we are done with it  ;D
I bet there will be more than 3 fish caught though! :o ;D :o

Offline randall3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:28 PM »
wimped out lol. yea i usually pull 60-64 hrs a week. puttin in underground gas lines all over colorado. trust me if i wasnt working id be up there on the ice right at sunup. id have a limit before all you retirees even got out of bed lol

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:46 PM »
I bet there will be more than 3 fish caught though! :o ;D :o

I heard about that, all 3 were stockers. @ 11 mile no less  :roflmao:

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #37 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:47 PM »
I heard about that, all 3 were stockers. @ 11 mile no less  :roflmao:
No thanks.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:52 PM »
wimped out lol. yea i usually pull 60-64 hrs a week. puttin in underground gas lines all over colorado. trust me if i wasnt working id be up there on the ice right at sunup. id have a limit before all you retirees even got out of bed lol

Yeah, I know how it is. I drove truck 6 days 60 hours a week and farmed 90 acres besides.
We just got an offer today to run a gas/oil pipeline across our place.
That is partially how I retired at 57.
The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline GSP_Pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:57 PM »
We'll be at the parking lot at 715am. ish- ;D

Totally new so I am guessing the lot at the trailhead?  How far is the hike and drive from Aurora?  Trying to determine if its worth all the effort and taking the day off. Those perchies aren't much larger than what we played fish hockey back in Minnesota in the dead of winter when I was a youngster.   ;D  Although its always great to meet new nimrods and go ice fishing. 

Only been out 3X so far this winter, once with the girlfriend and she was freaked out by the ice making cracking noise...geez...she is not use to walking on water growing up in Florida.  She cannot fathom driving on the lake and spending the weekend in the ice house....the best of times.  I definitely need to get our more before the front range ice is gone.

Greatly appreciate the broadcast invite even if I don't make it this time. 

Also, how do you post pics on this site?  Do you have to insert the file pathway?

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Jan 24, 2018, 03:31 PM »
The perch arent very big. And its a 2 hr drive from Atown pretty much. Plus the hike is about 2.5 miles 1-way, half dirt road and hills and half on the ice. Pack light. Its just a nice wildernessy place nobody bugs ya. Its almost the only game in town if you like to catch a perch limit right now.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #41 on: Jan 24, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Also, how do you post pics on this site?  Do you have to insert the file pathway?

Two ways, shown in my image.  1)Blue arrow "Add image to post", allows you to upload your own photos.  2)Red arrow, "Insert Image Icon" allows you to insert the direct URL of other images hosted on other sites, such as Imgur, which I use for most of my photos.  Don't use Photobucket, because it doesn't work.

GSP_Pike, if you go, like Slayer said, pack light...you'll seriously need to decide if you want to drag your flasher with you, if you have one.

Speaking of packing light, hey Ron and Mike, finally got my new M18 PS to run my Marcum!  The old one is definitely fried.  For the new one, I made a plastic holder for the spade terminals coming off the battery, so they're never able to touch each other.  Tested it out, ran 7 hours and only used half my 5 Ah batt.  Perfect for the loooong hike.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 24, 2018, 04:41 PM »

Speaking of packing light, hey Ron and Mike, finally got my new M18 PS to run my Marcum!  The old one is definitely fried.  For the new one, I made a plastic holder for the spade terminals coming off the battery, so they're never able to touch each other.  Tested it out, ran 7 hours and only used half my 5 Ah batt.  Perfect for the loooong hike.
[/quote]

Nate glad you have the PS up and running. We'll have to pick a day and take it for a hike. I'm open to go from this Friday 1-26 to 2-5 the wife is out of town LOL.
The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline Shoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 24, 2018, 04:54 PM »
Slayer, coworker bailed.  Had an importnant govnt conference call come up tomorrow.  Still waiting on Regan reply.  I will be there at least, we can relax and enjoy our suckers and yellows.

s

Offline Broll89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:00 PM »
There we go.  Crowd always thins out day before.  I don't vag out when it comes to fishing. Ahem.  I will be there early.  Will have the striker suit on and ion.  Name is Brian.   

Offline Broll89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:03 PM »
Fyi to any newbies, leave to pull over at home or have a buddy.  Tried on monday and luckily had help to get the pull over up there. Would not have made it if no help.  80 lb. Back pack = good to go,  Dragging 100 lb. Sled = issue

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #46 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:20 PM »
Sweet see ya all tomorrow!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline randall3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:29 PM »
well this sucks lol. I make a post asking for info and everyone calls me a sissy and plans a trip without me hahahaha. this thread went south for me FAST lol

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:53 PM »
There we go.  Crowd always thins out day before.  I don't vag out when it comes to fishing. Ahem.  I will be there early.  Will have the striker suit on and ion.  Name is Brian.

I recommend leaving the ion.  Someone else will surely be bringing a lighter option.  I have an ion but I only take my 6" hand auger on this trip.  Also, I would not hike in the striker suit. Strap it to a pack and put it on when you get there.  Just trying to help.

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Meh, there's plenty of space and perch in that lake for poor slobs like me that need to wait till Saturday to fish it... ;)

Saturday you say...

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #50 on: Jan 24, 2018, 06:31 PM »
Saturday you say...
I'm down if you are, unless certain pond options are possible and more appealing... I can't fish Sunday, so Saturday's my day
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 24, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Broll,
     I have the Milwaukee/Clam you can use, I'd leave that 2ton Ion @ home  ;)2

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 24, 2018, 06:56 PM »
I'm down if you are, unless certain pond options are possible and more appealing... I can't fish Sunday, so Saturday's my day

Won't be any fish left  :icefish:

Offline Broll89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 24, 2018, 07:09 PM »
Thanks for the offer.  But it is the lake jizm so I figure the ion is necessary due to the jizm that follows using such a superior combination of plastic and metal. Never have my hands and mind felt so much jubilation as I watch the snow cone slush pile up.  I strap it to my pack. Not an issue. 

Offline GSP_Pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 24, 2018, 07:50 PM »
Thanks for the information and advice; I’ll make a decision in the morning. Not thrilled to drive I25 on a week day but ice options are melting fast on the front range.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:08 PM »
Thanks for the information and advice; I’ll make a decision in the morning. Not thrilled to drive I25 on a week day but ice options are melting fast on the front range.

Exactly- only game in town.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Shoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 24, 2018, 10:30 PM »
Broll, walked right by you with my smitty box and green/yellow suit on Monday.  I was in a hurry to get out because the gate was closing at 5.  Hope you guys got out without hassle. I was amazed you got that flipover in there.  I bout killed myself dragging my sled.  Will backpack in tomorrow, hand auger.  See ya.

s

Offline Hookerhooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 25, 2018, 07:44 PM »
Lets see the piles fellas

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Jan 25, 2018, 07:53 PM »
Lets see the piles fellas

For realz, lets see em. 
Friends don't let Friends use Tip-Ups

Offline randall3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:41 PM »
ended up headin to fort Collins today. had a minute to swing by hagler. caught a few gills and saw a trout get caught. ice was sketchy. could not believe people walking out on it right to where they fished without checking it once. i punched holes every 6 ft and it was cracking every hole!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.