Author Topic: Had to work for 'em  (Read 1120 times)

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
Had to work for 'em
« on: Jan 21, 2018, 03:31 PM »
Z & I decided to take the drive and take and take our chances at Jumbo despite poor reports. We got up there shortly after sunrise and got set up. We both brought our 1 man flip overs and we were glad that we did. It was breezy all day, we stayed warm and comfortable.
I stuck a nice Crappie right away and followed up with a skinny keeper Walleye. We were thinking that 2 dozen minnows might not be enough. That wasn't the case. Fishing was slow the rest of the day. A fish would come through and then it would die. I'm glad most the fish that I caught were legal size. I ended up taking home 3 nice Crappies and 2 skinny eyes.
Always fun fishing with Z! (thanks for driving)
Sorry about the bad pic.

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Had to work for 'em
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2018, 03:44 PM »
Yeah, you did a lot better than we did. Fished from 6:30 am to 3 pm drilled 76 holes. I caught 1 SMB towards the end of the day. Seen lots of bait fish everywhere. We fished in 8 FOW to 16 FOW.
The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Nice work Brew and Z! Those big lakes out East have been brutal through the ice. Tons of baitfish, very few target fish interested.

Hey, what'll it take to get Z posting regularly on IceShanty??   ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:45 PM »
That's a nice meal right there! Did you do this today is the storm? or yesterday (Saturday?)  I've never fished Jumbo

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:15 PM »
Good job but I'm a gonna wait till May to head out there in the boat. Get a 100 a day easy. ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:42 PM »
That's a nice meal right there! Did you do this today is the storm? or yesterday (Saturday?)  I've never fished Jumbo
It was Saturday we were hoping for a pre frontal bite.

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2018, 10:58 PM »
Nice catch! 2 skinny walleyes taste better than any amount of trout, any day of the week ;D
Friends don't let Friends use Tip-Ups

Offline Broll89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:11 PM »
Tim ur mistaken. Trout taste excellent.... to a walleye that is.  Mighty nice of the state to constantly stock that slimy bait into our waters

Offline Gip19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2018, 09:53 AM »
where does on get minnows out on this side of the state that are truly bought from Colorado ? and i have always liked jumbo but can not seem to figure out how or where to fish this lake it is a hard one any small tips or pointers not looking for secrets just a bit of help

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.