The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 174665 times)

servocam

Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #270 on: Dec 12, 2010, 04:52 PM »
So how many Minnesotan members are we up to now?

Offline IceNomads

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GOT ICE!!
« Reply #271 on: Dec 12, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Hey everyone from Sherburne county.  This is my 3rd year ice fishing.  The first time out I was addicted. 
I live in sherburne!
 FISHIN' IS LIKE SEX, THE LESS YOU GET, THE MORE YOU LIE!!

Offline Doc.Freeze

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #272 on: Dec 12, 2010, 09:28 PM »
I would like to give a big welcome to all of the MN newbies! Let us know a bit about yourself!

Where are you from? Where do you fish? Are you new to the sport or a seasoned ice god?

You need 5 posts before you can view certain parts of the site, this can be a good place to get one out of the way! :laugh:

Offline TheNotoriousRIG

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I write the soundtrack to my fishing adventures!
« Reply #273 on: Dec 12, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Im new too! My name is Rig and I fish primarily on Tonka, Crane, and Mille Lacs! I am from Cedar Rapids IA. and have lived in Minneapolis for 10 years! Ice Fishing and Playing music are my passions! Cheers to you all!

Thorne Bros. Custom Rods-Shimano Reels-Vexilar Flashers-Clam BC-Lowrance OnB GPS-Eskimo Augers-Soul powered by Doitch

Offline TheNotoriousRIG

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I write the soundtrack to my fishing adventures!
« Reply #274 on: Dec 13, 2010, 03:59 PM »
BTW - I love the site. Cant wait to meet many new peeps!

Thorne Bros. Custom Rods-Shimano Reels-Vexilar Flashers-Clam BC-Lowrance OnB GPS-Eskimo Augers-Soul powered by Doitch

Offline slab_slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #275 on: Dec 14, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Hey, I'm Jason. I've been layin' the steel to 'em in the Ottertail Co. area for more than a few years. I spend a lot of hours out there by myself cuz it's hard 2 find others as crazy or dedicated as I am. If yer in the area- lemme know, we'll get out there 'n' slay some 
It's not about luck, it's skill & determination

Offline Bob-Loblaw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #276 on: Dec 14, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Hey folks - new to the forum...I live on the west side of Leech Lake, but I do most of my ice fishing on Winnie and Pike Bay.  Looking forward to gaining some knowledge and maybe making some new fishing buddies.  Anything to get me out of the house!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #277 on: Dec 14, 2010, 03:41 PM »
Welcome new anglers.  Hope you all will help out with keeping some of us informed about your ice reports too.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline paintbrush

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #278 on: Dec 18, 2010, 07:14 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm Bill and I live in Brainerd and chase fish all over this area. Walleyes, pike, panfish, it doesn't matter, just like to get out and fish.

Offline walleyecliffguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #279 on: Dec 20, 2010, 04:33 PM »
hello everyone how is the fishin goin?   I haqvent been able to get out yet one more day at work and then vacation!  gonna fish cleveland area

Offline walleyecliffguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #280 on: Dec 20, 2010, 04:44 PM »
I would like to give a big welcome to all of the MN newbies! Let us know a bit about yourself!

Where are you from? Where do you fish? Are you new to the sport or a seasoned ice god?

You need 5 posts before you can view certain parts of the site, this can be a good place to get one out of the way! :laugh:

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #281 on: Dec 20, 2010, 05:43 PM »
Fish'n is fantastic !  Welcome all new members !(via moble web)
Hard Ice

Offline finalbankai

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #282 on: Dec 22, 2010, 10:56 AM »
hi my name is kyle live in mpls and have been ice fishing for 2 years now usually fish in buffalo lake but heading up north this year see how that goes

Offline walleyecliffguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #283 on: Dec 22, 2010, 04:43 PM »
Kelly from madison lake mn I like to fish German, Jefferson, and lake Washington

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #284 on: Dec 23, 2010, 07:47 PM »
welcome to the shanty ;D

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline vigilante

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #285 on: Dec 23, 2010, 09:48 PM »
Hey all.  I am Ethan, My first time ice fishing in MN.  I went a few times back in Western New York state (alegany) area.

I just got a 2 person hut for my birthday and have been out 2 times so far.  2 small crappies and 2 8 inch walley, on nokomis lake.

I'm interested in finding / fishing more of the lakes right here in the metro area.  I live in Fridley / Columbia Heights.

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #286 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:12 PM »
welcome Ethan, hope you enjoy :tipup:

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #287 on: Dec 25, 2010, 10:22 PM »
Welcome new members, don't forget to help out with our lake ice reports.  ;)

Offline lanningjw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #288 on: Dec 29, 2010, 07:33 AM »
Hello, I am new to IS and am enjoying reading posts. Live a block of Medicine Lake in Plymouth. Fish the lakes and river in my fishing kayak anf thought fishing in the cold winter seemed kinda crazy but so far it fun.

My buds are big walleye guys and live for this. All they talk about is catching walleys on lake of the woods! I am gonna catch a walley on medicine lake......this is my goal! the DNR stocked the lake with fingerlings and I am gonna catch one. I see lots of portable houses on the westside of the lake. Maybe they are fishing crappie and are hoping for the walleyes to hit up. I think the walleyes school in the winter on the lake but not in the summer?
Advise is welcome!

Offline Hagigun

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "...It's the reckoning."
« Reply #289 on: Dec 29, 2010, 11:52 AM »
New to Ice Fishing. I have been about 10 times the past 10 years. I have never caught a fish. But always went when asked because hanging out with some buds and suds is always a good time. So this year we needed a new hobby since my boot Hockey and Broomball days are over, sort of.

My friend mentioned buying a shack and splitting the cost...well my gal and I are pretty independent. So for my B-day she bought me a shack and some other gear. First time out...Skunked again!

2nd time out...Finally caught a small bluegill, then about 5 more. I have been reading all the tips and tricks I can. I have learned about products, done my research, and gained some understanding.

3rd time out we went off a hunch based on lake depth maps. Caught a few small perch, but nothing else.

All this was done with no "help". So for X-mas my gal and I each bought a Vexilar Fl 18 - coming today!! We bought an Auger as well. You could say we are heavily invested now. The reason I know this is because as soon as i bought this stuff, the weather has gotten warmer, and now Rain is in the forecast! :)

I fish White Bear Lake, Bald Eagle, and am looking to move outward as well.

I'm excited and glad I found a lifelong hobby during the winter days and nights. Hopefully I can get my first Walleye and Crappie through the Ice here soon.

Happy fishing.
Why?
....Because I can't can't Golf with Ice on the lake!

servocam

« Reply #290 on: Dec 29, 2010, 10:57 PM »
New to Ice Fishing. I have been about 10 times the past 10 years. I have never caught a fish. But always went when asked because hanging out with some buds and suds is always a good time. So this year we needed a new hobby since my boot Hockey and Broomball days are over, sort of.

My friend mentioned buying a shack and splitting the cost...well my gal and I are pretty independent. So for my B-day she bought me a shack and some other gear. First time out...Skunked again!

2nd time out...Finally caught a small bluegill, then about 5 more. I have been reading all the tips and tricks I can. I have learned about products, done my research, and gained some understanding.

3rd time out we went off a hunch based on lake depth maps. Caught a few small perch, but nothing else.

All this was done with no "help". So for X-mas my gal and I each bought a Vexilar Fl 18 - coming today!! We bought an Auger as well. You could say we are heavily invested now. The reason I know this is because as soon as i bought this stuff, the weather has gotten warmer, and now Rain is in the forecast! :)

I fish White Bear Lake, Bald Eagle, and am looking to move outward as well.

I'm excited and glad I found a lifelong hobby during the winter days and nights. Hopefully I can get my first Walleye and Crappie through the Ice here soon.

Happy fishing.

Thanks for Sharing your story and welcome aboard! 

Offline Baero

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #291 on: Dec 29, 2010, 11:08 PM »
Name is Eric, I have always ice fished but always borrowed gear. This year I picked up a Dave Genz Fish Trap from a friend and started taking my boys out.  Not a lot of luck so far this year, but just tried out my new Showdown 5.6 tonight and am very pleased with it.  Hopefully this rain and snow can stop messing up our ice!!!

Offline MeatHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • When I'm not fishin, I'm smoking meats.
« Reply #292 on: Jan 01, 2011, 10:39 AM »
Greetings all, Meat Hunter here, aka, Todd. Currently live in S.E. Mn over by the Preston area. Grew up in the cities and fished many of the lakes there.
Just got back from our trip to the Ely area where we only caught 2 small walleyes >:( Long drive for 2 fish, but then again, thats fishin. Mostly fish the river over by the lacrescent/lacrosse area. Married, 2 kids. Other hobbies when I'm not fishing are smoking and curing meats like pastramis, sausage, bacon, stuff like that. Love metal detecting in the summer. I work out of my shop restoring and salvaging old vintage autos. If its old and a junker, I want it ;D

Only have one buddy who is into the hardwater scene so I'm always open to hookin up with someone who like to fish. Hope to get to know some of you and talk you into tellin me some of the secret honey holes ;D. More than anything, I love to catch panfish, eating size. I don't know if I am allowed to include my link to my smoking meat site, so if not, the Mods may remove it.

http://redmeatnation.blogspot.com/
A rotten day of fishin is better than a good day at work.

Offline pipsqeak1015

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #293 on: Jan 02, 2011, 03:19 PM »
Jason, I live in Roseville I have been ice fishing ever since I could walk but by no means a pro I just love being out on the lake frozen or otherwise. I fish mostly close to home bald eagle, white bear. but i also fish with my dad in the cambridge, princeton areas.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #294 on: Jan 03, 2011, 01:34 PM »
Welcome new MN snotsicle fellars.  ;D  It was tough weekend storm fighting fishing.  Driving was brutal getting on the lakes that appeared possilbe turned out to be total challenge.  I sure wish I had a sled...or at least tire chains on now.  ;)  I keep telling myself to invest in a set...sure could've used one over the weekend.

Offline NELS BELLS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #295 on: Jan 03, 2011, 01:49 PM »
Hi all,
My friends call me Nels.  I live across the street from a small lake north of St. Joseph, MN, so I probably spend most of my time on that lake due to its proximity.  Otherwise I fish the lakes in Central MN, usually within an hours drive of my home.  I have a 12 year old son who is starting to enjoy ice fishing more and more each year, but he prefers the catching more than the fishing, so we usually are after quantity rather than quality when he comes along.  The past couple of years we have been spending more time ice fishing on the Horseshoe chain of lakes for catfish, because you can catch so many and they fight good.  You also catch bonus crappies and the occasional walleye.

I started ice fishing about 25 years ago.  I have fished all over this great state of MN.  Its a great winter pasttime and a good excuse to get out of the house ;) if you know what I mean!

Nels

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #296 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:58 PM »
Welcome aboard Nels.  Beautiful country there around St Joe.  You've got some great water to choose from.  Welcome to the board!
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline 55Xfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #297 on: Jan 03, 2011, 10:09 PM »
Hi All,

I moved to Alexandria, Mn this past year and am learning to ice fish this season, with help from another local fisherman on Le Homme dieu.

I grew up on farm in SoDak and did a little fish'n but its been along time.   Spent many years in a milder winter climate and am really enjoy'n
being back up north and being able to enjoy winter activities.

Chris

Offline DFresh75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #298 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:04 PM »
Doug off of Medicine Lake here -

Been fishing for 30 years, but just getting into Ice Fishing now with the Bro in Law.

Picked up a Clam 2000 and Big Buddy heater for $100 and we are ready to hit the Ice!

Hoping with the low temps Med Lake will be a good starter lake

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #299 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:53 PM »
No problems with ice on most lakes here.  I was out over the weekend and guys were driving all over.  I don't know that I'd do that yet but plenty of ice for walking and ATV's.  That rain really cleaned things up.  Took about 18 inches of powder down to glare ice.  Makes walking/pulling really easy. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.