North Dakota > Ice Fishing North Dakota

Blown out

(1/2) > >>

waterbeater:
My brother and I went out this morning and gave up about noon. We were fishing prairie stock dams for perch, crappie, and bass. We had our insulated house set up on the ice with good heat. No football or racing on the tube so we had a whole day planned. We didn't even mark a fish all morning. I've never had worse luck. The wind is blowing about 30mph and snowing right along. Darn front must be messing up the fishing. Has anyone else out here had any luck with the front passing through?

druthrbfishn:
Waterbeater, have you been fishing lately? I don't think there has been anyone out in western SD fishing, if they have they have been darn quiet about it. Went to the Stock Show the last 2 weekends so haven't been out. Is  there decent water in your dams? They are low in Ziebach County.

waterbeater:
druthrbfishn,
I was out last Sat. Kind of slow till 4:00 then we had our hands full for and hour or so. I just got an underwater camera put together and spent a lot of time watching the perch and crappie react to my different jigging. Awsome! I caught my best perch to date, 15" and weighed 2 pounds on the nose. Made my whole week. I didn't clean it. She's in the freezer. I am asking around about a taxidermist. Do you have any recomendations?  I've never had a fish mounted.
I went to the Stock Show on Tues. for the Ranch Rodeo. Good time. How was your trip there?
About the stock dams, most are in poor shape. I think I lost a couple of my trout dams. I have a few dams that are spring fed and are running out the spillways though and the fishing has been great. Where have you been fishing in Ziebach? Any luck?
Keep posting. It's nice to hear from another West River angler.
Les Shaw

druthrbfishn:
Waterbeater,
Nice perch !! There is a taxidermist in Philip that does good work, or so I've heard. I will find his name for you.
The stock show was good, especially the short round on Sunday, all the good bucking horses were out for the OLN TV show.
I have fished some dams northwest of Dupree, north of Eagle Butte, and the Lantry Dam this winter, not much luck anywhere. Lantry was a good spot but not much water, I doubt it will survive the winter.
I fished Shadehill early last summer, good walleyes early then it slowed down.

waterbeater:
I forgot about the one in Philip. Is his name Hansen? 2 people have recomended Rainbow taxidermy in Black Hawk. He gets $7.50 an inch and $30 for the driftwood.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version