The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New fish house and fishing license regulations  (Read 7922 times)

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
New fish house and fishing license regulations
« on: Mar 11, 2008, 05:25 PM »
what do you think about the new regs for fish houses???? i like that idea especially for people like me who dont have a fancy fish house......the only downfall to the new law is that no one needs a fish house license as long as the house is occupied......well that is down right not right because anyone can put out a huge fish house and as long as one person is in it no big deal fish all you want and go ahead and clean your fish you catch too because that legal now as well......i like the idea of having my fishing license last 14 months just gives me a little more time to forget about not having to buy a new one.......... :tipup:

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: New fish house and fishing license regulations
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2008, 06:11 PM »
It sure seems like you folks in MN have a LOT of rules and regulations to keep track of. But, I guess with all the lakes and great fishing opportunities you have I could learn to adapt!

:tipup:

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2008, 10:00 PM »
its actually not that bad as long as you have your fishing license your ok........no need for one for the fish house unless it is out over night unattended......the only other regs you really have to worry about is slot limits on lakes that you have to watch for because the lakes around here have all kinds of slot limits :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2008, 10:14 PM »
In Indiana ours is good only for 13 months. You lucky dog you. Really doesn't matter. If you buy one at the end of April you will getting another one the folling April. All in all this still equals 12 months. Win loose situation.

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2008, 10:20 PM »
actually last years fishing license is still good and is until april 30 when they usually one are good until the last day in february  :laugh:

Offline comp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2008, 11:45 PM »
In Wisconsin, we were never required to have a license on any shack at all, occupied or not!!!!  Just name and address on the outside.  Just another way for MN. to screw people out of their hard earned money.  The state legislation is beginning to find out that all these rules and regs deter people and licenses are on the decline, meaning one thing to them, less $$$$.

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2008, 12:20 AM »
In Wisconsin, we were never required to have a license on any shack at all, occupied or not!!!!  Just name and address on the outside.  Just another way for MN. to screw people out of their hard earned money.  The state legislation is beginning to find out that all these rules and regs deter people and licenses are on the decline, meaning one thing to them, less $$$$.
God don't be talking about this on here. The Wi. DNR will see this and want to do it to us. shhhhhhhhhh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :nono: :nono: :nono: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline fishwiz4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Playin' Hooky in my new X2!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2008, 07:03 PM »
i really dont think that many fisherman will decide to give up fishing because of a few more bucks here and there.  that just means a couple less beers, then its all even. 

with the amazing resources we have in MN, it would be a shame if they were'nt managed properly.  it would be impossible to manage them well without some funding.  it only makes sence that the people that will be using these resources are the ones that should pay for it.  could you imagine the uproar if statewide taxes were raised to cover the expenses?

if buying a liscence for your house will make you stop fishing, it is obvious that your heart is not it.

****not meant to be a rant.....just trying to think logically
eagles may fly....but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 2008, 07:23 PM »
Lakes in a state are not just a fisherman's paradise. We have the recreational boaters, the shore people, and those that just like to view the water. But those of us that use the water during the ice season shouldn't have to pay more for our access.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2008, 08:58 PM »
They are introducing a $5 walleye stamp that you can buy voluntarily. If you choose to buy it, it will aid stocking programs and habitat management around the state for walleye only. You do not need to buy this stamp to fish walleye, it is strictly voluntary.

They
  it only makes sence that the people that will be using these resources are the ones that should pay for it.  could you imagine the uproar if statewide taxes were raised to cover the expenses?

They have a constitutional sales tax increase in the ballot on Tuesday to benefit the dnr among others. :-\

They are calling it the "Land Water and Legacy Act"

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=86510.0

Statewide sales tax my friend...

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • old nuf to know better, young nuff to do it twice!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2008, 09:53 PM »
how much are the licenses this year??

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2008, 06:17 PM »
as always the price for a new license is $18 it has been that for years.........the only one thing that I like about the new law about not needing to have a fish house license as long as you are in the shelter is that us guys that only want to fish one or two days out of the week dont have to spend the money for a shelter license for only a few hours during the winter that we are on the water

Offline fishwiz4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Playin' Hooky in my new X2!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2008, 09:28 PM »
Lakes in a state are not just a fisherman's paradise. We have the recreational boaters, the shore people, and those that just like to view the water. But those of us that use the water during the ice season shouldn't have to pay more for our access.

you have to have registration for your boat in the summer.  i dont see how a fish hosue is much different.  both are tools for fishing.  as far as the tax is concerned....at least is/was put up to a vote.
eagles may fly....but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2008, 01:26 PM »

They
They have a constitutional sales tax increase in the ballot on Tuesday to benefit the dnr among others. :-\

They are calling it the "Land Water and Legacy Act"

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=86510.0

Statewide sales tax my friend...

I hate that tax!! Just like when you buy your hunting and fishing license, the money goes inta a general fund and helps pay for the liberal arts!!  The only difference is, in the new sales tax, they call the liberal arts, "cultural herritage".

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2008, 09:52 PM »
can you buy more than one license? i have 3 houses.

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2008, 10:31 PM »
you can buy as many as you want.  Do you leave all 3 out? 

Offline BUCKNAKED

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Hell I'll even let you buy me one.

Haywood there going to repeal that tax in 20 years ::) ::) ::)

I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man with no feet and took his shoes.

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2008, 09:26 PM »
you can buy as many as you want.  Do you leave all 3 out? 

ya there are 3 good lakes with in 5 miles of my house do i just ride my snow mobile around to them i need to figure out a auger holder for it this year.

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Hell I'll even let you buy me one.

Haywood there going to repeal that tax in 20 years ::) ::) ::)

Oh good.  Now when is it that they are going to drop the tax they put in place for building the Metrodome?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.